XTRONS TE706PL Android 8.0 4GB RAM maybe good?

Search This thread

mat317

Jun 21, 2006
Dam didn't work... The pattern seems to be the unit resets when waking if it's in the morning/cold? Starting during the day wakes just fine, maybe bad wiring

D-Zs

Feb 19, 2019
Change ringtone

Does anyone know how to change ringtone and the volume of the ringtone?

tmacdon

Mar 13, 2014
Livonia
www.thoms-place.com
I'm currently using Android 9 with a Xtron HU px5, and I would like to know if anyone knows how to fix the bug's that I currently have (also had the on 8.0)
*Accesebility settings getting disabled for apps on every start (after HY resumes from sleeping)
*GSP lock too slow (more than 1 min)

How were you able to install Android 9? I have a Xtrons TE706PL and attempted to install the MALAYSK Rom and it failed - Now I have nada! I can force the unit into recovery but have nothing that will install... What MCU does your unit have? I installed The MTCE_KGL 3.10 and now am unsure whether that is a good MCU for the unit... Do you have the actual Android 8 Xtrons firmware available? I have nothing to return to...

How were you able to install Android 9? I have a Xtrons TE706PL and attempted to install the MALAYSK Rom and it failed - Now I have nada! I can force the unit into recovery but have nothing that will install... What MCU does your unit have? I installed The MTCE_KGL 3.10 and now am unsure whether that is a good MCU for the unit... Do you have the actual Android 8 Xtrons firmware available? I have nothing to return to...
You can find the stock firmware over here:
https://yadi.sk/d/umCvHqCDzHccr
RockChip PX5 Android 8.0
RockChip PX5 Android 9.0
depends on the version you want to flash.
Xtron brand correspond to "GS" subfolder

If you can boot to recovery (I used MALAYSK usb to boot to android 9 recovery) then flashed the update.zip

Last edited:

tmacdon

Mar 13, 2014
Livonia
www.thoms-place.com
You cand find the stock firmware over here:
https://yadi.sk/d/umCvHqCDzHccr
RockChip PX5 Android 8.0
RockChip PX5 Android 9.0
depends on the version you want to flash Xtron brand correspond to "GS" subfolder

If you can boot to recovery (I used MALAYSK usb to boot to android 9 recovery) then flashed the update.zip

Thanks - I appreciate that! I'll ck it out right now! :good:

gomelkiev

Dec 11, 2006
wifi

have xtrons te706pl
after 7 months of use. wifi started to loose all stations(I have wifi router in a car to provide internet to unit) . after driving maybe 30 min to an hour, unit losing wifi, wifi screen has no stations. turn on/off sometimes helps , sometimes no, any ideas?
Xtrons sent me ROM from 2018 to do update.
thanks

AresROC

Dec 20, 2010
TE706iPL

Well, this thing is on sale late 2019 and I bought 2!

ROM & Firmware is from December 2018. Any point to upgrade ROM & MCU?

Only AM radio doesn't work I am guessing it's the PRC AM radio frequency thing... My Acura has an amplified antenna but leaving the Antenna power disconnected actually gets better FM reception.

Anything (worthwhile) I can get by upgrading Android 8 Oreo to Android 9 Pie? HU heat is a primary concern it gets HOT in the desert, so no MALYASK ROM for me! Cheers!
edit: Ok I see MX ROM have split screen and google voice dialer... anything else good???

Last edited:

djshotty

Oct 7, 2008
East Maitland, NSW, Australia
so no MALYASK ROM for me! Cheers!
edit: Ok I see MX ROM have split screen and google voice dialer... anything else good???

I've just in the last week thrown the Malaysk 3.5 ROM into my 706PL. Everything works very well, the dark themed Launcher is the best looking, but the standard Music app. isn't anywhere near as good as the one I'm using now, called 'Pulsar'. Another great feature of the ROM is the screensaver, which shows vehicle speed, weather, a very nice looking analog clock and information about whatever song is playing in the Pulsar music app.

Only thing I'd ask the developers of that ROM for would be a one-touch way to switch the screen off while a music player continues in background. I do a lot of my driving at night, and a bright screen in a cabin that I prefer to be as dark as possible just isn't my cup of tea.

Take a read through this thread...

https://xdaforums.com/android-auto/mtcd-android-head-units-general/px5-mtcd-e-head-unit-discussion-thread-t3929597

and you may just find the Pie you're looking for.

Best wishes to you.

Reactions: AresROC

AresROC

Dec 20, 2010
Updated to Android 9

I updated MCU 3.40 and to Android 9. It was so easy on this unit. Day and night mode is nice but the lowest brightness setting is still too bright, I thought 9 improved the setting to be more linear... Speed was fine and everything worked. UPDATE: GPS doesnt seem to work with the MX HCT4 ROM... Gonna try GS's ISD 9.0 version again...

