FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

Button combination to enter recovery mode on Xtrons HU

112 posts
Thanks Meter: 60

By da_anton, Senior Member on 3rd June 2016, 05:38 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
Does anybody now how to get into recovery mode on an Xtrons HU? I tried every combination I could find and I've already been in there but can't remember how I got there. Xtrons support is horrible. They just sent me a video showing a factory reset procedure when I asked for the combination.

I have that one:

http://xtrons.co.uk/pf75aa4a-7-andro...seat-exeo.html
3rd June 2016, 10:09 PM |#2  
Thanks Meter: 7

More
In my device also dont know how to enter recovery mode. So installed ROM from settings

Upload img file to my map sd card and clicked in settings check update.
3rd June 2016, 10:27 PM |#3  
OP Senior Member
Flag Munich

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by pitu120

In my device also dont know how to enter recovery mode. So installed ROM from settings

Upload img file to my map sd card and clicked in settings check update.

You installed malaysk new ROM for our MTCD units via the settings menu or another ROM?
3rd June 2016, 10:30 PM |#4  
Thanks Meter: 7

More
malaysk rom

1. downloaded his rar file
2. unrar
3. copy .img file (dupdate.img) to my sdcard for maps
4. in settings clicked check update (rom is installing from recovery after auto reboot)

btw. Have one problem (i think that its problem with I cant wipe data and cache) u can find it in malaysk thread (last my post).
The Following User Says Thank You to pitu120 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift pitu120 Ad-Free
4th June 2016, 05:08 PM |#5  
Long Island, NY
Thanks Meter: 435

More
I have an Xtrons HU as well. I'm not sure the exact buttons to press to get into recovery, but I have done it, so it's possible. Try holding down power button until it totally powers off, then keep holding it until it starts to reboot, eventually you might get in.

On my Xtrons, it doesn't like dupdate.img name, and preferes update.img... but for whatever reason, it gets an error during flashing malaysk's rom, and reboots back to stock rom. I need to look more into it... it seems like it is flashing rom, but at some point an error flashes by too fast to read. I only tried it once so far, will again when I get more time to play.
The Following User Says Thank You to Luxferro For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Luxferro Ad-Free
5th June 2016, 12:18 PM |#6  
Thanks Meter: 25

More
On my unit, I tried the combo power/reset without any success. Before I read up on this, I did however get into recovery once by accident with just the power button. So after playing around with this more, I can get into recovery consistently doing this:

1) Hold power button until unit turns off and (on my unit) light flashes.
2) Let go and then press the power button again. This somehow shuts off the unit since it would normally just reboot after releasing the button it seems.
3) Press the power button again to turn it on. It should hopefully go into recovery.

I have no idea if this works on other units, but I have not seen a description of this in any of the posts/videos I have seen.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to vnamee For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift vnamee Ad-Free
5th June 2016, 06:58 PM |#7  
Thanks Meter: 66

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by vnamee

On my unit, I tried the combo power/reset without any success. Before I read up on this, I did however get into recovery once by accident with just the power button. So after playing around with this more, I can get into recovery consistently doing this:

2) Let go and then press the power button again. This somehow shuts off the unit since it would normally just reboot after releasing the button it seems.
3) Press the power button again to turn it on. It should hopefully go into recovery.

I have no idea if this works on other units, but I have not seen a description of this in any of the posts/videos I have seen.

This worked for me. I'm on KGL unit.
26th June 2016, 01:03 AM |#8  
Thanks Meter: 378

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by vnamee

same to me. XTRONS HU, got into recovery by the same method but then, cannot flash. The unit is a GS.

Did you make any progress?
The Following User Says Thank You to pakidermo5000 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift pakidermo5000 Ad-Free
6th October 2016, 08:43 PM |#9  
Thanks Meter: 2

More
da_anton, did you ever get into recovery mode? I have the Xtrons PF75ATTA which looks the same as yours. After changing the /system directory to read write and adding 3 lines to the build.prop file. The unit only showed the car navigation lollipop screen and the android/car logo.

I have tried almost every combination of power and reset button. How did you do it in the end?

Thanks
6th October 2016, 09:37 PM |#10  
OP Senior Member
Flag Munich

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by chammock

da_anton, did you ever get into recovery mode?

Yes I managed to do it. First I would recommend you have a really silent place. You can hear some very quiet sounds at different stages. At least I could.
I managed it that way:
  1. press the power button till the unit is off. I can hear a sound like a "plop". But very quiet. That is my indicator that the unit is off now
  2. release the button. You should now hear another quiet "plop" when the unit is turning on again.
  3. wait maybe 1sec or even more to press and hold the power button again.
  4. the unit now enters recovery

It took me a while to got it working so you have to try it a couple of times.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to da_anton For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift da_anton Ad-Free
6th October 2016, 10:19 PM |#11  
Thanks Meter: 2

More
Thanks, I managed to do it, took me about 20 minutes. I have to say I couldn't hear the noises you were referring to but just knowing the process worked only on timing and the power button narrowed down the possibilities. Thanks again
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)