By Malaysk, Senior Member on 24th May 2016, 11:22 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
1st June 2016, 03:36 PM |#21  
Thanks Meter: 2

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Malaysk

I'll be watching this issue.
Tell me in detail where the problem? I took my phone and I have all united and all the phone book copied and running?

the main issue, is that other apps that would use bluetooth, such as 3rd party OBD2 apps, think BT is off on the unit. its as if BT is not flagged as on for most apps to see. The HU's internal BT app works fine, alont with the torque app, but any other app that would utilize BT think BT need to be enabled. if you hit "allow" for the app to tun BT on, the app hangs as it tries to enable BT.

other than that is the limited paring of specific devices. i can only pair phones, ipads, and OBD2 dongles. it wont pair my BT 10htz gps receiver.

1st June 2016, 03:41 PM |#22  
Flag Toronto
Thanks Meter: 110

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by whitetigerlgt

the main issue, is that other apps that would use bluetooth, such as 3rd party OBD2 apps, think BT is off on the unit. its as if BT is not flagged as on for most apps to see. The HU's internal BT app works fine, alont with the torque app, but any other app that would utilize BT think BT need to be enabled. if you hit "allow" for the app to tun BT on, the app hangs as it tries to enable BT.

other than that is the limited paring of specific devices. i can only pair phones, ipads, and OBD2 dongles. it wont pair my BT 10htz gps receiver.

In addition to this, it will only pair to the "knock off" ELM 327 OBD2 Dongles that actually have a Bluetooth name of "OBD". My OBDLink MX OBD2 Dongle will not pair, even though it is a superior device, solely because of its name. I have no idea what these engineers were thinking when they put in these restrictions.
1st June 2016, 03:57 PM |#23  
Thanks Meter: 2

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by sterod

In addition to this, it will only pair to the "knock off" ELM 327 OBD2 Dongles that actually have a Bluetooth name of "OBD". My OBDLink MX OBD2 Dongle will not pair, even though it is a superior device, solely because of its name. I have no idea what these engineers were thinking when they put in these restrictions.

My OBDLink MX pairs fine. change the HU's BT password from 0000 to 1234

---------- Post added at 10:57 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:51 AM ----------

concerning the BT enabled issue, if you go in to the Torque app, and go under adapter status, you will see Bluetooth Enabled status fluctuate from yes to no every couple seconds.
The Following User Says Thank You to whitetigerlgt For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift whitetigerlgt Ad-Free
1st June 2016, 04:12 PM |#24  
Flag Toronto
Thanks Meter: 110

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by whitetigerlgt

My OBDLink MX pairs fine. change the HU's BT password from 0000 to 1234

---------- Post added at 10:57 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:51 AM ----------

concerning the BT enabled issue, if you go in to the Torque app, and go under adapter status, you will see Bluetooth Enabled status fluctuate from yes to no every couple seconds.

Confirmed, thank you for posting this info. Little gold nugget of information.
1st June 2016, 05:48 PM |#25  
Thanks Meter: 25

More
Bluetooth connection
Malaysk, thanks so much for the custom ROM!

I'm having a more fundamental bluetooth problem: I can't connect to my phone. I've tried "auto" and "type 2." The HU can't see the phone (or any other device that might be around) and the phone can't connect to the HU. I suppose I should try "type 1" as well. I'm on a Nexus 6P 6.0.1.

I should mention that the connection was fine on the stock ROM (although not perfect, especially on calls).

Any ideas?

Edit: I reflashed, factory reset and it connects now! Thanks again Malaysk.
1st June 2016, 09:37 PM |#26  
Thanks Meter: 7

More
Guys can I install this ROM on my device?

device info
1st June 2016, 09:49 PM |#27  
Thanks Meter: 25

More
Using True Contacts doesn't seem to be working to dial numbers in the Bluetooth phone app. Is this how it's supposed to work?
1st June 2016, 11:35 PM |#28  
Thanks Meter: 4

More
This is great! Any eta on Spotify support via steering wheel controls? I tried doing in this ROM and it still didn't work.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using XDA-Developers mobile app[COLOR="Silver"]
2nd June 2016, 10:10 AM |#29  
Thanks Meter: 40

More
Anyone can confirm that Navigon is now working with this ROM?
(Problem: Navigating in wrong direction)

Gesendet von meinem SM-G935F mit Tapatalk
2nd June 2016, 03:24 PM |#30  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 5,149

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by pitu120

Guys can I install this ROM on my device?

device info

Yes you can. Only later, after installing the firmware, go to recovery and make Wipe Data (the second item from the bottom) You can get to the recovery????
2nd June 2016, 03:27 PM |#31  
Thanks Meter: 7

More
@Malaysk

Hmmmm I dont know. Where can I find information about update rom?
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)