FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

New Joying Android 5.1.1 2GB Units available very soon !

4 posts
Thanks Meter: 0

By yonif, Junior Member on 20th September 2016, 06:52 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
6th January 2017, 02:03 PM |#501  
Charlottesville, VA Area
Thanks Meter: 131

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by concept5400

While my phone is connected through BT to the headunit everytime I receive an e-mail Spotify is muting itself and it lookks like the unit is trying to play the notification sound but fails to do so. It's pretty annoying to have music muted for a few seconds every now and then.

The workaround is to switch phone's media output to internal speaker after establishing BT connection with the unit. I am leaving the car and coming back quite often and switching phone's media output each time is quite tedious...

Is there a possiblity to connect a bluetooth device (phone) for calls only?

In the phone BT settings you can uncheck the media setting, then it's phone only. Find the little wheel icon for the joying connection, click it while connected and uncheck the media box.

---------- Post added at 09:03 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:51 AM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by KamaL

Ok so I didn't make myself clear.
During winter we have to keep lights on. Because of daylight I keep brightness almost at max in order to see well. But at night, when lights are obviously still on, the max brightness is simply too much. In practice the unit doesn't detect any changes because lights are always on.
That's why I'm asking if the unit can detect changes aside the lights on or off and change brightness accordingly.

Use CF Lumen by Chainfire from the play store. Itbwill automatically adjust the screen and sunrsie and sunset. Or use Tasker to do it. If you're using Tasker for something else, that would be the best option, as it will use less memory.

6th January 2017, 02:19 PM |#502  
B'ham
Thanks Meter: 142

More
Guys

This is probably best response regarding Joking aftersale customer care service.

It is regarding my HU being sent incorrectly and instead 2GB ram unit I have received 1GB with 16GB memory.
Had to sent few messages to the aliexpress seller which meant to be official one and finally I had promising response today
See attached
Now wondering what shall I do lol
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20170106-131016.jpg
Views:	420
Size:	139.5 KB
ID:	3992820  
The Following User Says Thank You to demo84 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift demo84 Ad-Free
6th January 2017, 02:50 PM |#503  
Thanks Meter: 24

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by demo84

Guys

This is probably best response regarding Joking aftersale customer care service.

It is regarding my HU being sent incorrectly and instead 2GB ram unit I have received 1GB with 16GB memory.
Had to sent few messages to the aliexpress seller which meant to be official one and finally I had promising response today
See attached
Now wondering what shall I do lol

I would make them to send the new unit, you maybe would want to ask them to send the new unit at the same time you send the old, to reduce the time wihout headunit.
It may take some time.

Lähetetty minun E6853 laitteesta Tapatalkilla
6th January 2017, 03:07 PM |#504  
B'ham

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by tuuza

I would make them to send the new unit, you maybe would want to ask them to send the new unit at the same time you send the old, to reduce the time wihout headunit.
It may take some time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jvhr

I would *try* (though would not get my hopes up) to get them to send ADVANCED RMA. Tell them you need the packaging to return the wrong one because you already threw it out. Don't give them any more money.

Yeah That would make sense but just wondering to ask them to exchange the unit only without the screen (which is the heaviest thing I believe) and without any accessories

What you guys think?
6th January 2017, 10:08 PM |#505  
Thanks Meter: 4

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by demo84

Yeah That would make sense but just wondering to ask them to exchange the unit only without the screen (which is the heaviest thing I believe) and without any accessories

What you guys think?

No...I wouldn't do that... You can kiss your warranty good bye if you remove the screen and any other accessories and exchange onto the newer unit should the new unit arrive and have issues. Exchange like for like.

Also..

Don't pay a penny for shipping the wrong unit back, make them send you a shipping label, this was their error.
6th January 2017, 10:10 PM |#506  
Thanks Meter: 24

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Need4Camaro

No...I wouldn't do that... You can kiss your warranty good bye if you remove the screen and any other accessories and exchange onto the newer unit should the new unit arrive and have issues. Exchange like for like.

Also..

Don't pay a penny for shipping the wrong unit back, make them send you a shipping label, this was their error.

I guess he speaks about the universal unit that has removable screen? But i think they dont work with the new 2gb/32gb units.

6th January 2017, 10:13 PM |#507  
B'ham

More
Yes this is universal version with removable screen. I thing both versions screens are the same
One more Q
Do the 1GB units comes 32GB as well? or 16GB only?
6th January 2017, 10:17 PM |#508  
Thanks Meter: 4

More
Guys, is there anything we can do to push for the resolution of the following issues with the Joying Intel units?

#1 No Okay Google Everywhere
#2 No audio while any other GPS is active while music is playing - canceling both the music and GPS volume out.. UNLESS you use the GPS you set as the Navigation...

What can we do to fix these issues?
6th January 2017, 11:28 PM |#509  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
I too have this issue. What I did was, I used 'Power Amp' for music playback instead of stock. Used MX player instead of stock video player. Both can also run in background.
If anyone have a workaround for this issue, please share.

Quote:

Guys, is there anything we can do to push for the resolution of the following issues with the Joying Intel units?

#2 No audio while any other GPS is active while music is playing - canceling both the music and GPS volume out.. UNLESS you use the GPS you set as the Navigation...

7th January 2017, 02:33 PM |#510  
Flag Louisville, KY
Thanks Meter: 157

More
Quote:

I do not use OK Google, but I have seen posts of people saying it works
8th January 2017, 01:38 AM |#511  
Thanks Meter: 7

More
Is there any way to "lock" the HU while leaving the car in a repair shop? I would prefer not to hand over access to my gmail inbox
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)