PX5 MTCD/E Head Unit Discussion Thread [Rockchip PX5 A53 | Android 8.0 | 2/4GB RAM]

Search This thread

suspenders715

Dec 4, 2010

Attachments

• IMG_20180619_173615.jpg
    IMG_20180619_173615.jpg
    255.7 KB · Views: 545

suspenders715

Dec 4, 2010
I have already contacted them but waiting for reply. The wiring is plug and play so I doubt there any issues but I going to get the unit exposed to test over the weekend.

If you don't mind since we are of same ride. Can you see the setting for canbus under factory settings. Is it honda_crider?

Cheers
This picture should show you all the info about my canbus to see what is off on yours. I'm not sure if you have the same driver side as me, it looked like you had driver on right I am in US so some settings may vary slightly.

Attachments

• IMG_20180619_173623.jpg
    IMG_20180619_173623.jpg
    252.5 KB · Views: 331

lucascarxda

Jun 7, 2018
No this Is not normal! This happened to me as well and after a day my battery voltage was too low to turn on the engine.

I went back to the guy that installed the head unit and he fixed it. Needless to say that I damaged the battery that was already old and I also had to replace it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

alek_05

Jun 12, 2006
Hello all,

I tried to read as much as I could, but I still didn't understand a point: what is the main difference between MTCD/E devices and the "others" (like Joying)? In terms of benefits/deficit, etc.

I have a Passat Variant B7 2014 and I'd like to buy my first Android unit. I like Dasaita (I understand searching around that is maybe the best choice: for support, updates, quality in general), but they only have a model (9", that is good!) with 4 physical buttons (HA2137-V840) and I'm not really sure it would look good in the car. I like the physical buttons in the car environment, because I think avoid distractions, are easier/faster to switch between the main feature d the unit, and keep the car's style. So I'm looking around, since a while now, and I'm really confused :/

I saw the Joying JY-VO130P4 (and I read in this thread that is not MTCD/E), but I don't like only 2 USB ports and not detachable, TDA7388 (also here I'm not sure if I'd notice the difference with the TDA7850/1) and the seller on AliExpress told me that the physical buttons are not re-assignable (is it the same for all the brands?).

I'm looking for other brands, with similar specs, Xtrons (PB88UNVP), Erisin (ES8805V), Eonon (Ga9153A), etc., but what is the main difference between all of these? I believe the support/updates, am I right? There's more to look for? What are your advice?

Sorry for the long post, but I'm seriously confused

Last edited:

Crypto2k

Nov 5, 2010
Hello!
Use the following instruction to receive permanent root on Android 8 using adb without flashing device:

1. On Head Unit, install terminal emulator on device and run two following commands and reboot device. This will open ADB witj root permissions on the port 5555
    Code:
    setprop persist.adb.tcp.port 5555
    setprop sys.rkadb.root 1
  2. On your PC, download latest "SuperSu" zip archive from official site, extract su binary from arm64 directory inside the archive
  3. On your PC, create new file called "rooting.rc" with following content:
    Code:
    service rooting /system/bin/su --daemon
        class main
        priority 10
        user root
        oneshot
        seclabel u:object_r:system_file:s0
  4. From your PC run:
    Code:
    # adb connect "device_ip"
    # adb root
    # adb remount
    # adb shell setenforce 0
    # adb push su /system/xbin/su
    # adb push su /system/bin/su
    # adb shell chmod 06755 /system/bin/su
    # adb shell chmod 06755 /system/xbin/su
    # adb shell /system/bin/su --install
    # adb shell /system/bin/su --daemon&
    # adb push rooting.rc /system/etc/init/rooting.rc
  5. On Head Unit, install SuperSu from PlayMarket and ask "NO" when application ask to update the module
  6. Reboot and enjoy!

First off, thank you for the rooting method for the PX5! I'm surprised to see so little traffic on this topic. I ran through the process noted without too much trouble and was able to get SuperSU installed and ES File Explorer working in Root Explorer mode. My main goal is to get Viper4Android installed however it sticks in a root approval loop when I try to install sound drivers. Some manual instructions for V4A suggested I needed busy box as well, however, when installing it gets stuck in the same loop saying Granting Permission for Interactive, then sits and says the same again and again. Seems there may still be some restrictions going on. SU also kept wanting to update the binary, so in final effort I did and after reboot I was stuck at the boot logo screen. Reboots and clearing d-cache didn't help, so I ended up just reapplying the same system update from the boot loader and that brought it back but without root.

