DSP units from AndroidAutoShop.com

Search This thread

JayMarks40

Oct 9, 2019
How long have people been waiting to get their radios from androidautoshop? When I ordered they told me 10 to 14 days and that was almost 5 weeks ago. I've read this whole thread and it seems communication has always been a problem with this company.

JayMarks40

Oct 9, 2019
For those of you who received your radios from Android auto shop, did you ever get any info for tracking or anything indicating it was shipped? I'm at 8 weeks and have been emailing them for 5 weeks. Today I filed a PayPal claim.

Last edited:

z4mur41

Aug 20, 2019
For those of you who received your radios from Android auto shop, did you ever get any info for tracking or anything indicating it was shipped? I'm at 8 weeks and have been emailing them for 5 weeks. Today I filed a PayPal claim.
No I did not, but I waited and eventually it came. And I'm pleasantly surprised with it this far, relatively quick even when it's cold outside.

JayMarks40

Oct 9, 2019
I would love to have my radios, but after being told 10-12 days for delivery and waiting 8 weeks, I filed a claim with PayPal. Androidautoshop/Graviton have ignored my emails for 6 weeks now. If the radios are backordered and there is going to be a long delay, then tell your customers what's up. They are having problems now because nothing can be ordered on their webpage, says no payment method available. They haven't responded to PayPal yet either after 8 days. 2 more days and hopefully PayPal will refund me.

Flemischguy

Dec 15, 2014
Antwerp
I would love to have my radios, but after being told 10-12 days for delivery and waiting 8 weeks, I filed a claim with PayPal. Androidautoshop/Graviton have ignored my emails for 6 weeks now. If the radios are backordered and there is going to be a long delay, then tell your customers what's up. They are having problems now because nothing can be ordered on their webpage, says no payment method available. They haven't responded to PayPal yet either after 8 days. 2 more days and hopefully PayPal will refund me.

I'm afraid they're not active any more, I could be wrong, but their facebook page doesn't exist anymore and a guy from a BMW I-bus app group on facebook placed a public question for some reaction of them . That's very sad, i had to wait also a long time, 6 or 8 weeks, but the radio works great and have never problems. I was looking elsewhere ( Xtrons for example) after a Hexa Core android 9 inch radio with 9 inch ips screen, to replace my octa core radio. i didn't find any other radio brand that has it all like AAS offers, DSP, IPS.

JayMarks40

Oct 9, 2019
I also couldn't find an alternative with IPS screen and dsp. However Erisin has an identical looking unit also with IPS screen and dsp. Still has 4gb/64gb but unfortunately has PX5 chip. It is $150 cheaper though. Waiting to see what happens with PayPal claim. Maybe the radios will show up but I doubt it. How is that IPS screen?

JayMarks40

Oct 9, 2019
PayPal refunded me today for the two radios that I bought from Androidautoshop. PayPal gave them 10 days to respond to their request for more information and they never even answered PayPal. Maybe I'll get lucky and they'll still show up LOL.

brycestejskal

Dec 14, 2006
NOR-CAL
PayPal refunded me today for the two radios that I bought from Androidautoshop. PayPal gave them 10 days to respond to their request for more information and they never even answered PayPal. Maybe I'll get lucky and they'll still show up LOL.

I had issues like this as well. I did receive my headunit, but not until after I started the paypal claim.
I had ordered a $50 accessory that never arrived too.
They tried some shiesty **** to get me to end the paypal claim, saying I received the radio and that the accessory will not be shipped ever. They said they would personally send me the price refund for the accessory, but not until after I ended the paypal claim.

Well, If I end the paypal claim, I cannot reopen it. So if they didnt follow through, I would be out of luck. I told paypal, and paypal got pissed at the company and said that they are not allowed to even ask that outside of the claim process.

So I made a case that the OBD claim on the universal head unit page is inaccurate as well. It claimed that an OBD deocder is built in. This is not accurate. It is steering wheel analog controls in which you need an external decoder you must buy to send the signal to the SW control wires on the head unit. Website stated you could bring in air conditioning status, etc. Not at all true of the universal headunit. CRAP.

Got a $90 refund, and did receive the headunit. Headunit is great, but took 6 weeks to arrive. Tracking information was sent after it arrived lol.

JayMarks40

Oct 9, 2019
They never contacted me or PayPal about the claim. PayPal refunded immediately after 10 day period for seller to respond which they didn't. Still says I have an order and its paid on their website. They now have no payment options on their website. PayPal and credit card companies have dropped them.

marchnz

Nov 26, 2012
NZ
Would hope that there are no orders from these unscrupulous scammers after reading this forum.

bmeek

Jun 2, 2007
I was on another Android Head Unit-related thread where @brycestejskal said he was happy with the unit he finally received from AndroidAutoShop.com (although he specifically did NOT recommend buying from them).

