Radio app

Search This thread

meresgr

Nov 1, 2015
I have a problem that persists with multiple ROMS (tried the stock, and Malysk ROMS) - Android 9. Also tried different MCUs
Very often, after my unit boots up, the Radio app is not working, all station memory "boxes" are showing blank and I have to kill the Radio app and restart it.
It is very frustating and I have not found a solution yet, do you have any suggestions?

themissionimpossible

May 12, 2008
Disable the stock radio app in factory settings and install another radio app.
If yours is an MTCD/MTCE head unit then try Navradio+, much better.

meresgr

Nov 1, 2015
Thanx, will try that.
I have also noticed, that every time I switch the unit on, a different instance of the Radio App is running. I think that the same happens with music app.

themissionimpossible

May 12, 2008
I have also noticed, that every time I switch the unit on, a different instance of the Radio App is running. I think that the same happens with music app.
This is likely a problem of how the ROM apps or settings are configured: different apps for the same function might be pre-installed, you need to disable or uninstall those that you don't need.

meresgr

Nov 1, 2015
Disable the stock radio app in factory settings and install another radio app.
If yours is an MTCD/MTCE head unit then try Navradio+, much better.
So, I tried Navradio+, but does not seem to work if I the stock radio app process is killed. Also, I cannot find a way to disable stock radio app in factory settings, there is no such setting there.

This is likely a problem of how the ROM apps or settings are configured: different apps for the same function might be pre-installed, you need to disable or uninstall those that you don't need.
I have tried different ROMs including the stock one of course, the one I currently use is (the well known here) Malysk ROM, this seems a critical bug, but there no similar reports from other users of this ROM.
Could this be an MCU issue? I have also tried different versions of my MCU (MTCE_CZ_V3.41, MTCE-CZ-3.06)

themissionimpossible

May 12, 2008
Also, I cannot find a way to disable stock radio app in factory settings, there is no such setting there.
Settings -> AUTO -> Factory settings + password (ex. 126) -> APP -> Radio -> NO -> APPLY

Attachments

• IMG_20200307_172315.jpg
    IMG_20200307_172315.jpg
    104.3 KB · Views: 273

meresgr

Nov 1, 2015
Found it, thanx. So, Navradio+ seems a workaround for the issue, but still has some disadvantages.
For example, after restarting the unit, I have to run the Navradio+ again in order to have my radio play (although I see Navradio+ running on the background after reboot).
Also, the current radio station displayed in my Home screen, is not the one I am currently listening to. I guess Home screen is somehow binded the stock radio app.

I also wiped everything and flashed Hal9k_ ROM. Again, the same behaviour as you can see attached

themissionimpossible

May 12, 2008
Uninstall or disable all the radio apps in the ROM that you're not going to use.

The problem of no sound playing from the NavRadio+ app upon restart is difficult to sort out.
Interactions with the launcher (which?) and the ROM's app startup settings might occur too.

Anyway if you're using the free NavRadio+ version some problems could be already solved in the paid version, search in its specific thread.

I'm using the stock ROM with Agama launcher and paid NavRadio+ and everything works well, except for NavRadio+ not always automatically resuming playing after startup

Last edited:

MarcinHer

Jan 9, 2013
I have stock android 10 rom on px5 rk-3368 (mtce-Mx-3.56) with agama launcher and disabled stock radio in extra settings and wanted to use navradio+ (free version so far). All is ok except one thing, we I say "ok google" then stock radio is muting for a while, but using navradio+ is not muting so can't be sure I can say command.
What can be reason for that behavior?

Last edited:

coromonadalix

Mar 25, 2010
check navradio upodates, you can make it auto start and other things, now at v2.04

you have the free version and the paid one .. and you can save in a file the station lists ...

one thing i had while having done ota upgrades etc ... always do a factory reset, it may help replace some components etc ...