FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

New Joying Android 5.1.1 2GB Units available very soon !

4 posts
Thanks Meter: 0

By yonif, Junior Member on 20th September 2016, 06:52 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
28th October 2016, 10:02 PM |#101  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
Joying added a new category for 2GB units... and there are also car specific units (but only the selection, no buy option)

29th October 2016, 06:01 PM |#102  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by CadillacMike

yup, looks like carjoying.com has 2 items listed:

On the first unit that cadillac mike posted, does anyone know if the screen is fixed or can it be moved up down/ tilt or is it just fixed from the single din Mount?
29th October 2016, 09:01 PM |#103  

More
also how long is it taking to get a joying unit are they shipping direct from china thru DHL for 3-6weeks or is it in stock in us and normal shipping?
30th October 2016, 12:52 AM |#104  

More
I ordered one on Amazon. ETA mid-Nov. Can't wait.

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk
30th October 2016, 04:40 AM |#105  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by car_dude_123

I ordered one on Amazon. ETA mid-Nov. Can't wait.

Thanks
3rd November 2016, 01:56 AM |#106  

More
It arrived. Installed it. Very happy! Everything I need works.

3rd November 2016, 01:59 AM |#107  
Charlottesville, VA Area
Thanks Meter: 131

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by car_dude_123

It arrived. Installed it. Very happy! Everything I need works.

I wish I could say that!
3rd November 2016, 06:35 AM |#108  

More
I'm looking at getting the 2g ram 32gb rom model. I have a aftermarket overhead DVD player in my suburban currently with an Sony in dash DVD player with 6.2 inch screen. Currently with my setup I'm able to play video files from a thumb drive and it will play on both the indash and the overhead DVD player. I can also navigate away from the movie or turn the indash screen off and the movie will continue to play on the overhead unit.

Can anyone tell me if I can do this on a joying unit? I want to be able to play movies from sd card or thumb drive to overhead monitor while also utilizing Google maps or another app. Or will the overhead monitor just display exactly what's on the screen on the joying?
The Following User Says Thank You to Barton261 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Barton261 Ad-Free
3rd November 2016, 01:49 PM |#109  
Charlottesville, VA Area

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Barton261

I'm looking at getting the 2g ram 32gb rom model. I have a aftermarket overhead DVD player in my suburban currently with an Sony in dash DVD player with 6.2 inch screen. Currently with my setup I'm able to play video files from a thumb drive and it will play on both the indash and the overhead DVD player. I can also navigate away from the movie or turn the indash screen off and the movie will continue to play on the overhead unit.

Can anyone tell me if I can do this on a joying unit? I want to be able to play movies from sd card or thumb drive to overhead monitor while also utilizing Google maps or another app. Or will the overhead monitor just display exactly what's on the screen on the joying?

According to the specifications of the new unit there are 2 video outputs for rear additional headrest tablets. And the main front unit can operate independent of the video player. There are 2 USB2.0 ports for various options. Some models also have DVD players.
Use caution on these new units, I have just received the 8" single din unit and I'm having issues with Bluetooth Music and bad FM Radio reception. I get my car back from Best Buy today and will do a thorough review and post the results here.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to wanb1i For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift wanb1i Ad-Free
3rd November 2016, 10:41 PM |#110  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by wanb1i

According to the specifications of the new unit there are 2 video outputs for rear additional headrest tablets. And the main front unit can operate independent of the video player. There are 2 USB2.0 ports for various options. Some models also have DVD players.
Use caution on these new units, I have just received the 8" single din unit and I'm having issues with Bluetooth Music and bad FM Radio reception. I get my car back from Best Buy today and will do a thorough review and post the results here.

I understand there are multiple video outputs. My concern is whether or not a video will continue to play and be displayed on an external monitor if that is not what is shown on the units display. Example: I start a movie and then switch to google maps. Is my external display going to show the movie or Google maps?
3rd November 2016, 11:54 PM |#111  
Charlottesville, VA Area

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Barton261

I understand there are multiple video outputs. My concern is whether or not a video will continue to play and be displayed on an external monitor if that is not what is shown on the units display. Example: I start a movie and then switch to google maps. Is my external display going to show the movie or Google maps?

Please READ my response to your request. "And the main front unit can operate independent of the video player." To me, that sounds like a positive answer to your quarry.

BTW, thanks for taking your personal time to respond to my question.........
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)