I was curious, searched for them and scanned this thread (which appears to be a fitting obituary for AAS). I found their current www site message rather funny and ironic given their reported standard response to inquiries of "where's my stuff?":

attachment.php

Last edited:

noools

May 6, 2017
I ordered a PX5 DSP Unit from AndroidAutoShop, because of the promo from Hal9k :rolleyes:
Last year in August I received the unit. In December it didnt boot anymore.

I changed the Coreboard with one without the DSP Pins on the Layout.
See here: https://xdaforums.com/android-auto/...ral/dasaita-10-px5-coreboard-booting-t4062021

So the warranty from AAS isnt existing.

The problem ist, I have no sound. Everything works. The sounds from the keys are working in the speakers, but no media sound.

Can I activate the sound with this coreboard? Or is it necessary, to buy a coreboard with the 4 DSP pins? Thank you

florin0x01

Jan 10, 2020
I just ordered a PX5 (4x48W, TDA 7851 Amplifier) without DSP . I am tempted to return the unit and get one with DSP however , how much of the DSP "effect" can be realised with Viper4Android?
Is unit with DSP much better in sound quality with the default settings?
I currently have a Sony XAVW650BT (4x55W) with stock speakers/amplifiers. It sounds OK but has some distortion on higher levels with default settings.

elieditze

Apr 3, 2016
Hi! I want to tell you that I bought a radio 9 "2/32 android 10 8 core ips dsp, that's fine, only a defect is not possible to adjust the sound with the dsp app, it sounds good and suddenly the voice or the treble or the bass are reduced, it is as if it had an audio compressor, which limits the frequencies.
Has it happened to them?
Ah sorry for my bad english

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    We get it. you dont like DSP.

luckily for us who got the unit and tried it the sound is just on a whole new level compared to old units.

:laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

I used to work for a company that writes software, and manufacturers hardware............ specifically DSP's you clown. What I am trying to ascertain, and as yet, am unable to get a clear and straight answer, is the actual improvement. So far I've got you:
    "yeah it'll sound better because my MTCB one sounded terrible" - yeah, not a valid or scientific comparison.
    "yeah it'll sound better because DSP" - feels
    "yeah it'll sound better because the nice chinese man said it would" - not valid either.

You can't just assume it'll sound better, that's my point. It goes over your head every time, but there we go.

---------- Post added at 11:19 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:03 AM ----------

And they're somehow different to the JY/fyt units?!?! Seems anecdotal. Consider that the hardware can be perfect while the software is fundamentally flawed...as is both HCT and FYT.

Re. DSP, sounds like some have drunk the marketing cool aid. It simply isn't necessary -I recall the last big 'JY' innovation was the class D 'digital' amp, I mean really does no one actually understand this stuff? Seriously.

See my thread for a quality JY unit where the case post would have eventually shorted against the mainboard.

Can you honestly say the PX5 JY Fyt are not simply ripoffs of the HCT units...they have the identical architectures, peripheral components and like software components.

So far, I'm not convinced a single person in this thread (excluding myself and you, without sounding arrogant) have a ****ing clue. I put in phrases for them to Google and read up: "signal chain" etc, but still it goes over their heads

"DSP ORSUM BRO, SO KEWLLLLLLLLLLZ, I GOT SOME £8 AFTERMARKET PARCEL SHELF SPEAKERS FROM HALFORDS THEY'RE ORSUM TOO"

If Apple did nothing else but stick a t in front of their iPhone and called it the tiPhone, some people would still buy it. I suspect the same is true here.

I am still confident that sticking a stock PX5 unit next to a DSP one, there will be almost no difference in overall sound quality, but with some tweaks you might be able to make the DSP one sound a little better. Same amp chip, but the same signal chain pretty much. If the DSP units contain a superior amp, then that is when the game changes, but so far nothing suggests that is the case.
    What MCU is it ?
    From what i understand its an actual onboard chip that gives higher volume and more control of the soundchip.

mercedes-gl-ml-w164-7-touch-screen-dsp-android-80-4gb-32gb-entertainment-system.jpg

Yeah of course :D

dehydrated.water_.jpg

You're aware that the photo you attached has almost 100% of the exact same functionality as the current PX5 Xtrons/Eonon/etc, with the only difference being it's skinned up differently.

"Step right up folks, I have for you 100% pure snake oil bull****"

---------- Post added at 03:21 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:16 PM ----------

I'll stick a fiver on now, that if you could grab the APK of that EQ, it would run on any other PX5 device. Easiest money I'll ever win.
    KuYCQDC.jpg

Slow down with the attitude buddy. we are just trying to figure it out here :)

Just got this from a dev over at another forum.

EDIT* Looks like you owe me a fiver lol.