FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

PX5 Headunit Brightness Level Too low

59 posts
Thanks Meter: 5

By AnaIysiS, Member on 17th May 2019, 05:33 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
Hey guys, I have a wondefoo PX-5 Android 8.0 Headunit.
I'm pretty much satisfied with it but as I live in a very warm and sunny country, I almost can't see anything on my headunit as it's simply isn't bright enough.

The brightness is set to the maximum, and i've tried the trick with the "reverse camera brightness" which didn't help at all.
I started this thread on the hardware development as i'm sure it's a hardware "problem", and not software related.

Is there any fix to my issue? Even a paid one like an upgraded panel or something like that.
It hurts too much to "throw away" a 350$ headunit which is OEM look to my car.

Thanks, in advanced.

19th May 2019, 06:13 AM |#2  
Thanks Meter: 4

More
Try to tint your windows to dim down the light on your car.
The Following User Says Thank You to jerrymh For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift jerrymh Ad-Free
19th May 2019, 07:46 AM |#3  
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnaIysiS

Hey guys, I have a wondefoo PX-5 Android 8.0 Headunit.
I'm pretty much satisfied with it but as I live in a very warm and sunny country, I almost can't see anything on my headunit as it's simply isn't bright enough.

The brightness is set to the maximum, and i've tried the trick with the "reverse camera brightness" which didn't help at all.
I started this thread on the hardware development as i'm sure it's a hardware "problem", and not software related.

Is there any fix to my issue? Even a paid one like an upgraded panel or something like that.
It hurts too much to "throw away" a 350$ headunit which is OEM look to my car.

Thanks, in advanced.

If you can take some detailed internal pictures of your unit and lcd panel board, I might be able to suggest increasing the brightness potentiometer (if available.)

---------- Post added at 06:46 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:45 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by jerrymh

Even better, only drive through tunnels.
20th May 2019, 11:32 AM |#4  
Yeah - nah?
20th May 2019, 08:41 PM |#5  
OP Member
Flag Tel-Aviv
Thanks Meter: 5

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by jerrymh

The sad part is that my windows are tinted, 85% on the back, 65% on the front, almost doesn't help at all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by marchnz

If you can take some detailed internal pictures of your unit and lcd panel board, I might be able to suggest increasing the brightness potentiometer (if available.)

---------- Post added at 06:46 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:45 PM ----------

Even better, only drive through tunnels.

LOL, thank you for trying to help, i hope i can take apart the unit tommorow and upload some pictures.
Will quote you again when I have the pictures.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)