Thanks Meter: 5,156

By Malaysk, Senior Member on 24th May 2016, 11:22 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
4th August 2016, 04:16 AM |#511  
Flag Toronto
Thanks Meter: 110

More
Wish List
Here are the following things that this ROM (and MTCD 5.1.1 devices in general) need to be perfect (in my opinion, of course)

1) The Bluetooth bug fixed which affects applications that communicate directly to BT devices that are NOT paired with the head unit. These apps are told that BT is off (when it isn't), and show a permission request popup to allow it to be turned on which results in the app hanging/crashing when selected. An example of this is an app named ALPConnect which I use for laser and radar warnings. This app communicates via BT directly to the BT dongle attached to my radar detector which is not (and should not) be paired with the head unit.

2) We need a way to backup and restore the radio station presets which for some stupid reason are stored in the MCU instead of an XML file on the NAND. Its ridiculous that the presets are lost any time you "touch" the MCU settings, such as by re-assigning steering wheel control keys, or accessing the factory service menu.

3) The JW SWC Service app modified so that it can pass on the steering wheel controls to any multimedia app, not just Poweramp. I use Doubletwist for my music and nothing I've tried has made it able to respond to the steering wheel controls, I think its the INTENT's that are wrong.

4) A 2-3 second shutdown override so that the head unit does not go into a "Shutting Down" state when the 12V Accessory power is temporarily lost, such as when cranking the ignition if the head unit was already on.
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to sterod For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift sterod Ad-Free

4th August 2016, 08:32 PM |#512  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Hi all,
to update from 4.4 to 5.1 I have black screen ... I'm no longer the recovery.
desperately need help. Thx

Edit.
on page 5 is the answer. it works again

there will be for the Eonon ga5165f also android 5.1?
5th August 2016, 06:25 AM |#513  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
i cant install the rom error please help
5th August 2016, 08:08 AM |#514  
Thanks Meter: 25

More
This is crippling now.

Started my car to travel to work this morning only to get the same thing. Android man saying "erasing" a reboot into "starting android apps 1/55" for it to finally load into a clean wipe.

I did do a Titanium Backup this time, and when I went to put the backup it said the devices ID had changed due to a factory reset or similar and I needed to change that back as well. There are some really bad issues atm:

1) Radio NEVER saves presets at all. always have to retune.

2) Random wipes of the entire device (with no obvious cause, All I did yesterday was install a new app, no root, system settings ect)

3)ODB bluetooth as reported already by many.

4)Startup options never seem to work. appears to boot into maps sometimes, sometimes not.

Also boot times are slow, including the time you have to wait for the UI to become responsive enough to use

Any at least have any fixes or advice on these issues? I may try reverting back to stock and see'ing if that helps.
5th August 2016, 01:49 PM |#515  
Flag Bavaria
Thanks Meter: 21

More
Can I change somehow the language of the autostart application? I don't know how to set up autostarts.

And is there any app to control spotify with wheelkeys?
5th August 2016, 02:15 PM |#516  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flockrock

Can I change somehow the language of the autostart application? I don't know how to set up autostarts.

And is there any app to control spotify with wheelkeys?

http://forum.xda-developers.com/andr...using-t3428930
5th August 2016, 03:30 PM |#517  
Flag Louisville, KY
Thanks Meter: 157

More
I installed Malaysk ROM V4 last night on a Joying MTCD 5.1, so far so good
5th August 2016, 05:26 PM |#518  
Account currently disabled
Thanks Meter: 869

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by sterod

Here are the following things that this ROM (and MTCD 5.1.1 devices in general) need to be perfect (in my opinion, of course)

1) The Bluetooth bug fixed which affects applications that communicate directly to BT devices that are NOT paired with the head unit. These apps are told that BT is off (when it isn't), and show a permission request popup to allow it to be turned on which results in the app hanging/crashing when selected. An example of this is an app named ALPConnect which I use for laser and radar warnings. This app communicates via BT directly to the BT dongle attached to my radar detector which is not (and should not) be paired with the head unit.

2) We need a way to backup and restore the radio station presets which for some stupid reason are stored in the MCU instead of an XML file on the NAND. Its ridiculous that the presets are lost any time you "touch" the MCU settings, such as by re-assigning steering wheel control keys, or accessing the factory service menu.

3) The JW SWC Service app modified so that it can pass on the steering wheel controls to any multimedia app, not just Poweramp. I use Doubletwist for my music and nothing I've tried has made it able to respond to the steering wheel controls, I think its the INTENT's that are wrong.

4) A 2-3 second shutdown override so that the head unit does not go into a "Shutting Down" state when the 12V Accessory power is temporarily lost, such as when cranking the ignition if the head unit was already on.

Regarding #3... how exactly are the SWC buttons handled? The proper way for these to be processed is as conventional key presses, then they'd be recognized by ALL applications, just as if they were generated via a USB keyboard.
5th August 2016, 05:27 PM |#519  
Flag Toronto
Thanks Meter: 110

More
I have no idea, I am not a programmer. What I posted was simply a wish list for those more gifted than I.
5th August 2016, 08:34 PM |#520  
Thanks Meter: 12

More
I'm experiencing the same random wipes. Spent hours yesterday setting everything up. When I started the car today the rom erased everything and reset itself to factory defaults...
5th August 2016, 09:41 PM |#521  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by nyogtha

I'm experiencing the same random wipes. Spent hours yesterday setting everything up. When I started the car today the rom erased everything and reset itself to factory defaults...

Sucks don't it? Make sure you use titanium back up, you can reset an reinstall your apps. Saves doing it all from scratch again i guess...
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)