[Release] MtcdMirroring - an alternative to Easyconnected

Search This thread

f1x

Jul 27, 2016
Warsaw
Hello,
today I would like to introduce application called MtcdMirroring. MtcdMirroring allows you to mirror and control your Android device by the Head Unit touchscreen.

Application is available on the Google Play Store: link

Application is an alternative to the Easyconnected app, but much more lightweigh and with support of the newest Android releases (Nougat). Right now application can mirror only Android devices.

Features:
* Realtime streaming of touch events allows you to control your Android device by a Head Unit touchscreen.
* Realtime streaming of your Android device screen.
* Forwarding of the Head Unit key presses and Steering Wheel key presses to your Android device (You can install MtcdTools on your Phone and control it like the Head Unit).
* Automatic streaming of the audio over Bluetooth A2DP.

How to use it?
1. Enable USB Debugging in developer settings on your Android device.
! Owners of Xiaomi devices must enable "USB debugging (Security Settings) as well.
2. Connect your Android device to the Head Unit via USB cable.
3. Accept "Allow USB debugging" when your Android device will prompt you
4. Click Connect to the device to start mirroring your Android device.
5. Explore Application Settings to customize your instance of the application.

Last edited:

Dec64

Jul 20, 2016
Really slick and fast. Does not work properly on my Samsung s7 edge tho. If my screen is set to HD the mirrored image is a small section in top left. I have to go Quad HD, to get the screen to be mirrored and fill the screen but then the touch response is way off. I touch the screen and it presses about 2 cm's away

f1x

Jul 27, 2016
Warsaw
Really slick and fast. Does not work properly on my Samsung s7 edge tho. If my screen is set to HD the mirrored image is a small section in top left. I have to go Quad HD, to get the screen to be mirrored and fill the screen but then the touch response is way off. I touch the screen and it presses about 2 cm's away

Could you please take a picture how does it look in case of HD? I could not test the app on all devices but maybe I will be able to fix it.

Edit: I think I know where the problem is. It looks like S7 has different aspect ratio than the HU. Tommorow or at Saturday I will try to prepare a fix.

Last edited:

killercowuk

Dec 5, 2016
Android 4 support?

I'm guessing head unit must be Android 5+? Shame if so as I think most head units on market are still 4+. Anything stopping support for v4 devices?

f1x

Jul 27, 2016
Warsaw
I'm guessing head unit must be Android 5+? Shame if so as I think most head units on market are still 4+. Anything stopping support for v4 devices?
Yes, HU must be at least Android 5 (Lollipop). Lollipop introduced alot improvements for the codecs which are used in MtcdMirroring so I decided to limit it to API 21 and higher.

Dec64

Jul 20, 2016
Could you please take a picture how does it look in case of HD? I could not test the app on all devices but maybe I will be able to fix it.

Edit: I think I know where the problem is. It looks like S7 has different aspect ratio than the HU. Tommorow or at Saturday I will try to prepare a fix.

Attached pictures. Only WQHD (2560 x 1440) filled the entire screen but touch screen is way way off on all resolutions.

Thanks!

f1x

Jul 27, 2016
Warsaw
@Dec64, thank you very much for the pictures.

Also three short questions:
1. Could you please post here info about your HU (MTCD,MCU).
2. Resolution (1024x600,greater or smaller?) and screen size (7 inches, 10 inches)
3. In case of QHD, have you observed any touch malfunctions?

Thanks in advance.

Dec64

Jul 20, 2016
@Dec64, thank you very much for the pictures.

Also three short questions:
1. Could you please post here info about your HU (MTCD,MCU).
2. Resolution (1024x600,greater or smaller?) and screen size (7 inches, 10 inches)
3. In case of QHD, have you observed any touch malfunctions?

Thanks in advance.

1. MTCD GS
2. 1024*600 - 7" screen
3. Touch is way off on all resolutions i set my phone to. QHD, HD and Full HD

http://xtrons.co.uk/pf7590ba-7-andr...ring-function-obd2-for-bmw-3-series-1884.html That's the unit i have.

