FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

New Joying Android 5.1.1 2GB Units available very soon !

4 posts
Thanks Meter: 0

By yonif, Junior Member on 20th September 2016, 06:52 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
Hello,

I found 2 new videos on youtube showing the 2 next Android 5.1.1 2G units from Joying (Boy Ka channel).

Joying announces a release date for october 10th.

The standard universal one (8 inches, 2 din) :

and the single din 10.1 inches :

I hope that they will release a dedicated unit for VW (with knobs for volume) and I will get one.

20th September 2016, 07:36 PM |#2  
No evidence exists that these are 2gb units and when requested to produce a video the response is "some time", "later", "trust us" etc. Poster claims these are intel units and again no evidence. Suggest marketing is in action until supplier produces reliable information.
20th September 2016, 08:11 PM |#3  
Flag Louisville, KY
Thanks Meter: 157

More
hopefully it is legit
20th September 2016, 11:22 PM |#4  
Thanks Meter: 3

More
They have a lot of units on Aliexpress listed as 2GB RAM for a long time now. I asked if these are really 2GB RAM and they said it is an error. I suggested that they correct the listing but I guess that still didn't happen....

Sent from my SM-N910F using XDA-Developers mobile app
21st September 2016, 08:15 AM |#5  
Thanks Meter: 27

More
It is strange indeed, Joying has lied about these specs before, so that's nothing new. However the unit does appear to be very responsive, so I take that as a good sign. Let's wait and see what they come back with on October 10th and I'm hoping they come up with a unit for the Sprinter/Crafter...
21st September 2016, 09:37 AM |#6  
Thanks Meter: 9

More
I do not doubt joying a second what they specify. The system looks extremely responsive. Probably totally true that it is a intel cpu with 2 gb ram.
21st September 2016, 12:10 PM |#7  
Deleted - updated by repost with attachment.
21st September 2016, 01:14 PM |#8  
Flag Virginia
Thanks Meter: 863

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by yonif

and the single din 10.1 inches :

I hope that they will release a dedicated unit for VW (with knobs for volume) and I will get one.

OMG. Looks like some redesign on the UI. Android Gingerbread called and said they wanted their icons back....
21st September 2016, 02:01 PM |#9  
Thanks Meter: 9

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by marchnz

I have receieved the following today from other reseller (not joying) and have asked for further details. 2gb ram with quad core intel processor - see attached

See attached? We want to know more
21st September 2016, 05:54 PM |#10  
Thanks Meter: 55

More
http://www.aliexpress.com/item/2G-Ra...08.0.54.PW30db
i bought this one on aliexpress and it has 2gb of ram and running 5.1.1 happy so far
21st September 2016, 06:03 PM |#11  
Flag Toronto
Thanks Meter: 110

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zaphod-Beeblebrox

OMG. Looks like some redesign on the UI. Android Gingerbread called and said they wanted their icons back....

Yeah, no kidding. I actually bought one these from Joying, specifically their 10" Unit MTCD based unit running 5.1.1 thinking it would be an "upgrade" from my NewsMy CarPad 2S. Boy was I wrong. These units only have 2 advantages over the NewsMy. The RDS works and they are available in a 10" screen. In every other way, they are inferior to the NewsMy. The worst part is that the Internal Bluetooth adapter communicates via the MCU only. It is not visible to android, so any apps that need to talk to BT devices, such as my radar detector, don't work. The NewsMy was better because it had dual bluetooth adapters to get around this problem. Even the custom ROM maker, Malaysk can't fix this because he has tried and failed to inject generic USB bluetooth drivers into the rom to run dual bluetooth. So, now I am at an empass. Do I put my NU3001 back in and give up RDS and the 10" screen, or wait for this "new" Joying unit in the YouTube video that runs Intel SoC to see if they fixed the bluetooth problem...... I also emailed Summer at NewsMy asking if they are working on a new CarPad IV, hopefully with a bigger screen but no replies....... Don't know which way to go.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)