That's where it's at the moment. Thought I'd post here to see if anybody had ideas before I go at it again.

As an aside if anyone has an idea of how to get V4A on the PX5 without the side root hassles, I could probably skip the rest.

Thanks everyone, great community!

DjCosmin

Jun 9, 2018
unit

Hello . I recently missed two android radio and on both names the AV function works out ..... you can help me ....... the next question is: on the motherboard is the hdmi port but does not have the connector you think it would be possible I add a connector and restore the connections ???

---------- Post added at 11:03 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:56 PM ----------

ccZHaT

antheo

Nov 19, 2005
I've bought a China HU but I don't know what kind of it's MCU version, can anyone help me that this HU could be rooted as this thread method?

Attachments

• DSC_0064.jpg
    DSC_0064.jpg
    81.2 KB · Views: 288
  • DSC_0063.jpg
    DSC_0063.jpg
    86.2 KB · Views: 292

alek_05

Jun 12, 2006
Can anyone help me with this?

What is the main difference between MTCD/E devices and the "others" (like Joying)?
There's much difference between TDA7388 and the TDA7850/1?
The physical buttons can be remapped?

I'm almost buying the Joying JY-VO130P4, but I'm not sure.
I'm looking for other brands, with similar specs, Xtrons (PB88UNVP), Erisin (ES8805V), Eonon (Ga9153A), etc., but what is the main difference between all of these brands? I believe the support/updates, am I right? There's more to look for? What are your advice?

I'll be glad for your answers. Thank you.

ikerg

Can anyone help me with this?

What is the main difference between MTCD/E devices and the "others" (like Joying)?
There's much difference between TDA7388 and the TDA7850/1?
The physical buttons can be remapped?

I'm almost buying the Joying JY-VO130P4, but I'm not sure.
I'm looking for other brands, with similar specs, Xtrons (PB88UNVP), Erisin (ES8805V), Eonon (Ga9153A), etc., but what is the main difference between all of these brands? I believe the support/updates, am I right? There's more to look for? What are your advice?

I'll be glad for your answers. Thank you.
I dont think.much difference between both chips...
Joying is a complete different hardware than mtcd units, even having same coreboard, the motherboard and mcu are different...and hence they are not compatible to mtcd rom (like malaysk)
Eonon, Erisin...not very reliable support (as per users comments).
Xtrons good support
Dasaita good support as well

Dasaita 8 "Android 8,0 Car GPS Radio para Seat Leon Alhambra Altea Toledo con Octa Core 4 GB 32 GB Auto estéreo Multimedia
http://s.aliexpress.com/Qnqiueyu?fromSns=Copiar en el portapapeles

Enviado desde mi SM-G950F mediante Tapatalk

Reactions: gatipler32

alek_05

Jun 12, 2006
Joying is a complete different hardware than mtcd units, even having same coreboard, the motherboard and mcu are different...and hence they are not compatible to mtcd rom (like malaysk)

thank you ikerg. i like dasaita, but they don't have a unit with physical buttons (like joying, xtrons etc.) :/

i'm not planning to change rom, so, excluding this, there are differences? will you suggest to buy this joying unit (or joying in general)?
do you know if the physical buttons can be remapped (in these units with physical buttons in general)?

ikerg

thank you ikerg. i like dasaita, but they don't have a unit with physical buttons (like joying, xtrons etc.) :/

i'm not planning to change rom, so, excluding this, there are differences? will you suggest to buy this joying unit (or joying in general)?
do you know if the physical buttons can be remapped (in these units with physical buttons in general)?
I watched a video in which physical buttons were remapped in joying units...so yes.
I encourage you to ask opinions for joying users.

