This is modified Radio app for head units.
I reverse-engineered original Radio app into source code, and now try to make something better.
- on/off button on screen, mapped to play/pause steering wheel key
- volume control on screen
- AM band removed (may be put back in some future version)
- added clock
- added speed of vehicle (from GPS)
What's wrong with original Radio app (as I see it):
- back button stops it (instead of putting to background)
- fixed amount of FM stations (18)
- no station management found stations
- missing on/off button
- some options are useless (stereo, loc), should go to options menu
- volume can't be easy controlled on screen while driving
Plans for future development:
- vertical scrolling list of stations
- better management of stations and tuning (add/remove/move stations)
- multiple stations presets (in case you use to drive in different locations)
- nicer user interface
- option to work as home-screen launcher (= main app on device)
- settings screen
- button for launching some other app (e.g. navigation app or other homescreen launcher)
No root is required. Just install APK. This is separate app, and doesn't overwrite stock Radio. You can use it alongside default Radio. But don't use both radio apps at same time, this may not work good. When you wish, you can uninstall this app anytime.
Version: 20180929 (alpha)