PX5 screen causing DAB interferences

Search This thread

royalhawk2002

Sep 21, 2008
Avezzano
I discovered an interesting thing. When the radio screen is off the DAB signal is max but when is on, then the signal is attenuated a lot. Probably the screen controller is generating interferences on the same DAB frequency. One solution could be to move the dongle far from the head unit and to use some metal sheet as shield. I will test better the issue, switching off the screen in the few places were in my city il loss the signal. The screenshot below are taken from my Note 10 running dab app inside the car. Anyone has similar experience?

View attachment 5029243 SmartSelect_20200529-205950.jpg

Inviato dal mio SM-N970F utilizzando Tapatalk
View attachment 5029257

Last edited:
Reactions: marcus82

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I discovered an interesting thing. When the radio screen is off the DAB signal is max but when is on, then the signal is attenuated a lot. Probably the screen controller is generating interferences on the same DAB frequency. One solution could be to move the dongle far from the head unit and to use some metal sheet as shield. I will test better the issue, switching off the screen in the few places were in my city il loss the signal. The screenshot below are taken from my Note 10 running dab app inside the car. Anyone has similar experience?

View attachment 5029243SmartSelect_20200529-205950.jpg

Inviato dal mio SM-N970F utilizzando Tapatalk
    View attachment 5029257
    so interesting topic, I'm going crazy cause of intermittend dab signal with usb dongle.
    contact me if you can, we're both italian