MCU version: MTCD_ХХХХ, MTCE_ХХХХ
Firmware for car head units on the MTCD-MTCE platform with Rockchip PX5 (rk3368), PX6 (rk3399), PX30 (rk3326) processors and a screen resolution of 800x480, 1024x600 or 1280x720 based on Android 9 .
This is a further development of the Hal9k Mod v3 based on Android 8.
# Thanks AndroidAutoShop for the equipment provided for development.
The basic version of the firmware, in the form in which it is posted here, is distributed free of charge for private use and has no performance limitations
Commercial use of firmware or its parts and algorithms is prohibited
Any change to the firmware of the head unit is a potentially dangerous operation. Therefore, the Mod is provided on an “as is” basis. The author is not responsible for any possible negative consequences.
The main advantages of this firmware:
- Stock design
- High stability
- Advanced functionality
- Correction of existing errors and deficiencies in stock firmware
- Customizability. All additions and modifications can be customized to your taste.
- Changes are made directly in the application code, without using the Xposed framework
- Increased responsiveness compared to the stock + the ability to independently improve this indicator
- The model starts with px5 (rk3368) or px6 (rk3399) or px30 (rk3326_mid)
- Android version starts with 9 or 8.0 or 6.0
- The MCU version starts with MTCD or MTCE . Further there can be any letters, two, three, four - it does not matter.
It is also necessary to be able to enter the recovery mode.
Video review by Alex's Android Radio (English)
Video review by Alex's Android Radio (Deutsch)
Video review by ES. (Русский)
List of changes:
- Advanced configuration of the GPS receiver chip, which includes:
- Use of Galileo and IMES satellite navigation systems in addition to existing ones. The number of visible satellites increased by about a third
- Frequency of measurements of geolocation increased by 10 times. Navigation apps respond faster to changes in course or speed
- The lag of the marker from the real position is reduced to the minimum, which means that navigation applications report faster about the upcoming maneuver
- Enabled positioning acceleration AssistNow Autonomous. A cold start of the GPS receiver takes about one minute.
- A dynamic navigation model is set - for cars, not for phones, as set by default
- Any differential correction satellites are used
- Updated GPS Test Plus application (see screenshot). The satellites marked in circles are GPS on the left of the screen and Galileo on the right
- Ability to configure the speed of the USB OTG port (USB 2.0 or USB 1.1). This allows you to remove clicks that interfere with listening to music via USB DAC.
- Ability to set default TTL in the range from 63 to 65
- Ability to disable the Ethernet interface for using Wi-Fi without physically disconnecting the USB modem. Ability to configure Ethernet interface parameters
- The ability to mirror the image from the front view camera by default. Useful for those who put a rear view camera on the front of the car.
- Color selection for dynamic parking lines
- The ability not to turn off the sound from other applications after launching the applications AV input and DVR
- Gesture control and background playback enabled for the Video application
- The ability to disable option "Mute button pauses playback"
- Added a black list of applications that do not allow to start the screen saver. Now you can make the screen saver always run, except when the applications in the list are on the screen
- The z-link application should work
- Bugs fixed in the default launcher:
- Now you can create widgets "Direct dial" and "Direct message". Both widgets will launch a phone call to the selected number
- The radio frequency on the widget is not reset after changing the theme
- Updated script from b-max for reconnecting freezing USB hubs
- Full root access is preinstalled (Magisk v20.1)
It is possible to write to system partitions, control access to applications, hide root from some applications, and install additional modules
The built-in update does not work on Rockchip devices.
- Firmware is completely reodexed with optimization for the processor. This gives some increase in system speed.
- Scrolling a long name in the phone book
- Equalizer call button in Radio, Music and Video
- New actions for buttons on the steering wheel, including double actions (example: the "Back" button will hang up when there is an active call)
- All elements of the status bar are in the same style and change their color depending on the background color. All items can be disabled
- Removed restriction on 4 icons in the status bar
- Navi and F-Cam tiles added
- Players added to the "List of media players that should not work together" no longer close when going to sleep
- An alternative Equalizer has been added to OEM. It is installed as an update of the built-in Equalizer using the ApkInstaller application.
The interface shown in the screenshot appears only on devices with DSP !
Return to the stock version by removing updates in the properties of the "Amplifier" application
- New screensavers
- In applications, translation into different languages has been fixed and added (now 12 languages have been changed).
Thanks to our translation team:
- de maus05, Toto1365, Ati_gangster
- el grigoris_a
- it mrgiaco, DanveRt
- cs Bugscze
- hr dankec2000
- hu didu73
- nl ZeroZorro
- fr mykerinos1
- sv kupa
- es segu45
- pl tomkam
- ua DanveRt
- Added the ability to receive OTA updates via the Internet
- Added Lada logo
- Added support for init.d
You can put your scripts in the /etc/init.d folder and they will be launched at system startup
- New default settings:
- English language and date format, time zone CET
- Screen saver timeout - 2 minutes, options added: 10 and 30 minutes
- Watching video while driving - enabled
- GPS time update - enabled
- Navigation sound mode - mixing
- Navigation mixing ratio - 2
- Prohibition of connection to data services in roaming
- Rreversing volume - 4
- Screen brightness at night - 20%
- Added the ability to adjust the speed at which the video will be disabled
- Added auto tuning APN for Tele2
- Deleted applications: System Tests and EasyConnected
- Gmail, Google Speech Synthesizer, Google Maps and YouTube transferred from system applications to third-party
Now they can be simply deleted in Settings if they are not needed.
- Added the latest Russian voice package for Google Speech Synthesizer. Speech synthesis works without a network connection
- The latest Russian language pack for offline speech recognition is preinstalled
- Added synchronization of Contacts and Calendar with Google account
- Time zones updated to the latest version
- Preinstalled ViPER4Android
- Added the ability to change the ringtone to any of the ringtones in the folder (not for all Bluetooth modules)
- Added the ability to change the default TTL to bypass restrictions on the distribution of the Internet from mobile devices
- Added script from b-max for reconnecting freezing USB hubs
By default it is turned off, it can be turned on in the Mod Settings
- Added ability to disable full-screen keyboard
- Added the ability to transfer the status bar to the bottom of the screen (Experimental option)
- A list of applications that have access to USB devices has been made
Allows you to get rid of the annoying request for access
- In Launcher, the date is displayed in the format corresponding to the setting in the "Date and Time" menu
- Added background for messages from CanBus app
- Contacts application turned on
- Contacts and Google applications now call via MTCDialer without additional settings
- A list of applications that allow to start the screen saver has been made
You can add, for example, a third-party launcher or player
- Added a white list of applications that do not close when going to sleep, with the ability to configure
- A list of media players that restart after sleep has been made
I have included a PCRadio player on this list. Now it starts playback correctly after waking up from sleep, if it was started while going to sleep
In its settings, you must enable the switch "Resume playback when the application starts." You also need to remove it from the white list, if it was added to it.
- Added the ability to disable restarting applications that worked before going to sleep
- Made a list of navigational apps that muffle other sounds when playing voice prompts.
The list should include all navigation applications, including the one that is set by default to the Navi button.
- Added the ability to assign the last launched navigation application to the Navi button, to switch between navigation and player
- A separate list of navigation applications using the Speech Synthesizer has been made to muffle other sounds when playing voice prompts
To use it, you need to add the navigation application to the "List of navigational applications using TTS that muffle other sounds" and select "Text-to-speech engine that muffle other sounds"
- Added volume control in the style typical of AV equipment from the 7floor module
- Added the ability to display the volume control on top, in the middle or at the bottom of the screen
- Added the ability to adjust the time during which the volume control remains on the screen after changing the volume value
- A list of media players that should not work together has been made. This list is an addition to the corresponding system list.
If one of the players included in this list is launched, then the rest are closed
- Added the ability to edit the list of applications that are switched by the Mode button
- Added the ability to select applications that will run instead of stock apps. You can start your player with a button on the steering wheel
- The size of the number on the volume control is increased and made white
- Added items to Settings: Home app (launcher selection), Navigation bar (located on the left in some firmwares), Start navigation after boot, Mobile network and For developers
- In Settings - About device, an item with system information has been added
- An on-screen power button has been made in the status bar.
