FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

New Joying Android 5.1.1 2GB Units available very soon !

4 posts
Thanks Meter: 0
 
By yonif, Junior Member on 20th September 2016, 06:52 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
22nd September 2016, 07:34 PM |#21  
Senior Member
Flag Louisville, KY
Thanks Meter: 157
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Need4Camaro

Are Joying Units still having the problems where the volume knob stops working while using Waze?

mine (MTCD, 5.1) does not have this issue
 
 
23rd September 2016, 01:36 AM |#22  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 4
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by CadillacMike

mine (MTCD, 5.1) does not have this issue

Can you link me to the unit you purchased?
23rd September 2016, 01:42 AM |#23  
Senior Member
Flag Louisville, KY
Thanks Meter: 157
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Need4Camaro

Can you link me to the unit you purchased?

big fan of mine:

https://smile.amazon.com/Challenger-...ds=jeep+joying

although I would be interested in that 2GB of RAM if it is real
24th September 2016, 10:46 PM |#24  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 55
 
More
Here's the info off my unit ..working good so far ..I wanted to know how to root and back this thing up..also if I tried to root and something went wrong how could I restore..
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20160922_193916.jpg
Views:	3780
Size:	250.5 KB
ID:	3885269   Click image for larger version

Name:	20160922_193854.jpg
Views:	1348
Size:	248.2 KB
ID:	3885270   Click image for larger version

Name:	20160922_191632.jpg
Views:	1552
Size:	279.1 KB
ID:	3885271   Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2016-09-24-17-13-16.jpg
Views:	1390
Size:	65.5 KB
ID:	3885272  
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to [email protected] For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift [email protected] Ad-Free
24th September 2016, 11:53 PM |#25  
leonkernan's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Melbourne
Thanks Meter: 295
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by [email protected]

Here's the info off my unit ..working good so far ..I wanted to know how to root and back this thing up..also if I tried to root and something went wrong how could I restore..

Nice, it looks like it's just a straight swap of the ARM board.
Must be an Intel chip, they were forced to put a giant heatsink on it
25th September 2016, 01:24 AM |#26  
Senior Member
Flag Louisville, KY
Thanks Meter: 157
 
More
Can't wait to see a review of that
26th September 2016, 04:17 PM |#27  
Senior Member
Flag Toronto
Thanks Meter: 110
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by [email protected]

Here's the info off my unit ..working good so far ..I wanted to know how to root and back this thing up..also if I tried to root and something went wrong how could I restore..

Would you be willing to do me an enormous favor? I have been struggling with the joying MTCD unit since April because one of the applications I need does not work. Specifically an app named alpconnect which I will link below that communicates with my radar detector via Bluetooth. The reason it will not work is because on MTCD head units the internal Bluetooth adapter communicates through the MCU and not Android itself. So when I open this app, after I accept the license agreement, it states that bluetooth is off when in reality it is on and then when you click allow it will crash. I would very much appreciate it if you could take a few minutes to try to install this free application and let me know what happens after you run it, accept the license agreement, and tell me if it also says that bluetooth is off or if it starts scanning and looking for the Bluetooth module, which would mean it is working. Thank you very much.

https://www.google.ca/url?sa=t&sourc...xTJLkVgR3KhafQ
26th September 2016, 06:08 PM |#28  
Zaphod-Beeblebrox's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Virginia
Thanks Meter: 863
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by sterod

Would you be willing to do me an enormous favor? I have been struggling with the joying MTCD unit since April because one of the applications I need does not work. Specifically an app named alpconnect which I will link below that communicates with my radar detector via Bluetooth. The reason it will not work is because on MTCD head units the internal Bluetooth adapter communicates through the MCU and not Android itself. So when I open this app, after I accept the license agreement, it states that bluetooth is off when in reality it is on and then when you click allow it will crash. I would very much appreciate it if you could take a few minutes to try to install this free application and let me know what happens after you run it, accept the license agreement, and tell me if it also says that bluetooth is off or if it starts scanning and looking for the Bluetooth module, which would mean it is working. Thank you very much.

https://www.google.ca/url?sa=t&sourc...xTJLkVgR3KhafQ

Most of these Chinese head units do not have bluetooth on the android daughterboard. The bluetooth unit is a separate analog source (kind of like the radio), that is controlled from android through the MCU. As such, it doesn't support the type of profiles needed to connect to your devices. It's also not truly visible to the android system anyway. They've hacked up the settings/status bar a bit to show the bluetooth icon, but it's not really bluetooth as Android knows it...

