Post Reply Email Thread
2nd August 2016, 11:29 PM |#501  
Flag Nijmegen
Thanks Meter: 85

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ikerg

Some strange .. if it is allwinner it is NOT a rockchip device as are all the MTCB and MTCD units here covered (rockchip rk3188)
So the manufacturer is not telling the truth.
You have to go to device information to see if it is a mtcd or not.

Edit --> it seems that your unit is covered by this forum
http://forum.xda-developers.com/andr...-ouku-t3230587

Enviado desde mi D6603 mediante Tapatalk

in the system info i see mcu 5.3.18, i have an account at 4pda (http://4pda.ru/forum/index.php?showtopic=721863&st=1560)
i have allready try some roms, but i want to upgrade to 5.1.1. I have mailed with the manufacturer about the mcu and he told me that it is a MTCD.
It should be possible to port a 5.1.1. rom to the R16 allwinner and rockchip rk3188.

3rd August 2016, 08:13 AM |#502  
Thanks Meter: 25

More
Another complete wipe of the system this morning on v5....very very annoying. Hopefully this can be solved soon?
3rd August 2016, 08:45 AM |#503  
Thanks Meter: 2

More
Maybe a nub question but I just want to be very sure before I root and rom.

I purchased and installed a Joying 5.1 Toyota (RK PX3 1.6GHz Cortex A9 Quad Core, Resolution 800*480)
I assume it is MTCD since it is 5.1.

Can I install this series of roms on my HU?
3rd August 2016, 12:33 PM |#504  
Thanks Meter: 5

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by zoppa

Could you please read this thread from the beginning and use the search? Don't get me wrong, but this is not the "ask basics and get a step by step walkthrough" department. Do your homework, as we all did as well.
Thank you.

Hi zappa, thanks for your kind advice. I already have read this thread from beginning but I didn't find answer to what I need to know, so I asked. If you would be so kind to point me to where I find answer for my question I would be very grateful to you. I also asked my seller where I bought this unit, but he couldn' t tell me, so I hoped I would find help on this forum, and not " smart" answers. After all, that what forums are for, right? ..discussions and support for others..". Thanks in advance for your upcoming assistance.
The Following User Says Thank You to mpalastea For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift mpalastea Ad-Free
3rd August 2016, 01:08 PM |#505  
Thanks Meter: 570

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by l0aded

Maybe a nub question but I just want to be very sure before I root and rom.

I purchased and installed a Joying 5.1 Toyota (RK PX3 1.6GHz Cortex A9 Quad Core, Resolution 800*480)
I assume it is MTCD since it is 5.1.

Can I install this series of roms on my HU?

Don't assume.
Just go to "device info > version info" and see by yourself.

3rd August 2016, 01:50 PM |#506  
Austin, TX
Thanks Meter: 74

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dec64

Another complete wipe of the system this morning on v5....very very annoying. Hopefully this can be solved soon?

Wow, I didn't realize it had such serious issues.
3rd August 2016, 04:41 PM |#507  
Honolulu, Hawaii
Thanks Meter: 752

More
Quote:

i'm not sure why you're having this problem, i've been running v5 clean flash since the day it was released and no issue in that regard.
3rd August 2016, 05:09 PM |#508  
Thanks Meter: 26

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ikerg

Don't assume.
Just go to "device info > version info" and see by yourself.

so ANY headunit, as long as it says MTCD, is applicable to these roms?
3rd August 2016, 06:15 PM |#509  
Thanks Meter: 570

More
Initially yes...but only the ROM...not the mcu because mcu is dependent on the letters after MTCD
In your case you will have MTCD_xxx_yyyy
Xxx is the manufacturer for the mcu....only mcus for the same manufacturer are interchangeable

3rd August 2016, 07:38 PM |#510  
Thanks Meter: 202

More
Quote:

Had the same problem just this morning. Stock to v5 install, no previous versions.

Sent from my A0001 using XDA Free mobile app
4th August 2016, 04:16 AM |#511  
Flag Toronto
Thanks Meter: 110

More
Wish List
Here are the following things that this ROM (and MTCD 5.1.1 devices in general) need to be perfect (in my opinion, of course)

1) The Bluetooth bug fixed which affects applications that communicate directly to BT devices that are NOT paired with the head unit. These apps are told that BT is off (when it isn't), and show a permission request popup to allow it to be turned on which results in the app hanging/crashing when selected. An example of this is an app named ALPConnect which I use for laser and radar warnings. This app communicates via BT directly to the BT dongle attached to my radar detector which is not (and should not) be paired with the head unit.

2) We need a way to backup and restore the radio station presets which for some stupid reason are stored in the MCU instead of an XML file on the NAND. Its ridiculous that the presets are lost any time you "touch" the MCU settings, such as by re-assigning steering wheel control keys, or accessing the factory service menu.

3) The JW SWC Service app modified so that it can pass on the steering wheel controls to any multimedia app, not just Poweramp. I use Doubletwist for my music and nothing I've tried has made it able to respond to the steering wheel controls, I think its the INTENT's that are wrong.

4) A 2-3 second shutdown override so that the head unit does not go into a "Shutting Down" state when the 12V Accessory power is temporarily lost, such as when cranking the ignition if the head unit was already on.
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to sterod For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift sterod Ad-Free
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)