Update 2:
Well, the ROM upgrade process gave me a scare, I checked clear and format flash and the screen went black with no activities after it prompted to remove SD card.

I finally had to turn ignition off, press reset and turn on ignition, hold for 10 seconds until the buttons flash, release reset, and then press reset again. Unit booted into HAL9K and I was able to load upgrade.zip.

MX/HCT4 ROM vs GS/ISD ROM, turns out I just needed to sign into my google account for GPS to work. MX rom has bright/dark mode switch which is nice, but GS's newer ROM has better layout and easier to access shortcuts on Home page for me. Both side by side window mode works. Xtron DVR works after installing included apk on the DVR itself.

Still no AM reception I think I need the harness set for antenna ground. Also will be connecting steering wheel remote to key 1 and ground key 2.

My car has built in Sub Amp and 10" Sub, hooked to rear speaker wires I believe. Sub doesn't seem to work. It is nice Android 9 has equalization for Sub, but I need to find out what the problem is... (Update 3, turns out on Acura MDX the sub amp is turned on by Antenna Amp, and there is an Antenna Amplifier)...

Cheers!

Last edited:

AresROC

Dec 20, 2010
AM / FM Fixed

Got my 2nd unit. Loading various ROMS to experiment with. I see some Android 10 builds are out and hopefully their ROM comes out soon too. Malaysk 3.5 is android 8, but many likes it I guess I may try it too.

Got AM/FM reception fixed. Original HU had metal brackets that grounds the unit well, new Metra plastic frames don't ground so I had to build my own grounding wire. Connected GND to Key2 to grounding wire AM/FM receptions all working as can be expected! Update: AM reception is still not great, but Okay since it is so little used. Remote Key1 and Key2 works really well after I fixed the steering wheel control's own grounding problem.

The capacitive touch screen doesn't seem responsive... it almost acts resisitive... Anyway to adjust sensibility? Not looking for touch re-calibration I hope.

Last edited:

AresROC

Dec 20, 2010
Turns out Key1 & Key2 had 3.3 volts in them, lol. Disconnected Key2 to ground, leaving only Key1 connected to Left steering wheel controls. Wheel Key App is still not very good at detecting button clicks. I set 5 settings for each key and it still won't catch all the voltage drops due to resistance. Anyone know a manual edit method to the Wheek Key config?

Currently on Witson 9 MX 2019.11.25... some audio apps seems to crash (Spotify/Youtube) and no audio would come out until reboot. Not good...

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    TE706PL Circuit

Well I've got the circuit diagram for the radio. Might help with some mods.
    Here is the pic of the 10.1 as promised.

Also, to get to developer options you have to install an app from Google Play.View attachment 4407029

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    Recalibrated the touchscreen and lost the ability to use the side Power/Back/Vol +- buttons. I accidentally reset the side buttons but it is not clear how to get them recalibrated. It just says press them. Tried pushing them all, long pressing etc. Hopefully someone else has done this and get it working again.

Thanks

I went through this recently so here is what helped me. In factory settings under "Key Study" tab, I clicked on "Touch Reset". After that, I went to "Touch Key Study"--clicked on top left corner, right bottom corner, and the next screen went into the key study for the touch buttons on the side. Press Power button, then set the power command. Next press Escape (Back) button, then set the "back" command, and so on. I did not need to click on "Button Panel Reset" or "Panel Key Study". Good luck.

Search for this video on YouTube and should help: Touchscreen calibration and touch button learning for PX5 octa-core Android head units
    Hello
    With a few days of use, what is your feedback experience.
    Do you test the reliability of 3G or 4G internet connection, are there any cuts like on old units built with the PX5 card?
    Is there still the bug that cuts the internet connection at each call reception due to a conflict between bluetooth and wifi?
    Is there still an abominable echo during a phone conversation with the correspondent with bluetooth?
    I read that it is possible to have two open applications with screen sharing, Waze example displayed on a half screen is it legible, street names ect ..
    Thank you for your answers and sorry for the syntax because I use Google translation
    cordially
    I was really considering the Xtrons TR100. I'm installing in a 2001 f-150 which doesn't quite have full double din opening and this model wouldn't require as much fabrication. This one however only has 2Gb ram and the T8 chipset. I don't need the DVD player. Do you have any thoughts or recommendations on the TR100?

Not allowed to link yet but they sell them on Amazon. Only 2 reviews but both fairly detailed and 5-star
    Well, unless you need the ability to rotate the screen, the TE103P has twice the RAM. The installation needs would be the same for either. IMO, the extra RAM is the best feature.

Sent from my SM-T715Y using Tapatalk