More
Any update to fix this problem ??!

15th January 2019, 05:45 PM |#22  
Thanks Meter: 22

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ipgoogle

Any update to fix this problem ??!

I've installed the Hal9k Oreo ROM version 3.11. He mentions in his notes that the Bluetooth may not work because of Oreo if you have the Bluetooth module in question.

I upgraded coming from marshmallow 6.0 1. Before I installed and updated the ROM I install the latest MCU which I think resolved this issue which is MTCD/E MCU v2.99. I'm on Oreo now and all my Bluetooth works, phone music contacts OBD and such...
16th January 2019, 05:54 AM |#23  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by elniper

I've installed the Hal9k Oreo ROM version 3.11. He mentions in his notes that the Bluetooth may not work because of Oreo if you have the Bluetooth module in question.

I upgraded coming from marshmallow 6.0 1. Before I installed and updated the ROM I install the latest MCU which I think resolved this issue which is MTCD/E MCU v2.99. I'm on Oreo now and all my Bluetooth works, phone music contacts OBD and such...

Thanks for reply, and you have type 2 from MD725 BT ?? And whats MCU type you have ??
27th January 2019, 12:10 AM |#24  
Thanks Meter: 21

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ipgoogle

Thanks for reply, and you have type 2 from MD725 BT ?? And whats MCU type you have ??

It must be a type 1.
However, I just did new tests and realized that type 1/2 does not make sense anymore. We should call a driver compatible/incompatible module.
Here is my story. I have a MTCD PX3 radio which used to run Android 5.1.1/7.1.2 and bluetooth worked well. I upgraded coreboard to PX5 with Android 8 and BT was not working anymore. BT module was not detected and BT name/code were empty. Downgraded to Android 6 and BT worked again. Using getprop bt.md725.type I saw "2", indicating it is a type md725 type 2 module. I always want to come back Android 8, so I am constantly monitoring new versions of Oreo firmware. Yesterday I upgraded to Hal9K's Oreo version 3.1.1 with mcu HA 2.99, and noticed some changes. BT name/code were showing up and my phone was able to see CarKit BT. Unfortunately they cannot pair, so BT is still not working. Then I typed "getprop bt.md725.type" and I saw "1" this time. My module became type "1" !
In short md725 BT driver is getting better in new Oreo firmware, but is still incompatible with our old modules. Hope the driver will be improved and our module will be running in future.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to yves31 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift yves31 Ad-Free
27th January 2019, 08:36 AM |#25  
Quote:
Originally Posted by yves31

It must be a type 1.
realized that type 1/2 does not make sense anymore. We should call a driver compatible/incompatible module.
Here is my story.
In short md725 BT driver is getting better in new Oreo firmware, but is still incompatible with our old modules. Hope the driver will be improved and our module will be running in future.

Thanks for your story.

BT issue has zero to do with md725 driver. See forums posts.

If you want type 1, change md725 to type 1.
The Following User Says Thank You to marchnz For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift marchnz Ad-Free
27th January 2019, 06:17 PM |#26  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by marchnz

If you want type 1, change md725 to type 1.

I used to think this way, but not anymore.
Android 6 saw the module as type 2, and now recent Oreo shows type 1.
31st January 2019, 01:38 PM |#27  
Thanks Meter: 2

More
greeting
Where can this be seen which type of module 725 (type 1, type2)?
2nd February 2019, 08:19 AM |#28  
Thanks Meter: 5

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by yves31

I used to think this way, but not anymore.
Android 6 saw the module as type 2, and now recent Oreo shows type 1.

Mine shows as Type 1 in Oreo too but does not work.
With the HAL ROM installed, my phone would see the Unit but would not pair to it.
With Malaysk ROM, the PIN and Name in the Bluetooth app don't show and my phone cannot find the unit.
2nd February 2019, 03:33 PM |#29  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by msb111

Mine shows as Type 1 in Oreo too but does not work.
With the HAL ROM installed, my phone would see the Unit but would not pair to it.
With Malaysk ROM, the PIN and Name in the Bluetooth app don't show and my phone cannot find the unit.

This is exactly what I saw in my HU.
HAL rom is based on a newer and Malaysk is based on an older one. Newer Oreo made some improvements on MD725 driver, but is still not functional for our modules.
10th February 2019, 05:21 PM |#30  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
Hello there,
I'm experiencing a similar issue here.. mic doesn't work when making a BT call from my phone. It does work out of the BT, in apps etc..
It doesn't matter whether I use a external mic or the in-built... I have upgraded the MCU to the latest 3.11 and still happens.

P.S- I can pair and I can see contact etc... it's just the microphone not working.

Any ideas?
10th February 2019, 06:19 PM |#31  
Account currently disabled
Thanks Meter: 75

More
try another phone..
Hi,
I had written about that before, I have a newer headunit and (if I pairing it) with my meizu 6 pro plus
gave (have) the same problem "as yours" but when I used my old s6 with a RR-P v7.0 custom rom worked without any problems at all.
so with other words, use or try another or newer phone with it.. try a loan (samsung) phone from your buddy or family to test it with it.. it maybe works for you too as I did and got a 100% working headunit bt & s6 phone combination?
try
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
android 8.0 oreo, bluetooth, headunit, md725, mtcd

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)