[NEW][25/02/2024] Customization Tool [8.2.0] [Supports all android versions]

Search This thread

Ricky Divjakovski

Recognized Developer / Inactive RC
Feb 4, 2013
Sydney
Customization Tool 8.2.0 (All versions of android)

Download from my official website - Download
Note: There is a free and a paid version. Free version still works fine for most uses.

The only thing i request is that my software is not mirrored or uploaded anywhere else
Wanna create your own ROM? Check out my Android guides on Youtube Here

Latest changes-
  • Added full support for android 4.x.x, 5.x.x, 6.x.x, 7.x.x, 8.x.x, 9.x.x, 10.x.x, 11.x.x, 12.x.x and so on..
  • Fixed crashing
  • Improved logging
  • Redesigned unpacking method
  • Redesigned packing methon
  • Removed packing choices (only supports full)
  • Added vendor support
  • Added odm support
  • Added oem support
  • Added product support
  • Added system_ext support
  • Added bootvideo playback
  • Added meson1 support
  • Added support for boot.img with no ramdisk
  • Added support for system.img with ramdisk
  • Updated make_ext4fs source
  • Updated simg2img source
  • Updated img2simg source
  • Updated imgextractor
  • Changed to python 2 (minimal package)
  • Removed need to sign zip file
  • Added gunzipped logo support
  • Redesigned device tree blob unpacking method
  • Fixed boot animation FPS
  • Fixed boot animation label with size and FPS
  • Added better checks for success/failure
  • Fixed crash on non existing files in advanced tab
  • Fixed enable/disable bootvideo (creating blank lines)
  • Added updating display ID in product info
  • Added display build number in product info
  • Added display build ID in product info
  • Added display product in product info
  • Added is ramdisk in system in product info
  • Added added contains vendor in product info
  • Added vendor partition info in product info
  • Created update routine for vendor build.prop in product info
  • Added multi dtb in product info
  • Added gunzipped bootup.bmp in product info
  • Updated support the project button
  • Updated support email
  • Added online licensing system
  • Added vendor support for advanced
  • Extended remote configuration to (remote.conf and remote.cfg)
  • Fixed typos in code
  • Fixed apps not showing
  • Added multi selection for app removal
  • Fixed not clearing info when unpacking new firmware
  • Added support for embedded app directories ($app/$app.apk)
  • Now displays version number
  • Application is now installable
  • Added OTA updates for customization tool
  • Added DTB editor
  • Added Patch tab
  • Added Fix enter key bug patch
  • Added Install Widevine L3 netflix patch
  • AmlogicTools 8.x.x is now a paid software
  • New font/size
  • Fixed spinner bug
  • UI improvements
  • Multithreading improvements
  • Added add init.d patch
  • Added install Viper4Android patch

XDA:DevDB Information
AMlogic tools, Tool/Utility for the Android Stick & Console Computers

Contributors
Ricky Divjakovski

Version Information
Stable

Created 2018-05-07
Last Updated 2020-09-26

Attachments

• CustomizationTool.gif
    CustomizationTool.gif
    2.2 MB · Views: 295
Last edited:

Ricky Divjakovski

Feb 4, 2013
Sydney

Ive basically got the Customization Tool finished,will be uploaded in a few hours with fixed functions
Current changelog(V3.0.0)

-playing/changing bootanimation, changing wallpaper, unpacking(Level 1, Level 2 and Level 3 - used for storing raw bootanimation, wallpaper and logo),
-fixed splitting logo.PARTITION
-Bootanimation playback now shows dimensions + FPS,
-More info is shown in the info tab
-unpacking is significately faster
-added pack to flashable .zip

I still havent decided
-if im gonna allow the tool to repack to an AMLogic upgrade package
-if im going to implement the option to convery the recovery.img to a TWRP ported recovery.img

ErbDroid

Feb 25, 2018
Me again!!! Glad to subscribe to your second thread mate!
I dunno if I am happier about actually using the Poison ROM...... Or in fact, these tools here that let me get rid of amlogics cheap nasty undeveloped Asian $h!t ! ....I honestly don't know how THEY flash millions of units efficiently using their tool, i have always thought they must have there own tool at HQ or flash direct to chip before making there boxes!?
Anyways.... I no longer worry about that now! as I no longer dread plugging my amlogics into my PC anymore! (Usually a nervous time for ANYONE dealing with this software!) Thanks to this project!
I have been purely playing around now for last few hours since release..... My Verdict???
Sorry Ricky mate.... It ain't good...
Its f*%king GREAT!!!! WOW!!
I have been patiently waiting on the ROMS progress and thinking that's what I want!..."Hurry up with that bloody PC tool!" BUT... In fact, this has made me a lot happier! And I realise exactly how much this will shape the future for all amlogic users and how important this is to poison ROMs future!
This has twice the features I ever expected! I have realised how much work has gone into this project! I can only imagine! So when I get paid I will post a small donation for all this you give us, thank you!
*if only another 2 or 3 people would follow suit then Ricky can get another s912 unit sorted and help this guy develop the ROM we all enjoy* OH! AND actually let the poor guy use his own ROM!! Lol!
As I said on my first post on the other thread... I am a junior developer that discovered you and your work through googling ROM features I wanted/had planned to make, so I just wanted you to know that I hope to be the first ROM released using this software! (I have some great ideas!) (I'll have to PM the details over!)
And finally if there is ANYTHING I can do to help you or your projects move forward towards greatness...PLEASE let me know! Happy to test for you whilst you get the TV box sorted, I'm sure whiteteaks hands must be pretty full too!
THANK YOU!!!
P.S Im about to delete all amlogic programmes off of my PC!

Reactions: Ricky Divjakovski

Ricky Divjakovski

Feb 4, 2013
Sydney
Me again!!! Glad to subscribe to your second thread mate!
I dunno if I am happier about actually using the Poison ROM...... Or in fact, these tools here that let me get rid of amlogics cheap nasty undeveloped Asian $h!t ! ....I honestly don't know how THEY flash millions of units efficiently using their tool, i have always thought they must have there own tool at HQ or flash direct to chip before making there boxes!?
Anyways.... I no longer worry about that now! as I no longer dread plugging my amlogics into my PC anymore! (Usually a nervous time for ANYONE dealing with this software!) Thanks to this project!
I have been purely playing around now for last few hours since release..... My Verdict???
Sorry Ricky mate.... It ain't good...
Its f*%king GREAT!!!! WOW!!
I have been patiently waiting on the ROMS progress and thinking that's what I want!..."Hurry up with that bloody PC tool!" BUT... In fact, this has made me a lot happier! And I realise exactly how much this will shape the future for all amlogic users and how important this is to poison ROMs future!
This has twice the features I ever expected! I have realised how much work has gone into this project! I can only imagine! So when I get paid I will post a small donation for all this you give us, thank you!
*if only another 2 or 3 people would follow suit then Ricky can get another s912 unit sorted and help this guy develop the ROM we all enjoy* OH! AND actually let the poor guy use his own ROM!! Lol!
As I said on my first post on the other thread... I am a junior developer that discovered you and your work through googling ROM features I wanted/had planned to make, so I just wanted you to know that I hope to be the first ROM released using this software! (I have some great ideas!) (I'll have to PM the details over!)
And finally if there is ANYTHING I can do to help you or your projects move forward towards greatness...PLEASE let me know! Happy to test for you whilst you get the TV box sorted, I'm sure whiteteaks hands must be pretty full too!
THANK YOU!!!
P.S Im about to delete all amlogic programmes off of my PC!

Happy to hear the great feedback, this is a big learning curve for me aswell, prior to this i had no idea on assuming programatically generated algorithms, programatically copying byte by byte from hex address to hex address..
but all i can say is what a turn out!

