Xtron PX5 TE706PL lock screen and wifi issue

Search This thread

300cnewbie

Jun 14, 2018
Hi, new on here, looking for help for the following (searching found no solution):

Xtron TE706PL
PX5
Android Oreo 8.0
(let me know if you need more info)

1) A lock screen for the Xtron stock firmware (tried Nova launcher to no avail)

2) WiFi is intermittent (bluetooth is ok), it will work until the car is switched off and then when i switch it back on it stops randomly and won't find any wifi signals (tons in the area). I thought it may be some sort of 'sleep' setting, but it's set to always on under wifi settings. Usually a full reboot of the system activates it again, so possibly a software issue?

skezza

Sep 29, 2007
I've not seen the WiFi issue you speak of, but it's probably a configuration issue. Have you tried with your phone hotspot rather than random wifi hotspots dotted around?

No idea about a lock screen. Mine doesn't even offer that functionality. Quite frankly, I don't see why anyone would want one lol :D

300cnewbie

Jun 14, 2018
I've not seen the WiFi issue you speak of, but it's probably a configuration issue. Have you tried with your phone hotspot rather than random wifi hotspots dotted around?

No idea about a lock screen. Mine doesn't even offer that functionality. Quite frankly, I don't see why anyone would want one lol :D

There's tons of wifi's in the area, my mobile hotspot, my house + 7 other wifi signals. When it's working it picks all of them up, this is without moving. When it's working i can be on the move with my hotspot and it's ok, as soon as i turn the car off and go to start it again the wifi stops working. Xtron are sending a new aerial, but i do believe it's a software issue.

The lock screen would be ideal to secure the unit if it's stolen or whilst the car is being valeted. Even if an external finger print scanner can be programmed, it would be preferable. There must be something out there, would consider a custom firmware if need be.

skezza

Sep 29, 2007
There's tons of wifi's in the area, my mobile hotspot, my house + 7 other wifi signals. When it's working it picks all of them up, this is without moving. When it's working i can be on the move with my hotspot and it's ok, as soon as i turn the car off and go to start it again the wifi stops working. Xtron are sending a new aerial, but i do believe it's a software issue.

The lock screen would be ideal to secure the unit if it's stolen or whilst the car is being valeted. Even if an external finger print scanner can be programmed, it would be preferable. There must be something out there, would consider a custom firmware if need be.
It's definitely a software issue. No amount of aerials are going to fix that issue. I would update to the latest MCU and update.zip. Do you know how?

Wow, do you like live in the Bronx lol? :D You're aware if someone wants to steal the unit, they could easily factory reset it then your lock screen will do nothing. Not a clue on the external fingerprint scanner. No idea where you take your car to get it valeted either, but most of the time, you sit in the foyer watching while they do it. That is why they have a big glass window at garages/valet places etc.

300cnewbie

Jun 14, 2018
It's definitely a software issue. No amount of aerials are going to fix that issue. I would update to the latest MCU and update.zip. Do you know how?

Wow, do you like live in the Bronx lol? :D You're aware if someone wants to steal the unit, they could easily factory reset it then your lock screen will do nothing. Not a clue on the external fingerprint scanner. No idea where you take your car to get it valeted either, but most of the time, you sit in the foyer watching while they do it. That is why they have a big glass window at garages/valet places etc.

I believe the MCU is the latest version for GS installed MTCE_GS_V2.78_3

However, the android 8.0 version is 15th Jan 2018, which is old.

Reading on the forum, there's a post with android updates on the stock Rom up until March, however no new firmwares posted on there after then. But i know that there is June versions out there, do you know where they will be posted?
https://xdaforums.com/android-auto/...5-mtcd-e-head-unit-discussion-thread-t3734189

Also regarding the lock screen, User Malaysk shows in his custom Rom that lock screen is activated, so it is possible. However, I'd prefer to try a stock Rom first to see if it fixes the WiFi issue, if it doesn't then i can return the unit to the seller. https://xdaforums.com/android-auto/...-malaysk-roms-px5-2-4-gb-8-0-android-t3762724

Last edited:

300cnewbie

Jun 14, 2018

giannnnn

Nov 22, 2010
I have the same problem of wifi with PB78ATTRP. I've just updated the MCU to v2.84 but nothing changed. Any solution?