[ROM][RK3188][HD] Malaysk ROMs for any yet known MTCD-Device

1,447 posts
Thanks Meter: 5,159

By Malaysk, Senior Member on 24th May 2016, 11:22 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
20th July 2016, 09:06 AM |#401  
Thanks Meter: 76

More
hi guys it seems that on Malaysk's rom (end of June)
Xtrons unit have several bugs:
- GO (tomtom) about network sensing;
- start up with 1024x600 res and come back to 800x660
- BT noises

Is the same for all owners of Xtrons PF75HGTA?

20th July 2016, 02:04 PM |#402  
Thanks Meter: 25

More
I have installed the latest ROM from Malaysk. Everything works fine as far as I'm aware except seemingly randomly (twice now) the buttons do not work. No steering wheel controls, no volume dial or nav button on the unit it's self. Only touch remote? I also notice that when this happens, the device is booting up twice. It sits booting saying "android" then it flashes what looks to be the home menu UI, then goes back another 10-15seconds on the android loading before booting finally. Only to have no buttons work. Anyone have any idea what is causing this?

I fixed it the first time doing a whipe of the cache from recovery but I'd obviously like to not have to delete all my apps and setup every day.
20th July 2016, 02:10 PM |#403  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 5,159

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by sterod

@Malaysk - it appears that Xposed is now working using a modded v86 install package. Can you possibly integrate this into V5?
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...9&postcount=14

I'm on vacation)) very far away ... coming soon and will do everything.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Malaysk For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Malaysk Ad-Free
20th July 2016, 02:11 PM |#404  
Flag Toronto
Thanks Meter: 110

More
Enjoy your vacation!
20th July 2016, 03:08 PM |#405  
Flag Montreal
Thanks Meter: 27

More
Malaysk, is it possible to update kernel to 3.4 or do something to improve USB-DAC compatibility ? So all sounds can comme out of USB to SPDIF adapter ?

Right now with a USB to SPDIF adapter, im able to get sound from apps like Neutron but not from OEM apps

Thanks !
20th July 2016, 04:35 PM |#406  
Honolulu, Hawaii
Thanks Meter: 752

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dec64

I have installed the latest ROM from Malaysk. Everything works fine as far as I'm aware except seemingly randomly (twice now) the buttons do not work. No steering wheel controls, no volume dial or nav button on the unit it's self. Only touch remote? I also notice that when this happens, the device is booting up twice. It sits booting saying "android" then it flashes what looks to be the home menu UI, then goes back another 10-15seconds on the android loading before booting finally. Only to have no buttons work. Anyone have any idea what is causing this?

I fixed it the first time doing a whipe of the cache from recovery but I'd obviously like to not have to delete all my apps and setup every day.

I noticed similar behavior yesterday as well. I powered the unit down completely and rebooted it and all was well
20th July 2016, 10:09 PM |#407  
Thanks Meter: 2

More
Registered to take a deep bow for the great work on MTCD already. It turns an already quite nice head unit into a beast of near-perfection. A custom boot animation matching my car manufacturer is the icing on the cake.

Now both this forum and the whole Head Unit world are new to me, so forgive me for not reading the entire backlog of various topics related to MTCB/D units. I was wondering if the reaction to a normal press on the power-button is fixed in hardware or can be controlled by software? For me, it would be an ideal feature if the press doesn't make the unit go to standby mode, but goes to the screen saver (which is a neat clock) instead. This is similar to the behaviour of factory nav units I know. Or am I overlooking and is this already configurable somehow?
20th July 2016, 11:38 PM |#408  
Thanks Meter: 9

More
Anyone know if the Joying 10.1 RK3188 units are capable flashing Malaysk MTCD ok?

Specifically this one :

https://www.carjoying.com/joying-eur...ooth-a2dp.html
21st July 2016, 12:17 AM |#409  
Thanks Meter: 575

More
Just check if it is mtcd. All mtcd have interchangeable ROM but not MCU...each headunit contains specific mcu board that shall be software uodated by a compatible firmware.
Checking version you will have
MTCD_xxx_yyyyy
Where xxx is the manufacturer for the mcu and yyyy ia the version of mcu
But in terms of Android ROM any MTCD can share the ROm (but not with MTCB)

Enviado desde mi D6603 mediante Tapatalk
21st July 2016, 12:59 AM |#410  
Thanks Meter: 9

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ikerg

Just check if it is mtcd. All mtcd have interchangeable ROM but not MCU...each headunit contains specific mcu board that shall be software uodated by a compatible firmware.
Checking version you will have
MTCD_xxx_yyyyy
Where xxx is the manufacturer for the mcu and yyyy ia the version of mcu
But in terms of Android ROM any MTCD can share the ROm (but not with MTCB)

Enviado desde mi D6603 mediante Tapatalk

Thanks, Im used to flshing MTCB units with Malaysk already, both rom and mcu. I know some units are no good due to issues accessing recovery, etc.

Im thinking of buying that specific unit, havent done so yet, hence asking specifically for that one
21st July 2016, 03:00 AM |#411  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
I just flashed the v4 ROM last night and apparently I missed that the ROM install does not alter the mcu. Is that recommended? I'm on 1.49 on a Joying right now.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)