[MTCD/E] [PX5] BT Search and connection issues with device name and pin

Search This thread

PekeMM

Dec 17, 2017
Recently some users including me are having issues with BT Connection, device search, setting device name and making changes persistent.

BT MODULES THAT IT WAS TEST ON:
SD-968 - [HA] [MCU MTCE 2.75] Firmware 20180201 and few earlier = WORKS
MD725 - [??] [MCU ???] Oreo Firmware = DO NOT WORK (According to feedback) LogCat needed to see if Firmware communicate with BT Module at all.

METHOD 1 (SHORTER):
1. Force Stop BT app
2. Clear DATA and CACHE for BT app

METHOD 2 (LONGER):
Here are the steps I've done to make it work.
1. Boot device (restart if it was not in deep sleep)
2. Directly go to system BT settings (drop notification and tap on BT)
3. Set Device name and PIN
4. Press refresh
5. Go to Home Screen (Home Button)
6. Open BT App -> Configuration
7. Name and PIN should be entered now
8. Disable/enable Auto Connect and exit app
9. reenter app and configuration to enable Auto connect
10. Make sure that all previous BT profiles for HU are deleted on phone and that phone is visible for all devices (usually when BT configuration is open device is visible)
11. Try to search for devices. It should fail (it failed for me)
12. Go to factory settings
13. Change BT Device even it is wrong one (I have SD-968 I changed to MD725)
14. Tap Apply -> Exit -> CANCEL on reboot prompt (without doing step 13 there will be no scheduled restart)
15. Reenter Factory settings and set correct BT Module (I have SET SD-968) Tap Apply -> Exit -> and Confirm REBOOT
16. After Reboot Go to BT App and try to search for phone it should be found (make sure it is visible like in step 10)
17. If all is OK you should see the phone and you should be able to use it normally (it worked for me)

Attached pictures of some steps for METHOD 2.

NOTE: I'm ATM at HA 6.0.1 Firmware from 20180201 and issue happened after upgrade. Also from what I see Users have same issue with and after Oreo update. Hope I helped

Attachments

• Screenshot_20180222-132625.png
    Screenshot_20180222-132625.png
    30.4 KB · Views: 4,572
  • Screenshot_20180222-132706.png
    Screenshot_20180222-132706.png
    29 KB · Views: 4,483
  • Screenshot_20180222-132816.png
    Screenshot_20180222-132816.png
    87.4 KB · Views: 4,394
  • Screenshot_20180222-132826.png
    Screenshot_20180222-132826.png
    87.4 KB · Views: 4,196
  • Screenshot_20180222-132936.png
    Screenshot_20180222-132936.png
    33.3 KB · Views: 4,277
Last edited:

jdisco1

Mar 17, 2012
OnePlus 8 Pro
You can trigger a reboot with "hctreboot" in factory settings. Does that work instead of doing steps 12-15?

I definitely have the BT issue. I have an Xtrons(GS) MTCD/E PX5 Oreo and an Xtrons brand OBDII. They won't talk or disconnect. I'll try this tomorrow morn and report back.

Phycopat

Jan 12, 2008
You can trigger a reboot with "hctreboot" in factory settings. Does that work instead of doing steps 12-15?

I definitely have the BT issue. I have an Xtrons(GS) MTCD/E PX5 Oreo and an Xtrons brand OBDII. They won't talk or disconnect. I'll try this tomorrow morn and report back.

I have same GS MTCE 2.75 PX5 OREO but an old OBD2, give HU same password as OBD2 adapter..

Reactions: Jonika21

PekeMM

Dec 17, 2017
Point of 12-15 is that HU re init Module itself along with software. Not sure if it works that way on MTCD/E but usually it works on modular systems.

PekeMM

Dec 17, 2017
I'm sorry, but as I wrote I have SD-968 BT module not MD725. I'll update main thread with so far know to work devices.

JonatanP

Sep 8, 2013
seems to be the same :(

The solution is to go back to android 6, the problem is that it is not as fluid in my case as android 8.

soyoscar

Jul 26, 2018
Hi, same problem here....

I can not use my ODB2 connector on my Android 8 radio either.

Is there an adapter that works?

Is there a trick to make it work?