Jun 15, 2018

Alek, I'm not sure specifically what vehicle you're looking for but from you Joying P/N it looks like Dasaita's got several VW units with physical buttons... http://s.click.aliexpress.com/e/b5P2CFkk

alek_05

Jun 12, 2006
Alek, I'm not sure specifically what vehicle you're looking for but from you Joying P/N it looks like Dasaita's got several VW units with physical buttons... http://s.click.aliexpress.com/e/b5P2CFkk

hello WranglerRestyle, I saw the models and they actually have a nice 9" model but with only 4 buttons on the bottom, and a 7" model "VW style", but I don't like it too much and is maybe too small the screen. I have a Passat Variant B7 (2014). The 9" was my first option, but then the seller told me the buttons can't be remapped (I was thinking to give a short and a long press function to the back and pwr buttons, to increase the functions), and actually is not much like the car style.

the buttons are not useless from my point of view, on the contrary I find it very safe (while driving. a touch screen can't give you the "feel feedback", so you need to watch the screen), easy to switch between functions (phone, radio, navi, etc.) and more reliable. Moreover, is very like the car style.

Thank you for your opinion guys. Anyway, I'm still very confused. I'll maybe wait a bit more before to decide what to do.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Permanent root on android 8 via ADB without flashing

Hello!
    Use the following instruction to receive permanent root on Android 8 using adb without flashing device:

1. On Head Unit, install terminal emulator on device and run two following commands and reboot device. This will open ADB witj root permissions on the port 5555
      Code:
      setprop persist.adb.tcp.port 5555
      setprop sys.rkadb.root 1
    2. On your PC, download latest "SuperSu" zip archive from official site, extract su binary from arm64 directory inside the archive
    3. On your PC, create new file called "rooting.rc" with following content:
      Code:
      service rooting /system/bin/su --daemon
          class main
          priority 10
          user root
          oneshot
          seclabel u:object_r:system_file:s0
    4. From your PC run:
      Code:
      # adb root
      # adb remount
      # adb shell setenforce 0
      # adb push su /system/xbin/su
      # adb push su /system/bin/su
      # adb shell chmod 06755 /system/bin/su
      # adb shell chmod 06755 /system/xbin/su
      # adb shell /system/bin/su --install
      # adb shell /system/bin/su --daemon&
      # adb push rooting.rc /system/etc/init/rooting.rc
    5. On Head Unit, install SuperSu from PlayMarket and ask "NO" when application ask to update the module
    6. Reboot and enjoy!
    This thread is intended on collect the information about Android 8 (Oreo) over the Android units that features:
    PX5 Platform Core Board
    MTCD/MTCE MCU Type

The information below is a copy of the same thread for Android 6 by @aarick

Post 2: Firmware
    Post 3: Tips, Tricks and Fixes - Rooting instruction here
    Post 4: Bugs/Issues
    Post 5: Useful apps
    Post 6: Useful links

For those not familiar with the PX5 Head unit, the specs are below:
    CPU: Rockchip PX5 A53 Octa-Core
    RAM: 2GB or 4GB DDR3
    ROM: 32GB
    Audio output: 4*45W
    Features:
    Built-in Radio Tuner (RDS Enabled) (18 FM and 12 AM stations Preset)
    Built-in USB & SD Slot
    Region Free DVD Player
    Screen Mirroring
    Steering wheel controls (SWC) and Canbus interface
    Optional compatible accessories:
    DAB+ USB Tuner
    TPMS
    4G/3G Dongle
    OBD02 Module
    Camera
    DVR
    External Mic

The head unit comprises of two parts:
    • a MicroController Unit(MCU) board, which controls physical buttons and A/V inputs/outputs to/from the headunit. This board interacts with Android OS.
    • ANDROID part. The main Operating System.
    Both MCU and Android ROM interact together to achieve the functionality of the head unit.

MCU
    MCU type discussed here is MTCD or MTCE (if your unit has not MTCD/MTCE type MCU this thread is not for your unit)
    MTCE is a software upgrade for MTCD, so they are identical in terms of hardware

Manufacturers.
    The Manufacturer is identified by the XXX when consulting the MCU information under "device information" [MTCE_XXX_Version]. Take into accout that you should always refer the MANUFACTURER name (not the seller) on the forums for help/assistance. Giving the name for the Seller does not give any information but confusion.

e.g: MTCD_HA_1.93_1 (MTCD Unit with MCU for HotAudio under 1.93_1 version)
    e.g: MTCE_GS_2.75 (MTCE Unit with MCU for GESHI manufacturer under 2.75 version)