The only device I know of that would have the capability you desire is the Newsmy units. They have the traditional bluetooth HFP that all chinese radios have, but the android box has its own bluetooth module as well. That internal bluetooth module works with OBD devices (and one would presume) your radar device as well.
26th September 2016, 07:05 PM |#29  
Senior Member
Flag Toronto
Thanks Meter: 110
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zaphod-Beeblebrox

Most of these Chinese head units do not have bluetooth on the android daughterboard. The bluetooth unit is a separate analog source (kind of like the radio), that is controlled from android through the MCU. As such, it doesn't support the type of profiles needed to connect to your devices. It's also not truly visible to the android system anyway. They've hacked up the settings/status bar a bit to show the bluetooth icon, but it's not really bluetooth as Android knows it...

The only device I know of that would have the capability you desire is the Newsmy units. They have the traditional bluetooth HFP that all chinese radios have, but the android box has its own bluetooth module as well. That internal bluetooth module works with OBD devices (and one would presume) your radar device as well.

I know, Zaphod. I'm perfectly aware of everything you just said, I even own a NU3001 running the awesome xdAuto you contribute to. I'm asking this guy, because on these "new" 2GB units that run the Intel CPU, they apparently also run Parrot Bluetooth. So, I want to know if this gets around the issue where the internal BT adaptor only talks to the MCU and not Android. If its the same crap on this new unit, I will stick with my NU3001 until NewsMy brings out a new model which apparently Summer says is 2-3 months away.

---------- Post added at 02:05 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:21 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by [email protected]

Here's the info off my unit ..working good so far ..I wanted to know how to root and back this thing up..also if I tried to root and something went wrong how could I restore..

Also, can you try "Netflix" on your unit? It is confirmed "not working" on the 1GB MTCD units with the RK3188 running 5.1.1.
You get a black screen with audio only when playing back a movie, because the kernel is either missing or not reporting x264 decoding capability.
26th September 2016, 07:13 PM |#30  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 55
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by sterod

I know, Zaphod. I'm perfectly aware of everything you just said, I even own a NU3001 running the awesome xdAuto you contribute to. I'm asking this guy, because on these "new" 2GB units that run the Intel CPU, they apparently also run Parrot Bluetooth. So, I want to know if this gets around the issue where the internal BT adaptor only talks to the MCU and not Android. If its the same crap on this new unit, I will stick with my NU3001 until NewsMy brings out a new model which apparently Summer says is 2-3 months away.

---------- Post added at 02:05 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:21 PM ----------



Also, can you try "Netflix" on your unit? It is confirmed "not working" on the 1GB MTCD units with the RK3188 running 5.1.1.
You get a black screen with audio only when playing back a movie, because the kernel is either missing or not reporting x264 decoding capability.

netflix does work.. as far as Bluetooth i can look for the app tomorrow on my day off from work...but i do think the Bluetooth is on the intel card
26th September 2016, 07:14 PM |#31  
Senior Member
Flag Toronto
Thanks Meter: 110
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by [email protected]

netflix does work.. as far as Bluetooth i can look for the app tomorrow on my day off from work...but i do think the Bluetooth is on the intel card

Thanks for letting me know about Netflix, I appreciate you taking the time to answer my BT question when you can.

If you could also post a screenshot of the Android bluetooth menu, under settings, this may help to identify its capability. On the MTCD units, the Android Bluetooth settings menu is just a duplicate of the Joying Bluetooth Settings app, where the only options listed are the Device name, PIN, auto connect and auto answer. The expanded menu isn't there.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)
Message:
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes