1,447 posts
Thanks Meter: 5,160

By Malaysk, Senior Member on 24th May 2016, 11:22 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
24th September 2016, 02:35 AM |#1041  
Flag Toronto
Thanks Meter: 110

More
We did you a favor. I only wish I knew what I did now when I bought two of these units in March.
The Following User Says Thank You to sterod For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift sterod Ad-Free

24th September 2016, 04:39 AM |#1042  
Thanks Meter: 30

More
i agree with the unstable on the 6.5. Loaded everything up. The last thing I did and the only thing I did since it booted this morning was to add fastergps and write the gps.,conf fle. Went to the quickreboot button, bam very odd boot loop. It is not completely restarting, or completely starting somewhere inbetween in a loop.

Whats even stranger is that after erasing it, it started fine, but since the changes were not overwritten in gps.conf they were still there, but it booted? Something is weird with it.

I think a good way to handle this would be go back to 4 and introduce the changes 1 at a time that were added until 6. This would identify the problem better. Some of them are really nice. Wonder if we could talk maylaysk into it. I think it was just a case of too much at once to identify the problem easily.
24th September 2016, 08:35 AM |#1043  
Quote:
Originally Posted by TT_Vert

Ahh, we had this discussion before. So it's the MTCD limitation that is preventing multiple devices from being connected? That's a dealbreaker for me for sure. I need my phone and at least my radar detector bluetooth dongle to be connected.

Dave

Having your radar detector connected as a requirement, is that really a requirement? Is the detector concealed so you cant see the display or hear the warning/band tones? I know for my my V1 bt is available via valentine research interface is available but I dont see the requirement to route alerts via your head unit.
24th September 2016, 09:01 AM |#1044  
Flag Steinach
Thanks Meter: 12

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Malaysk

Okay guys, I'm tired of 4 months to do the firmware. At the moment I stop firmware development. If that will do it interesting, I'll post here. Good luck everyone. Thank you for your patience.

Hello Malaysk,
sorry to hear that.

Thanks for everything you did until now.
Take your rest, you have earned it!

I wish you best of luck!

And again: thanks for all the work and knowledge you put into these Units!
24th September 2016, 09:53 AM |#1045  
OP Senior Member

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sventastic

Hello Malaysk,
sorry to hear that.

Thanks for everything you did until now.
Take your rest, you have earned it!

I wish you best of luck!

And again: thanks for all the work and knowledge you put into these Units!

Thank you.
I made a lite version of the firmware, without any additional launcher - on the new Android-based by 31 August. But it will not spread. I need to first complete test. If there is a patient man, and who was a constant restart, send me a personal message - will be together test
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Malaysk For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Malaysk Ad-Free
24th September 2016, 11:53 AM |#1046  
Thanks Meter: 66

More
@Malaysk lite version as in no extra features like Xposed or quickreboot- just only FUSE
and integrated root?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
24th September 2016, 12:23 PM |#1047  
OP Senior Member

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by dongali

@Malaysk lite version as in no extra features like Xposed or quickreboot- just only FUSE
and integrated root?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

No.
Removed all launchers and unnecessary decorations. Everything else is left. Firmware was made from scratch. I download the firmware on the net (without installed programs - 18-22 seconds) The sound is excellent.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Malaysk For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Malaysk Ad-Free
24th September 2016, 01:28 PM |#1048  
Flag Eindhoven
Thanks Meter: 1

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Malaysk

No.
Removed all launchers and unnecessary decorations. Everything else is left. Firmware was made from scratch. I download the firmware on the net (without installed programs - 18-22 seconds) The sound is excellent.

Sounds like my kind of firmware! I only need gps/spotify and a decent amp.
24th September 2016, 02:01 PM |#1049  
Thanks Meter: 29

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by colostro

Hello, i have a MTCD_KD, tried to install this ROM and now my unit is blocked in recovery with "Block Device Required".
I tried to reinstall the original ROM, but nothing. What can I do?

Please help

Inviato dal mio Redmi Note 3 utilizzando Tapatalk
24th September 2016, 02:28 PM |#1050  
Thanks Meter: 30

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by colostro

Please help

upload everything again using rocktool and a laptop
The Following User Says Thank You to ptclabs For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift ptclabs Ad-Free
24th September 2016, 03:01 PM |#1051  
Thanks Meter: 29

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ptclabs

upload everything again using rocktool and a laptop

Thank you

Where Can i find rocktool?

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)