Known manufacturers for MTCD/E PX5 are:
    ______________ _____________
    • GS = GE_SHI (ShenZhen GESHI Electronics And Technology CO.,LTD. Brands: KA JUN DA. Website: http://www.szgeshi.com )
    • KD = KU_DUO (Shenzhen Kuduo Electronic Technology Co. Ltd.)
    • HA = (Guangzhou Huge Circle Electronic Technology Co., Ltd. Brands: HOTAUDIO/DASAITA. webSite: http://www.hot-audio.com)
    • JY = JIE_YOU (Shenzhen Jieyou Electronic. Brands: JIE YOU J)
    • LM = LEI_MA (Lei Electronics Inc)
    • MX = MAI_XIN (Shenzhen Mai Xin Da Technology Co. Ltd)
    • ZH = ZHI_HANG (Guangzhou Zhihang Electronics Technology CO., LTD. Brands: WINCA/ROADNAV/STQ) http://www.roadnav.com.cn)
    • HZC = HANG_ZHI_CHEN (Same as ZH??)
    • HXD = HE_XIN_DA
    • KGL = KAI_GE_LE (Shenzhen Kaigele Electronics Co., Ltd Brands: HUIFEI. Website: http://www.kaigele.com/enus/)
    • KLD = KE_LAI_DE
    • KSP = KA_SI_PU (Kasi Pu Technology Co., Ltd. Shenzhen)
    • XRC = XIN_RUI_CHANG (Xinrui Electronic Technology Co. Ltd)
    • HLA = (Shenzhen Hualingan Electronic Co. Ltd. Brands:HUALINGAN. Website: http://www.dvdplayer.com.cn/)

(this list will be updated according to users report new manufacturers)

Some information I found on the CPU:
    Rockchip PX5 Press Release
    Firmware Post

MCU Upgrades Repository:
    https://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=72622240&postcount=2

ANDROID 8 (Oreo) stock Update List:

ANDROID 6.0 -> ANDROID 8 UPGRADE WARNING
    Due to change in partition system and upgrade in recovery system, update can't be performed using the OTA Android 8 files over Android 6.0 as usual method (direct or Recovery) as it will result in an error (or could get a bricked device...)
    The only available methods are:

1) Upgrade by using SDCARD slot:
    Thanks to @marchnz for the Oreo ROM Dumping, to @kumarai for the recovery change procedure, to @SkyBeam2048 for the compiled solutions for Upgrading/Downgrading (and the comprehensive instructions)
    The following Procedure can be used :
    https://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=3736950
    Note1. Your unit MUST have a SDCARD slot with direct access to recovery (Not all SDCARD slots on all units can - some sdcard slots have been reported to be another usb port extension [USB3] and they will not work for upgrading)
    Note2. USB port is not able to upgrade the recovery as required.
    2) Upgrade by extracting the SOM and connecting a homemade OTG USB cable:
    Instructions for making the OTG cable:

https://xdaforums.com/android-auto/...px3-5-headunit-mod-recover-flash-som-t3766892

For upgrading via OTG cable it is recommended to use Rockchip Tools for the Android 6 to 8 upgrade from a PC (to put the unit into "loader Mode" and then flash the supplied firmware)

Custom Oreo Firmwares:
    @Malaysk has been released a prerooted Android 8 image with several improvements and modifications:
    https://xdaforums.com/android-auto/...-malaysk-roms-px5-2-4-gb-8-0-android-t3762724
    Received a new update from Xtrons GS-PE PX5 8.0 September 20th
    https://onedrive.live.com/?authkey=...1F95B9BEAD2D83A!2388&parId=root&action=locate
    Someone might want to mirror it before it gets pulled.

GS-PE系列_PX5_8.0_优化亿联BUG 问题,MCU 优化电池电量显示(20180920)
    (GS-PE series _PX5_8.0_ optimizes the BUG problem of the billion, MCU optimizes the battery level display (20180920))

MCU = MTCE_GS_V2.94_3 Sept 13 2018
    Build = px5-userdebug 8.0.0 OPR5.170623.007 eng.hct.20180919.204159 test-keys Sept 19 2018
    Kernel = 4.4.93+ rocky@hctr930 #343 Sept 15 2018

Cheers
    Mat