FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

PX5 MTCD/E & Gyro/Magnetometer install question

15 posts
Thanks Meter: 1

By ChrisFromSH, Junior Member on 15th May 2019, 06:29 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
I have the octa-core PX5 MTCD/E under the brand Eonon P/N GA9150B running the stock ROM and I'm trying to add a Gyro/Magnetometer (for a compass, navigation, roll/pitch/yaw, etc) and having a hell of a time.

I purchased a Bluetooth WitMotion BWT901CL and did the initial setup on my Galaxy S7 (Android 7) using their apk with no issues. When I connect the device over Bluetooth to the PX5, it shows up as an OBD scanner. I attempted to install the apk on the PX5 but it crashes upon startup.

I then decided to attempt using a USB connection and purchased a USB to TTL cable and ended up with nearly the same results. When I plug the WitMotion in, I get a "Which app do you want to use this device" message, either iBus (BMW app) or Torque. Neither which are going to help me.

Regardless of USB or Bluetooth, when I open a compass app, it tells me there is no Magnetometer in my device and closes. Same for Google Maps, Waze, etc.

Has anyone successfully installed something like this? I found this tread, but with no solutions
The Following User Says Thank You to ChrisFromSH For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift ChrisFromSH Ad-Free

24th May 2019, 09:21 PM |#2  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 1

More
Nobody?
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)