- Single tap - start the screen saver.
- Double tap - take a screenshot.
- Triple tap - kill the active application.
- Long press - shutdown menu.
- Added the ability to disable all elements of the status bar
Disabled by default: Home button, Storage icons, Volume and Screen brightness icons. The Back button is moved from right to left. All items are customizable
- Added the ability to lock the device as on regular Android system
The lock is turned on after the device reboots or wakes up from sleep
You can also turn on the lock after starting the Android screensaver or manually from the shutdown menu
- Added volume control depending on speed
- Added display of pop-up messages with media information from third-party media players.
Third-party media players must be added to the appropriate list.
- Added list of applications that will work in full screen mode (immersive mode)
- In the Bluetooth application, the name field in the phone book is expanded
During a call, if you minimize the notification, the lower part of the screen remains clickable
Also, the notification does not overlap the status bar, if it is below
- Added display of pop-up messages with information about the track played through A2DP
It is possible to adjust the size and color of the font and the duration of the message
- In the Video application, the playlist is expanded and the replay is disabled by default
Sorting in alphabetical order, not case sensitive for lists of folders and tracks
- In the Music application, the playlist is expanded and the replay is disabled by default
Added downloading lyrics from the network
The player is paused when an incoming call or pressing the Mute button
Sorted in alphabetical order, not case sensitive for lists of folders and tracks
Added display of pop-up messages with information about the track being played. It is possible to adjust the size and color of the font and the duration of the message
Skipped to the next folder in the list after playing the last track in the current folder in sequential playback mode
Added the transition to the previous/next folders by the buttons of the steering wheel seekdown/seekup and by a long tap on the screen buttons prev/next
- Radio - the moving RDS text has been removed from the buttons of the saved stations. Added the ability to assign names to saved radio stations
If the name for the stored frequency has not been previously set, text from RDS is proposed.
Added display of pop-up messages with information about the radio station. It is possible to adjust the size and color of the font and the duration of the message
Added the ability to select a group of radio stations
If you are going to another place where other radio stations work, you can select another group and tune the stations again, and upon returning home, select the default group again and your settings will be restored
- Added custom parking lines. Thanks for Incognito+
- The functionality of Screensavers (Daydream) is included. This allows you to install any screensaver from the Play Market
In order for the Android screensaver to work, it must be turned on in the Mod Settings
- A new screensaver has been added, which displays the time and date, information from players (not only stock ones), volume level, speed, as well as temperature and voltage if this data is available
- To display the real temperature you need a CAN adapter and the presence of temperature in the status bar, and to display the voltage - MCU 2.93 and higher
- It is possible to customize the appearance of the screen saver: colors, background image, maximum value for the speed indicator
- There is a display of covers for most third-party players and radio station icons for PCRadio
- For correct operation, I recommend adding your players to the "List of media players that should not work together"
- There is a display of recommendations when moving along the route for Yandex.Navigator, Yandex.Maps, Google Maps, Sygic GPS Navigation & Maps
- There is a temperature display from Yandex.Weather, if temperature data does not come from the CAN adapter
- During the screen saver’s operation, the volume control is not shown
- Added the ability to select from 12 regular screen savers
- 6 launchers and their widgets (AY, GS, HCT2, HCT3, KGL, ZH) have been added to OEM.
To install the launcher:
- Run the ApkInstaller application, Install - OEM - Launcher code (for example, AY) - install .apk file
- Press Home - the request "Use LaucherXX as Home" appears
- Select the installed launcher and click "Just once" or "Always."
In the latter case, this question will no longer appear, a new launcher will always be used.
- Install .apk widgets and launcher
- Add any widget to your desktop
- Give permission (see screenshot).
- Delete the launcher and reinstall (or clear the launcher data)
- For Tasker fans, the ability to assign the numbers 1-9, 0, and the symbols * and # to the steering wheel buttons has been added.
Intent = "com.microntek.report.event"
Extra "type" = "key"
Extra "value" = button code.
- Other changes aimed at improving stability and usability.
- A lot of work has been done to provide support for new Android 9 firmware, although this is not visible from the outside.
But implemented without using the Xposed framework.