Greetings and thank you!!

imran0487

Feb 3, 2015
What???(I thought that this was a trick for oreo)

In my unit BT(MD725) works without any tricks for MM.
I tried your trick with 2 kinds of oreoROM(HA and GS) but BT did not work.

Thanks anyway:)

if you still have android 8 installed, try going to factory setting and change the BT Device even it is wrong one (anything other then MD725) tap apply and exit and reboot.
after reboot change the BT device back to the original one (MD725) tap apply and exit and reboot.
after reboot go to the system BT and try to search if the phone name appears let me know.

i still didn't try the above method on android 8, but if anyone with MD725 module is still using android 8 please try and update us.

thanks

bjt2

Jan 30, 2017

pixel1

Jan 23, 2017
Dasaita MMCNP - BT connection problem

Hi, I have Dasaita HA2106-V840-8 a problem with Bluetooth connectivity. First time I managed to connect my phone to Dasaita MMCP (car_kit), but after a few days the devices failed to connect. I guess my device has embedded SD968 BT chip, in accordance with the description.
When I enter the name of the device and new PIN in BT settings, and then turn on finding the device, they are not visible to each other. I tried this other day too, but when I turned MMCP, entered settings was gone (not memorized). No name, no PIN, but also there is no connection. Search doesn't have results. At the end I tried to unpair devices and pair them again, but I get a message on my phone "Unable to communicate with CAR_KIT".
When I entered in settings for BT (settings/car/factory setting/application-choose...) it was set to WQ_BC6. And then I tried to set up SD_BC6, reboot, search BT, nothing was found again. Then I returned to WQ_BC6, reboot, search BT, without success. In the end, I tried to set up SD968, but it's not worth it anyway, MMCP does not see a mobile phone. I also tried several phone models without success. I also went to the BT application and clear data and cache, but always the same thing - BT devices do not see each other. I'm not even sure BT is ON because it doesn't have a special slider to move On/Off.

What should I do? Please help me!

BT_settings.jpg

1_Dasaita_HA2106-_V840-8_Build_MCU.jpg

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Recently some users including me are having issues with BT Connection, device search, setting device name and making changes persistent.

BT MODULES THAT IT WAS TEST ON:
    SD-968 - [HA] [MCU MTCE 2.75] Firmware 20180201 and few earlier = WORKS
    MD725 - [??] [MCU ???] Oreo Firmware = DO NOT WORK (According to feedback) LogCat needed to see if Firmware communicate with BT Module at all.

METHOD 1 (SHORTER):
    1. Force Stop BT app
    2. Clear DATA and CACHE for BT app

METHOD 2 (LONGER):
    Here are the steps I've done to make it work.
    1. Boot device (restart if it was not in deep sleep)
    2. Directly go to system BT settings (drop notification and tap on BT)
    3. Set Device name and PIN
    4. Press refresh
    5. Go to Home Screen (Home Button)
    6. Open BT App -> Configuration
    7. Name and PIN should be entered now
    8. Disable/enable Auto Connect and exit app
    9. reenter app and configuration to enable Auto connect
    10. Make sure that all previous BT profiles for HU are deleted on phone and that phone is visible for all devices (usually when BT configuration is open device is visible)
    11. Try to search for devices. It should fail (it failed for me)
    12. Go to factory settings
    13. Change BT Device even it is wrong one (I have SD-968 I changed to MD725)
    14. Tap Apply -> Exit -> CANCEL on reboot prompt (without doing step 13 there will be no scheduled restart)
    15. Reenter Factory settings and set correct BT Module (I have SET SD-968) Tap Apply -> Exit -> and Confirm REBOOT
    16. After Reboot Go to BT App and try to search for phone it should be found (make sure it is visible like in step 10)
    17. If all is OK you should see the phone and you should be able to use it normally (it worked for me)

Attached pictures of some steps for METHOD 2.

NOTE: I'm ATM at HA 6.0.1 Firmware from 20180201 and issue happened after upgrade. Also from what I see Users have same issue with and after Oreo update. Hope I helped

I have same GS MTCE 2.75 PX5 OREO but an old OBD2, give HU same password as OBD2 adapter..
    I managed to run BT by accident.

Settings -> CAR -> Factory settings -> 3368

I change BT: MD 725 -> SD-BC6

It works great.