FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

PX6 android 9,0 (no physical buttons) black screen, wont boot

1 posts
Thanks Meter: 0

By Minde325, Junior Member on 23rd May 2019, 01:23 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
Hi, i have bought this player: Rockship PX6 ( rk3399)
2 Core cortex A72 2ghz
4 Core Cortex A53 1.5ghz

At first, it worked just fine. After only few hours of use, when I turn ignition off, android goes to sleep. When I turn ACC back on, touch would not respond. I had to press RST button, to get touch working again.
After five or six reboots like that, android doesn't want to turn on at all. Buttons light up for a sec when I press RST button, but nothing happens, black screen. How can I fix this? The seller sent me the firmware uptade.zip, and MCU (MTCE_CZ_V3,10) img file. What can I do to fix it? So far I tried making a bootable SD card with SD firmware tool, (i tried putting mcu img to sd card and firmware img from this forum) put the SD cart into slot, and powered on the radio. But the screen still stays black, and buttons only flash once when I press RST. Thanks!

24th May 2019, 09:56 PM |#2  
Thanks Meter: 4

More
Hi!

Please see video: https://youtu.be/i9wEgid8WYY

Mee too PX5.
Only android 9.0! 8.0 no bugged.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Minde325

2 Core cortex A72 2ghz
4 Core Cortex A53 1.5ghz

At first, it worked just fine. After only few hours of use, when I turn ignition off, android goes to sleep. When I turn ACC back on, touch would not respond. I had to press RST button, to get touch working again.
After five or six reboots like that, android doesn't want to turn on at all. Buttons light up for a sec when I press RST button, but nothing happens, black screen. How can I fix this? The seller sent me the firmware uptade.zip, and MCU (MTCE_CZ_V3,10) img file. What can I do to fix it? So far I tried making a bootable SD card with SD firmware tool, (i tried putting mcu img to sd card and firmware img from this forum) put the SD cart into slot, and powered on the radio. But the screen still stays black, and buttons only flash once when I press RST. Thanks!

31st May 2019, 07:10 PM |#3  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doky1988

Hi!

Mee too PX5.
Only android 9.0! 8.0 no bugged.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Minde325

2 Core cortex A72 2ghz
4 Core Cortex A53 1.5ghz

Same here.... Did you guys solve the problem?
31st May 2019, 08:23 PM |#4  
Thanks Meter: 32

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doky1988

Hi!

Video not available...
31st May 2019, 10:22 PM |#5  

More
count me in with this same issue on the PX6. My system was working okay, although i was getting a static sound from my speakers. Seller provided update file "HA2_rk3399_9.0_ota(20150529)" which i updated and now my system is in a blank screen and boot loop when i try to reset.

The reset video i found has a pin RST button, but on the opposite side of the head unit. I'm hoping there is a software fix for this.. cuz i just got this unit less than a week ago i think.
1st June 2019, 07:58 AM |#6  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by dishguy05

count me in with this same issue on the PX6. My system was working okay, although i was getting a static sound from my speakers. Seller provided update file "HA2_rk3399_9.0_ota(20150529)" which i updated and now my system is in a blank screen and boot loop when i try to reset.

The reset video i found has a pin RST button, but on the opposite side of the head unit. I'm hoping there is a software fix for this.. cuz i just got this unit less than a week ago i think.

okay i'm not sure if it was a dim display or the sun reflecting on the screen, but seems like things were happening on the screen but not clear enough for me to see during the day. At night, i was able to reset it and update the system. now my system is back online but during reset it uninstalled most of the preloaded apps...
1st June 2019, 01:50 PM |#7  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by dishguy05

Hey, this also happened to me after the 20150529, which I guess was broken. How did you manage to access the recovery, if you did?

Thanks a lot
1st June 2019, 04:50 PM |#8  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by danieleds

Hey, this also happened to me after the 20150529, which I guess was broken. How did you manage to access the recovery, if you did?

Thanks a lot

I wasn't able to get to recovery but it did erase everything and booted up. As I mentioned I tried it on the evening when I could see the display better. You can see YouTube video ID: b7kEy4XzQX0 for the method I used
2nd June 2019, 03:08 PM |#9  
Thanks Meter: 570

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by danieleds

Thanks a lot

Try to press reset pin hole until you see blinking the lights (15-20sec) release and press again for 3-5sec until you see the android pie logo

Enviado desde mi SM-G950F mediante Tapatalk
3rd June 2019, 09:16 AM |#10  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ikerg

Try to press reset pin hole until you see blinking the lights (15-20sec) release and press again for 3-5sec until you see the android pie logo

Enviado desde mi SM-G950F mediante Tapatalk

When I do that, this screen pops up and nothing moves
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	dasaita.jpg
Views:	110
Size:	254.6 KB
ID:	4770532  
15th June 2019, 09:29 AM |#11  
Thanks Meter: 7

More
Quote: