FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

New Joying Android 5.1.1 2GB Units available very soon !

4 posts
Thanks Meter: 0

By yonif, Junior Member on 20th September 2016, 06:52 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
10th June 2017, 07:56 PM |#1151  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Saiyajin

Guys - is someone else of you struggling with the factory radio app? I'm having the issue, that it jumps to other frequencies all the time, although the reception is not too bad. It just jumps arbitrarily to other frequencies that sometimes don't have any reception at all.

I have this exact same problem and it is driving me nuts! Did you solve this by chance? If not is there an alternate radio app we can use?

11th June 2017, 07:07 AM |#1152  
Flag Zwolle
Thanks Meter: 943

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by cormoo82

I have this exact same problem and it is driving me nuts! Did you solve this by chance? If not is there an alternate radio app we can use?

This is due to the fact that they implemented RDS AF incorrectly. AF is to find the strongest altenative frequency for the current radio station.
Joying, or actually their software supplier SYU, interpreted it as "simply find the strongest frequency", like in any frequency available.
You better switch off AF on your radio app.

I have my Joying since January and since that time I have been mailing them. They seem to understand the issue now, but they only mention that it is better to switch off AF. They say nothing like "We are working on it and will supply a correct version on ...".
It seems to happen on more Chinese head units. Very stupid.
19th June 2017, 01:14 PM |#1153  
Thanks Meter: 5

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by surfer63

This is due to the fact that they implemented RDS AF incorrectly. AF is to find the strongest altenative frequency for the current radio station.
Joying, or actually their software supplier SYU, interpreted it as "simply find the strongest frequency", like in any frequency available.
You better switch off AF on your radio app.

I have my Joying since January and since that time I have been mailing them. They seem to understand the issue now, but they only mention that it is better to switch off AF. They say nothing like "We are working on it and will supply a correct version on ...".
It seems to happen on more Chinese head units. Very stupid.

Thanks for the insights. Not sure though if that is the "solution" even with AF off it is switching pointlessly to other frequencies, even if there is no signal at all.
30th June 2017, 02:23 AM |#1154  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
Change the LED's
Hi all. I posted this question in another thread but this might be a more appropriate place. One of the main purchasing factors for me was the orange LED's pictured in the ad for the headunit. But I only have 7 color options, and the "orange" is actually green/yellow. Does anyone have a mod to edit the colors available? Or perhaps recommend a different ROM than the one that ships with the unit? Alternatively, I'm willing to dig around - if I knew where the app controls for the "lantern" setting were stored within the rom... I might be able to decompile and edit the hex values. In earlier versions of Joying units they had much more customization over the LED colors... would love to see something like that return.
11th July 2017, 12:19 AM |#1155  
Thanks Meter: 4

More
Missing Phone Dialer / Bluetooth App
Hi, I don't know how or when but I am no longer able to find my phone dialer / bluetooth app. I have the bluetooth settings mod and am able to tether my phone and receive bluetooth phone calls, however; I am unable to place calls. Is there an APK containing the phone app?
15th December 2017, 01:58 AM |#1156  

More
I would like to redraw the guidelines in the back up camera and have read some posts about changing the png file in SYU-1-C9-UIServer-V1.0.apk, but how do I get to that apk? Is it under settings? Can I get to it using the stock file manager? Any help would be appreciated
8th April 2018, 02:42 PM |#1157  
Thanks Meter: 2

More
Swapping for google assitant
Does anyone know which file do I need to modify to get google assistant to launch when pressing SRC button?

Thanks in advance

---------- Post added at 01:42 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:36 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by gustden

As mentioned previously, here is a modification to change 'Source' button to invoke "google voice" commands. This can then be assigned on the steering wheel to call up google voice easily while driving. It also changes the behaviour of the 'SRC' hard button on the front of the unit. Please note, you must have an internet connection for google voice commands to work.

The apk file "Sofia-1-C9-Server-V1.0.apk" is a system file. You must have root access to install this modificaton. Please be sure to make a copy of the original file, in case you want to revert back. This has been tested on the January 5 release on the Joying JY-UL135N2.

I used ADB to install the file using the following commands:

adb push Sofia-1-C9-Server-V1.0.apk /sdcard/
adb shell
su
mount -o remount,rw /system
cd /system/app/Sofia-1-C9-Server-V1.0
mv Sofia-1-C9-Server-V1.0.apk Sofia-1-C9-Server-V1.0.apk.orig
cp /sdcard/Sofia-1-C9-Server-V1.0.apk .
chmod 644 Sofia-1-C9-Server-V1.0.apk
reboot

Assign steering wheel button 'SRC' to a key. Enjoy google voice without taking your eyes off the road!

You can easily back out the change by copying the original file back into place and rebooting.

Attached files:
google_voice_search.zip - Original apk file
NoKill_google_voice_search.zip - Updated to remove task killer on standby.
NoKill_google_voice_search_031417.zip - Updated to March 14, 2017 ROM - also includes Navigation TTS patch for radio from @surfer63

Thanks It works perfectly! Which file do I need to modify within the sofia server.apk to be abvle to open google assistant instead of google now ?

Thanks in advance
21st October 2018, 02:25 AM |#1158  
Thanks Meter: 2

More
Which file to modify within the apk to open a different app ?
@gustden Thanks for your help ! I'm loving this feature but I would love to be able to use google assistant instead. I managed to get google assistant running on my head unit but after decompiling the sofia apk I have no idea where to change which app I want to open using SRC button. I know it's been a while since you posted this, but I'm really hoping you can help ! Thanks in advance!
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)