Tabs78

Dec 8, 2007
The app must be install on phone or head unit?

Inviato dal mio SM-G935F utilizzando Tapatalk

jpreston84

Dec 16, 2008
I'm unable to use the software.

Head Unit: PX5 8-core A53 Cortex @ 1.5GHz, 2GB RAM, 32GB storage with KGL MCU
Phone: Nexus 6P with PureNexus ROM

I'm connecting my phone via one of the rear-mounted USB ports on the head unit (which appear to be USB host ports, rather than the OTG port on the front). When I connect and start your application, I'm able to connect briefly, getting a screen capture from my phone. However, within a fraction of a second, I get a message saying that the connection has been lost. Sometimes I am able to exit the application, but sometimes the entire system hangs. I do have Xposed installed, but the only plugin I'm running is AppSettings, and I don't have any settings configured for your application.

Is there anything you can suggest?

slumpz

Jul 27, 2008
Great replacement for Easyconnected..

However it doesn't work on my case though. Screen cast fine, but touching is way off.

My HU has 1024x600 resolution, and my phone has 1920x1080.

Plus, if you can force the screen of the mobile to be landscape, it would be awesome

Last edited:

warata

Apr 25, 2016
Tsu
It did not work properly. Could you advise me anything?
Phone:XperiaZ4(marshmallow)
HU: Joying MTCB(RK3188-1024)
Thanks

Attachments

• P1000006.jpg
    P1000006.jpg
    141.8 KB · Views: 1,170

f1x

Jul 27, 2016
Warsaw
However, within a fraction of a second, I get a message saying that the connection has been lost.

It looks like a problem with the USB connection. Have you tried to connect the phone with different USB cable? Also maybe your phone needs more current than USB port can deliver. In developer you should be able to change USB connection type. By default it is MTP connection - try to change it to something like "charge only" and test.

Sometimes I am able to exit the application, but sometimes the entire system hangs.

It is known issue. I will post the update of the application still today.

Screen cast fine, but touching is way off.

Today I will post the update with some improvements of touchscreen size detection. I will let you know.

Plus, if you can force the screen of the mobile to be landscape, it would be awesome

It is possible but it is quite risky :). In case of any USB connection interruption MtcdMirroring would not be able to "undo" such settings and you would stay with the forced landscape orientation. I think you can try to find an application on the Play store which can force the screen orientation.

f1x

Jul 27, 2016
Warsaw
@Dec64 @slumpz version 1.1.0 with improvements for detection of touchscreen resolution is now available on Google Play Store. Please check wheter the issues with touchscreen and hangup have been fixed and share the feedback. Thanks!

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hello,
    today I would like to introduce application called MtcdMirroring. MtcdMirroring allows you to mirror and control your Android device by the Head Unit touchscreen.

Application is available on the Google Play Store: link

Application is an alternative to the Easyconnected app, but much more lightweigh and with support of the newest Android releases (Nougat). Right now application can mirror only Android devices.

Features:
    * Realtime streaming of touch events allows you to control your Android device by a Head Unit touchscreen.
    * Realtime streaming of your Android device screen.
    * Forwarding of the Head Unit key presses and Steering Wheel key presses to your Android device (You can install MtcdTools on your Phone and control it like the Head Unit).
    * Automatic streaming of the audio over Bluetooth A2DP.

How to use it?
    1. Enable USB Debugging in developer settings on your Android device.
    ! Owners of Xiaomi devices must enable "USB debugging (Security Settings) as well.
    2. Connect your Android device to the Head Unit via USB cable.
    3. Accept "Allow USB debugging" when your Android device will prompt you
    4. Click Connect to the device to start mirroring your Android device.
    5. Explore Application Settings to customize your instance of the application.
    working well for me, thank you for the app!
    Yep, touch also doesn't work properly for me when I put the phone into landscape mode (Xperia Z2). Would have liked to be able to use this but not much point trying to use it in portrait mode obviously :p