FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[MOD] DAB+ App for Klyde module (serial, rear, not USB) - reworked

121 posts
Thanks Meter: 121
 
By JFDee, Senior Member on 3rd December 2018, 12:04 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
With my new headunit (PX5 Oreo from Autojeta, based on Klyde KD-7602), I had ordered an external DAB+ module which is connected with a proprietary cable to the rear socket panel. It has a serial control connection, power and likely a TOS audio wire.

The app for operating the module which was offered for download is incomplete, to say the least. Presets weren't working at all, it was not even possible to save any.
So I did a bit of re-engineering and built a DAB+ controller how I imagined it.

Click image for larger version

Name:	mydab_screen_shrunk.jpg
Views:	2016
Size:	39.2 KB
ID:	4657027

Changes against the original:

- Many, total rewrite
- Infotext is complete (the last character was always missing before)
- New layout, eye- and finger-friendly
- No more ugly images and buttons
- Plenty of room for long infotexts
- Presets are working
- Setup window for less-used options
- Unnecessary permissions and resources removed
- German translation included

Update 2019-01-30:

- extended compatibility down to Android KitKat (4.4)
- empty preset entries can be clicked anywhere to set; no need to hit the edit button
- attempt to make layout independent from resolution

If anybody is interested, I can provide the "strings" files so that more translations are possible.

Enjoy!


Current version: 1.2
Attached Files
File Type: apk MyDAB_1_2.apk - [Click for QR Code] (745.0 KB, 454 views)
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to JFDee For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift JFDee Ad-Free
 
 
4th December 2018, 02:58 PM |#2  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by JFDee

With my new headunit (PX5 Oreo from Autojeta), I had ordered an external DAB+ module which is connected with a proprietary cable to the rear socket panel. It has a serial control connection, power and likely a TOS audio wire.

The app for operating the module which was offered for download is incomplete, to say the least. Presets weren't working at all, it was not even possible to save any.
So I did a bit of re-engineering and built a DAB+ controller how I imagined it.

Attachment 4657027

Changes against the original:

- Many, total rewrite
- Infotext is complete (the last character was always missing before)
- New layout, eye- and finger-friendly
- No more ugly images and buttons
- Plenty of room for long infotexts
- Presets are working
- Setup window for less-used options
- Unnecessary permissions and resources removed
- German translation included

If anybody is interested, I can provide the "strings" files so that more translations are possible.

Enjoy!

Download: Attachment 4657026

.

Great work, plays nice
7th December 2018, 08:53 AM |#3  
Senior Member
Flag Avezzano
Thanks Meter: 48
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by JFDee

With my new headunit (PX5 Oreo from Autojeta), I had ordered an external DAB+ module which is connected with a proprietary cable to the rear socket panel. It has a serial control connection, power and likely a TOS audio wire.

The app for operating the module which was offered for download is incomplete, to say the least. Presets weren't working at all, it was not even possible to save any.
So I did a bit of re-engineering and built a DAB+ controller how I imagined it.

Attachment 4657027

Changes against the original:

- Many, total rewrite
- Infotext is complete (the last character was always missing before)
- New layout, eye- and finger-friendly
- No more ugly images and buttons
- Plenty of room for long infotexts
- Presets are working
- Setup window for less-used options
- Unnecessary permissions and resources removed
- German translation included

If anybody is interested, I can provide the "strings" files so that more translations are possible.

Enjoy!

Download: Attachment 4657026

.

Nice work. It is compatible also with the USB receiver version ?
7th December 2018, 03:50 PM |#4  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 121
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by royalhawk2002

Nice work. It is compatible also with the USB receiver version ?

No, I don't have such a device.

This version is hard-wired to use /dev/ttyV3, a serial port that is related to the firmware. It will only communicate if "com.microntek.CarManager" is instantiated in the Java code.

I suspect that the USB version may be very similar though. Can you point to an app that DOES work with it? I could have a look.

.
The Following User Says Thank You to JFDee For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift JFDee Ad-Free
9th December 2018, 08:59 AM |#5  
Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
@JFDee
It seems well done, congratulations!
can you enter the link to buy that form dab?
* I do not want to occupy my usb sockets.

P.S. does anyone know a dab module that fuses with an external antenna and has better reception?
* because with the internal adhesive antenna I do not feel well, in fact I have mounted it on a truck and often happens to have to replace the glass, due to small scratches, which would not allow to pass the review ... with the adhesive antenna I would have to replace the antenna every time ... for now I stuck it with transparent scotch but it is quite disgusting and also the reception is poor.
9th December 2018, 09:37 AM |#6  
Senior Member
Flag Avezzano
Thanks Meter: 48
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by JFDee

No, I don't have such a device.

This version is hard-wired to use /dev/ttyV3, a serial port that is related to the firmware. It will only communicate if "com.microntek.CarManager" is instantiated in the Java code.

I suspect that the USB version may be very similar though. Can you point to an app that DOES work with it? I could have a look.

.

you can take a look to dab-z from realzouzu...here on the forum

Inviato dal mio SM-N960F utilizzando Tapatalk
9th December 2018, 09:30 PM |#7  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 121
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by fur0n

can you enter the link to buy that form dab?
* I do not want to occupy my usb sockets.

Here are two links:

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/KLYD...848949738.html

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/Exte...826477767.html

However, you need the matching socket at the rear of the HU. On the photo, it's the 6-pin socket below the hole named IPOD.
.
Click image for larger version

Name:	klyde_back.jpg
Views:	322
Size:	70.5 KB
ID:	4661961
.
10th December 2018, 10:17 PM |#8  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 26
 
Donate to Me
More
Great job; finally klyde dab work very good...
if you could add station logos it would be great
14th December 2018, 10:21 PM |#9  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 121
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by pakoner

if you could add station logos it would be great

I can't say if the DAB+ module can provide these. It's basically a "black box" that accepts serial control commands and returns station parameters and infotext updates. The sound seems to come out as a digital stream over some of the cables in the proprietary connector.

So far, I'm using the unchanged control commands from the original program because there is no documentation of what they do. It's obvious which ones start the station scan or change the station, but there may be others that provide further functions.

The module inside the housing is a shielded circuit, which I suspect can be found in many car and stationary radios. It says SHINWA on the shield.

Edit: This is the module in the box:
http://www.shinwa.com.cn/product/meB...b/DB-MF03.html

I'm sure the documentation of the commands is available for purchase ...

.
The Following User Says Thank You to JFDee For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift JFDee Ad-Free
22nd January 2019, 12:48 PM |#10  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
Parsing Problems
Thanks for your work,but I can't install your dab. apk.file.Message is : parsing problem .I have a mtcb unit with the latest malaysk Android rk3188 4.4.4 800x480 rom.At the moment,i have the same DAB + reciever like you,working with the redesigned dab+ app of Oberbergler.Any idea?
23rd January 2019, 08:24 PM |#11  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 121
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Strike03

apk.file.Message is : parsing problem .I have a mtcb unit with the latest malaysk Android rk3188 4.4.4 800x480 rom.

I only tested with Android 8 here. I will test again in an emulator with Android 4.4.
The Following User Says Thank You to JFDee For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift JFDee Ad-Free
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
dab+, mod app, radio

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)
Message:
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes