Many users are buying their headunits and the information between MTCD and Joying (non MTCD) is mixed.
Information about the processor is presented by [email protected] on the following thread:
Other thread for Intel Sofia Units (Joying and MTCD) is:
This Unit is an upgrade of the MTCD based on RK3188 Chipset.
It has been released on late 2016 and it seems to be the MTCD standard (lollipop 5.1.1) prior to manufacturers upgrade to the new PX5 platform
The unit consists on two parts:
- MCU board, which controls physical buttons and A/V inputs/outputs to/from the headunit. This board interacts with Android OS.
- ANDROID part. The main Operating System.
Both MCU and Android ROM interact together to achieve the functionality of the unit
Joying Intel Sofia Units are not supported in this thread as they have different MCU type, and, therefore, the Android part will be customized as well to interact with that MCU
When an update is released two files are provided:
- The Android ROM (update.zip file)is based on Lollipop 5.1.1 and it is common for all the MCTD Sofia Units
- the MCU (dmcu.img) is specific for each manufacturer and it should never be updated with other manufacturer mcu update file (unpredicted response from physical buttons - or CAN bus responses, or bricking the unit)
The Manufacturer is identified by the XXX when consutling the device information [MTCD_XXX_Version]:
e.g: MTCD_HA_1.93_1 (MTCD Unit with MCU for HOtAudio under 1.93_1 version)
Known manufacturers for MTCD Intel Sofia are:
HotAudio --> HA
???????? --> HXD
Erisin/Pumpkin --> LM
Xtrons --> GS
(this list will be updated according to users report new manufacturers)
MTCD Unit Types
All units are close the same. Only physical buttons or added functionalities by external CAN bus decoder (provided by the manufacturer) can differenciate them. Two main different types are identified:
- MTCD Sofia Intel units with WIFI Only (not 3G built in - SIM slot) - called sofia3grw
- MTCD Sofia Intel units with 3G built in - SIM slot and 3G Antenna - called sofia3gr
Roms for WIFI version can´t be installed onto Headunits with Built in 3G and viceverse. Initially the updating script detects which version of headunit is installed and aborts the installation. A script modification can be done to force the update, but it has been reported that RIL and BASEBAND is missing (3G capability is lost) if WIFI version ROM is forced to update over 3G built in headunit (rest of the funcionality is not affected)
Android ROM Updates.
The following links provide the update for the Android part of the system. The file shall be renamed to update.zip. NOrmally the links below contains both Android ROM and MCU updates. Be careful to not use the dmcu.img file if you are not sure that it fits to your headunit's manufacturer.
September 22th 2016:
- WIFI --> https://drive.google.com/file/d/0Bz8...ViMG1BbFU/view
- 3G --> N/A
- WIFI -->http://mail.qq.com/cgi-bin/ftnExs_do...&code=9549cc86
- 3G --> http://mail.qq.com/cgi-bin/ftnExs_do...&code=74f8f43c
- WIFI --> https://mail.qq.com/cgi-bin/ftnExs_d...&code=f3c35c64 or https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B5...FFuVTdXSThNSzA
- 3G --> https://www.dropbox.com/s/fw2ghw8m4f...61220.zip?dl=0 (Source: Pumpking. Thanks @sorinblu)
- WIFI --> N/A
- 3G --> https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B6c...?usp=drive_web [Source: HotAudio. Thanks Mr.Yuan (@hotaudio)]
- WIFI --> N/A
- 3G --> https://mega.nz/#!RdkTADJa!_7dmoYNMM..._Gf2HR-kI_2ZxU [Source: Pumpkin. Thanks (@manderson77)]
- WIFI --> N/A
- 3G --> https://mega.nz/#!BRsC1TrL!I9DMTHJzf...SrgAHfntdHi_uo [Source: Pumpkin. Thanks (@manderson77)]
- WIFI --> N/A
- 3G --> https://www.sendspace.com/pro/dl/3wj088 [Source: Dasaita. Thanks (@hotaudio)]
The following links provide the update for the MCU board. The file shall be renamed to dmcu.img
HA --> Date: ?????? Version: 1.97: https://mega.nz/#!Q8YQjYTY!qZxma-VF3...YRzeHcF9sNdm8g
HA --> Date Feb 27, 2017 Version 2.30: https://mega.nz/#!xxhjySaB!qoAYJBPv4...XEo6CtcLdoQxp0
HXD --> Date: ????? Version: 2.05: https://drive.google.com/open?id=0Bz...1ZoTW53VVo4OWM
HXD --> Date: ????? Version: 2.15: https://yadi.sk/d/zbHCpME33HgJsQ
LM --> Date: Dec, 17, 2016 Version: 2.04: https://www.dropbox.com/s/naqrfnjzf2...1dmcu.img?dl=0
LM --> Date: Feb, 28, 2017 Version: 2.30_2: https://mega.nz/#!Fc1DHDgJ!SzSj01-uw...qDd1QFL3Qq5o6g
LM --> Date: March 2017, Version: 2.41_1: https://mega.nz/#!dQdkiDQR!PeaZO5QSr...5WHZK3C-lr52Eo
Date: ? Version: 1.87_2:
Date: ? Version: 1.93_1:
Date: Dec 23, 2016. Version: 2.04: https://mega.nz/#!st4xFarS!kKV_-CqvW...Qx6C_hPi2szDjM
HCT --> Date: ? Version: ?
Date: Jan 23, 2017. Version: 2.05: https://mega.nz/#!YxpiVIJQ!hQDMiUEOs...apcQTaVzt5s3Kg