This is the further development of my Mod v1.x based on Android 5.
Thanks graviton.no for the equipment provided for development.
Nougat for ALL RK3188/PX3.
You can install this firmware on your radio, if in Settings > About machine >
- The model starts with px3
- The Android version starts with 7.1.
- The chip version starts with MTCD or MTCE. Then there can be any letters, two, three, four - it does not matter.
- The MCU version starts with MTCD or MTCE. Then there can be any letters, two, three, four - it does not matter.
- The Android version starts with 5.1.
- The Build number starts with rk3188.
The main advantages and trends of development of this mod:
- New features.
- Correction of existing errors and imperfections of the stock.
- Best responsiveness in comparison of the stock + the ability for the user to improve this indicator.
- The customizability. All critical changes made on my taste, you can customize for yourself or do as it was in the stock.
- All changes made directly in application code without the use of Xposed framework for best perfomance.
- The stock design.
When switching from any other firmware or from version 1.x, user data is cleared automatically!
If you are upgrading from a previous version of 2.x, you do not need to wipe, but it is recommended. Especially if you used microG in the previous version.
If you install without wiping the data on top of the previous version, the first boot may take several minutes. Depends on the number of third-party applications.
But be sure to go to "Mod settings" to apply the default settings.
How to install the firmware ?
Take out all the other flash drives, SD cards, modems and other devices from the radio jacks.
Insert the USB flash drive into the USB connector of the radio. It is desirable to use the connector in which it is defined as USB1 (can be seen, for example, in the player).
Or SD-card - in the GPS slot.
The radio will prompt "Firmware Updating".
In addition, you can install the firmware through the System update in Settings.
Or through the recovery.
If you like my ROMs and you want to thank me, I ask you to make a donation. You can find required details on my website or just click here.
Version 2.3 Google Drive
Old versionsOther launchers not included in the firmware. Installing by the replacement /system/priv-app/Launcher3HCT2
List of changes:
- Moved to the new base firmware from April 2018.
- Made a list of applications that allow the screen saver to be started.
You can add a third-party launcher or player to it, for example.
- Added the ability to switch tracks in third-party players using the steering wheel buttons for owners of CAN-adapters for Mercedes cars, etc.
- Made a list of applications that are restarted after sleep.
I included the PCRadio application in it. Now it always starts playback correctly after exiting sleep, if it was started when HU go to sleep.
In PCRadio's settings, you must enable the "Resume playback when application starts" switch. Also it is necessary to remove it from the whitelist if it was added to it.
- Editing the whitelist now does not require a restart of the HU.
- Added a volume control in the style typical for AV equipment from the 7floor module
- Added the ability to display the volume control at the top, middle or bottom of the screen.
- Added the ability to adjust the time during which the volume control remains on the screen after changing the volume value.
- Has been made a list of applications that should not work simultaneously.
This list is an extension of the corresponding system list.
If one of the applications included in this list is launched, then the rest are closed.
That is, for example, if you include the same PCRadio, then it will close when you start the stock Music or Radio. And vice versa.
- Added the ability to move the statusbar to the bottom of the screen. (Experimental option.)
- Changed the logic of the name request for the button of the stored radio station.
If the name for the stored frequency is not specified earlier, text from the RDS is suggested.
- Other changes aimed at improving stability.
Version 2.2.1 OTA-package
- Added the ability to disable switching folders in the Music by the buttons on the steering wheel.
- Fixed interface display for 800x480 resolution.
- In audioplayer added a jump to the previous / next folder on the seekdown / seekup steering wheel buttons and a on the long tap to the prev / next screen buttons.
- Added folder name display to the pop-up message when switching between folders.
- Made a list of navigational apps that muffle other sounds when playing voice prompts.
The list should include all navigation applications, including the one that is set by default to the Navi button.
- Added application F-Droid for automatic update microG.
- Added the ability to hide storage icons in the statusbar.
- Updated the time zones to version 2018d.
After updating without a wipe, make sure that the time zone is set correctly.
- Other changes, to improve stability.
- Moved to the new base firmware from February 2018.
- The possibility of OTA-updates is added.
- Added the ability to lock device as a regular Android device.
The lock is turned on after rebooting or exiting from sleep.
You can also turn on the lock after the Android screensaver has triggered or manually from the shutdown menu.
- Sorting in alphabetical order of all lists in players is done.
- Added pop-up messages showing information about the current radio station and music file. It is possible to set the font size and the duration of the messages.
- The audio player goes to the next folder in the list after the playing the last file in the current folder in the sequential play mode.
- Added a request for a name for the button of the stored radio station.
- Added the ability to choose from eight screensavers. Pictures here.
- Added the ability to turn off the full-screen keyboard.
- Added the ability to turn off the restarting applications that worked before going to sleep.
