Thanks Meter: 5,149

By Malaysk, Senior Member on 24th May 2016, 11:22 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
22nd September 2016, 05:17 PM |#1001  
Flag Eagle Mountain
Thanks Meter: 181

More
Malaysk,
You probably don'y know it, but on Auto Pumpkin forums, they have a lot of issues with the MTCD devices like you are having. They are always giving out firmware and asking did that fix it and most cases, nope. It is always Bluetooth or something. So you are fighting the same issues they are..
So stay at it if you can for the people who have MTCD's, I have MTCB unit.. Roms are good for me.

22nd September 2016, 05:18 PM |#1002  
Thanks Meter: 76

More
Tomtom Go won't install....again no chance with MTC now....

sent by my S7edge
22nd September 2016, 06:21 PM |#1003  
Thanks Meter: 30

More
I think he is hitting a wall as these units should not have had 5.1 put on them. There is not enough memory to do it. They run poorly with whatever rom is on there. 4.4.4 would be a better solution. Not his fault at all, they did something they should not have, and now they have unhappy customers. If you cannot even open google maps the thing is useless. If GPS doesn't work it is useless. I wonder if we can just change the android board to move back to 4.4.4
The Following User Says Thank You to ptclabs For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift ptclabs Ad-Free
22nd September 2016, 07:12 PM |#1004  
Thanks Meter: 76

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ptclabs

I think he is hitting a wall as these units should not have had 5.1 put on them. There is not enough memory to do it. They run poorly with whatever rom is on there. 4.4.4 would be a better solution. Not his fault at all, they did something they should not have, and now they have unhappy customers. If you cannot even open google maps the thing is useless. If GPS doesn't work it is useless. I wonder if we can just change the android board to move back to 4.4.4

No they don't understand....they believe to be Apple or Samsung..with proper ROM and MCU....if issues will prosecute....$ per $ people will buy any kenwood or pioneer unit android play....

sent by my S7edge
22nd September 2016, 07:27 PM |#1005  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
Thank you
I have been playing with PC's for several years now and have built some of the fastest home PC's in the world. I stumbled on this forum because of your work. I learned a lot about android from, this thread. I have many android products but this head unit got me thinking about really playing around with it. I will gladly send you $100 U.S just because how much I have learned from you. I am very grateful and please keep it up!
The Following User Says Thank You to Cheesemaster For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Cheesemaster Ad-Free
22nd September 2016, 08:08 PM |#1006  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
I have got a problem after installation of one of the updates. The buttons themselfs on the unit have change functions (volume wont work and different buttons) and CAN wont work. Try all the ROM's and cant fix it. Any idea's what to do?
Thanks for help
22nd September 2016, 08:17 PM |#1007  

More
Self reseting
I need hell pls, page 99
22nd September 2016, 08:17 PM |#1008  
Flag Eagle Mountain

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by karolno48

I have got a problem after installation of one of the updates. The buttons themselfs on the unit have change functions (volume wont work and different buttons) and CAN wont work. Try all the ROM's and cant fix it. Any idea's what to do?
Thanks for help

Before you installed the ROM, did you record your factory settings? Any info at all.. Sometimes things get changed and items alter.
22nd September 2016, 08:19 PM |#1009  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldpapa49

Before you installed the ROM, did you record your factory settings? Any info at all.. Sometimes things get changed and items alter.

Unfortunately i didnt :/
22nd September 2016, 08:40 PM |#1010  
Flag Eagle Mountain

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by karolno48

Unfortunately i didnt :/

Hopefully someone here might have a radio like yours and can give you the factory settings info. You can try on your own.. Look for Key Wheel (I think) set the steering whheel, but it might be in FACTORY Settings (pass is 126 most of the time) and look in there
22nd September 2016, 08:55 PM |#1011  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldpapa49

Hopefully someone here might have a radio like yours and can give you the factory settings info. You can try on your own.. Look for Key Wheel (I think) set the steering whheel, but it might be in FACTORY Settings (pass is 126 most of the time) and look in there

Maybe picture of unit will help. Dedicated for Mercedes W211.
Multimedia Unit W211

And screen from last time working
Screen
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)