When switching from any other firmware, user data will be cleared automatically!
When upgrading from a previous version, wipe data is not required. But it is recommended if there are any problems.
For stable operation of the device, it is recommended to update the MCU firmware to the latest: 3.40 and higher, or to the latest version available for your device
You can obtain the MCU firmware from the seller of your HU or search in cs-x collection
Update from Android 9:
The installation is similar to a regular firmware update
- Copy the firmware file update.zip to a USB flash drive / SD memory card formatted in FAT32
- Insert a USB flash drive / SD memory card into the device
- In the window that appears, click "Install"
- After installation, the device will automatically restart one more time to complete the installation of Magisk.
Update from Android 6, 8:
Requires updating the recovery version to Android 9
- Simple and safe way: Use the application ModInstaller Pro (link to the application in the readme.txt file, which is located in the archive with the firmware or in my signature at the bottom of this post)
- Complicated and unsafe way: look for information in this thread
Only for PX5 devices!
The archive contains 2 special packages that can be used to switch from Android 8 without data loss
- Connect to the HU with Android 8 firmware (Mod v3.x) one USB flash drive formatted in FAT32.
There should be enough free space on the flash drive to save the device’s internal storage
- Install the package update.zip from the folder backup8 from the same flash drive or from the SD card
A multivolume archive with your data (userdata*) will be created on the USB flash drive.
- Install mod v4.x by the method above
- After the full installation of Android 9, connect a USB flash drive with archive to the HU
- Install the package update.zip from the folder restore9 from the same flash drive or from the SD card
- Reboot the HU.
This method does not guarantee full functionality of all third-party applications that were installed in Android 8.
If you encounter any problems - reset device to factory settings
EasyConnected from stock firmware
Automatic backlight control for PX5-based head units
Internet speed in status bar
A: Information is on my site. You will find the link in the archive with firmware or in my signature at the bottom of this post
Q: How to automatically install my applications after installing the firmware?
A: Create the hct folder on the flash drive with the firmware, the apk folder in it and put your apk in it. They will be automatically installed after the installing the firmware.
Q: How to connect the OBD adapter?
A: This can be done both from the Bluetooth application, and from the Bluetooth item in the settings. The main thing - before you click on the adapter found, you must wait until the scan finished. Wait until the spinning circle disappears in the Bluetooth application or until the inscription "Search..." changes to the inscription "Refresh" in Settings. Then pairing goes smoothly. If the phone is already connected, you will need to temporarily disconnect it.
Q: How to start any application from a button on the steering wheel?
A: Mod settings - Manage applications - Applications that run instead of the stock . Assign any of the six applications that you don’t use to the button, then choose a replacement for it in the form of some kind of player, for example. This button will start your player
Q: Bluetooth MD725 does not work, although everything worked in Android 6!
A: If the MD725 type 2 Bluetooth module is installed in your HU, then it will not work in Android 9. The reason is that its driver was removed from Android 9.
Q: How do I know if I have such a Bluetooth module?
A: On the first page of the factory settings, in item BT, MD725 is selected. The [color = darkblue] getprop bt.md725.type [/color] command executed in the terminal answers "2"
Solution: replace the module with type 1
Q: Bluetooth SD-968 does not work, although everything worked in Android 8!
A: If the SD-968 Bluetooth module with firmware made in March 2017 or earlier is installed in your HU, then it works in Android 8, but does not work in Android 9.
Solution: replace the module driver /system/bin/sdsdk968 with the old version. Do not forget to set permissions 755 on the file.
Or replace the module with another type
I can only be responsible for the changes in the device that I made. All of them are listed in the "List of changes" section.
Everything else, both good and bad, is inherited from the factory firmware.
I try to fix bugs found in the stock, but this I can’t always do it.
If you do not agree with this, do not install this firmware.
- On some devices with a PX5 processor, the screen backlight sometimes does not turn on after exiting sleep mode.
After rebooting the device with the RST button or turning off the ignition for about 20-30 seconds, it continues to work.
The same problem exists on the stock and on newer version of the stock
PX5: Google Drive
PX6: Google Drive
PX30: Google Drive
Version 4.0 screenshots