- In the application "Wheelkey Study" added actions "turn off the screen backlight", "recent applications" and "F-Cam application".
- In third-party applications preinstalled "sound improver" ViPER4Android.
- In the OEM added 5 launchers and their widgets (AY, HCT2, HCT3, KGL, ZH). Selection of the launcher after installation is made as usual, by pressing the Home button, as in the phone.
Unfortunately, Android 7 does not allow third-party applications to automatically create widgets.
Therefore we do this:
Install widgets and launcher APKs. Add any widget and give permission (see Screenshot).
Then remove the launcher and install it again. Or clear the launcher's data.
- In the folder with the launcher HCT2 added weather from vitarkananda. Works only with this launcher.
- Other changes, to improve stability.
But they are implemented without using the Xposed framework.
- All interface changes are also made for screen resolution 800x480.
- The firmware is completely re-odexed with optimization for the px3 processor.
- The Mod settings are made in a separate application, also available from the "Extra settings" in the Settings app.
- Added the ability to replace Gapps on a microG with a lightened Play Market and back, at any time. It's extremely speed up the device, actual for 1 GB of RAM.
Located in the Mod settings.
- Allowed autoloading of third-party applications when the device starts. (Torque, etc.)
- Fixed playback of voice alerts in the standard voice package in Mapcam.info.
- Removed the "red text", which appeared, if you flash the firmware on the radio, where was Android 5.
- The internal memory is expanded on 256MB.
- Preinstalled root and SuperSU.
- Added support for init.d
- The default is:
- English language and date format, time zone CET.
- Watching video whle driving - enabled
- Bluetooth Password - 1234
- Mixing level - 4
- GPS time update - enabled
- Navigation sound mode - mixing
- Timeout of the screen saver - 1 minute, options added: 2 minutes, 10 and 30 minutes.
- Added the ability to choose the speed at which the video will be blocked
- Deny connection to data services in roaming.
- Volume when reversing -4
- Brightness of the screen at night - 20%
- Unnecessary applications and files were deleted:
- Open Wnn
- Built-in Pico TTS speech synthesizer
- WAP Push Manager
- Corporate profiles
- Android live wallpapers (the ability to install your own Live wallpaper is left)
- GPSTest replaced with GPS Test Plus
- Google Maps has been moved from system applications to third-party applications. Now you can simply delete them in Settings if they are not needed.
- Also, in third-party applications preinstalled Google Text-to-speech Engine. Speech synthesis works without connecting to the network.
- Synchronization of Contacts and Calendar is added.
- Time Zones updated to the latest version.
- The built-in Contacts application is enabled.
- Allowed to install applications not from the Play Market.
- The Daydream functionality is enabled. This allows you to install any screensaver from the Play Market without stopping at one.
By default, the Clock screensaver from Android is selected. Color can be changed.
Any third-party screensaver is turned off under the same conditions as the standard one (touching the screen, switching cameras, etc.)
Android screensaver can be turned off, then the standard screensaver will work.
- In the Bluetooth application, the name field is enlarged in the phone book. Added the recognition of the OBD adapter based on the settings so that the system distinguishes them from the phones and works with them correctly.
It is necessary, if your adapter does not have the letters OBD in the name.
- In the Video application, the playlist is enlarged.
Repeat is disabled by default.
- In the Music application, the playlist is enlarged and the repeat is disabled by default.
Instead of a spinning plate, a square fixed cover is made, loading of lyrics from the network is included,
the player is paused for an incoming call and the Mute button is pressed.
- Radio - the running RDS text has been removed from the saved stations buttons. Now we can assign names to saved stations.
- Fixed Bluetooth.
Now normally works those diagnostic programs that previously wrote that Bluetooth is turned off, offered to turn it on and hang up.
Programs automatically detect a previously paired adapter.
- The on-screen power button in the status bar is made.
- Single click to turn on the screen saver.
- Double click to make a screenshot.
- Triple click to kill the active application.
- Long press - shutdown menu.
- Added the ability to change the ringtone to any in the ringtones folder (only for the MD725 Bluetooth module)
- Added the possibility of increasing TTL by default to bypass restrictions on the distribution of Internet from mobile devices.
- Added a white list of applications that do not close when going to sleep, with the ability to configure.
- The number on the volume control is increased and made white.
- Added hidden item "Developer options" in settings.
- The Status item is added in Settings - About machine.
- Added the ability to disable some statusbar elements.
By default, the Home button, the Volume, Eject and Brightness icons are disabled. The Back button is moved from right to left. Everything can be configured, as it was in the stock or in another way.
Known issue: On devices with 1 GB due to lack of RAM or another videocodec hardware, the built-in video player and other programs that work with video does not work normally.
Solution: use a third-party video player.
Version 2.0 screenshots