My next mission is to create USB Burning tool with a much better/safer way of flashing, and unlike AMLogics USB burning tool, you will be able to select what partitions to flash

But first i wanna release PoisonRom V3.0 as im more then likely going to brick my device(possibly to an unrecoverable state)..
But this will be a stepping stone towards innovating AMLogic devices

EDIT: as i still dont have a working TV, i havent tested the flashing process of the compiled ROM, so if you could, within custom recovery just flash the ROM(ofcoarse taking a backup prior) and let me know the result, also prior to compiling into a flashable zip, try the change wallpaper option and see if everything goes sweet

Last edited:
Reactions: flipmode_11

ErbDroid

Feb 25, 2018
Happy to hear the great feedback, this is a big learning curve for me aswell, prior to this i had no idea on assuming programatically generated algorithms, programatically copying byte by byte from hex address to hex address..
but all i can say is what a turn out!

My next mission is to create USB Burning tool with a much better/safer way of flashing, and unlike AMLogics USB burning tool, you will be able to select what partitions to flash

But first i wanna release PoisonRom V3.0 as im more then likely going to brick my device(possibly to an unrecoverable state)..
But this will be a stepping stone towards innovating AMLogic devices

EDIT: as i still dont have a working TV, i havent tested the flashing process of the compiled ROM, so if you could, within custom recovery just flash the ROM(ofcoarse taking a backup prior) and let me know the result, also prior to compiling into a flashable zip, try the change wallpaper option and see if everything goes sweet

Hello again Ricky,
Sorry for the seemingly late reply, timezones! UK to OZ!!!
Well done!
No problem at all mate, I'm all backed up as per usual and ready to test V3 using your tools whenever your ROM is ready!!
Before it rolls out i could record the flash process so you can see it!! And I'll log it too and send over.
Now... First flash, to test it, you reckon I should flash stock firmware for my device quickly as it came with (previously) incompatible build?:
* 2GB/16GB-7.1.2 * ?
If not I can try with newer stock firmware, the newer build is actually version 7.1.1 for the device I have in mind (AlfaWise H96 Pro dongle) that is how I got on PoisonRom.

Oh! And congrats on Aroma!! Yeahhhhbuddyyyy!

Last edited:

Ricky Divjakovski

Feb 4, 2013
Sydney
Hello again Ricky,
Sorry for the seemingly late reply, timezones! UK to OZ!!!
Well done!
No problem at all mate, I'm all backed up as per usual and ready to test V3 using your tools whenever your ROM is ready!!
Before it rolls out i could record the flash process so you can see it!! And I'll log it too and send over.
Now... First flash, to test it, you reckon I should flash stock firmware for my device quickly as it came with (previously) incompatible build?:
* 2GB/16GB-7.1.2 * ?
If not I can try with newer stock firmware, the newer build is actually version 7.1.1 for the device I have in mind (AlfaWise H96 Pro dongle) that is how I got on PoisonRom.

Oh! And congrats on Aroma!! Yeahhhhbuddyyyy!

if your changing android version(eg. going from android 7.1.1 to 7.1.2) you must flash stock firmware with USB Burning tool or sd boot card maker, until i can find a way to bypass AMLogics ****ty security implemention(still unsure if bootloader or UBOOT or DTB)

I tested the flash option last night at my sisters house, seems like im getting the gist of this blind coding lol
it worked flawlessly

So in theory its as simple as using my customization tool to make your own custom ROM from stock firmware
Id still like to improve EXT4 FS handling a little better, i seen a good bunch of opensource tools for handling EXT4 FS in C#, only problem may be is that it has no documentation on if it supports compressed FS

Ricky Divjakovski

Feb 4, 2013
Sydney
Seems like my tools do it better, ill be updating CustomizationTool soon with big changes to the unpacker + the feature to verify if sha1 sums are correct on unpack
As you can see, my generates wayyyyy more files then standard customization tool
Im also gonna add re-pack to USB burn image and unpack update.zip(packed for recovery)

Untitled.png

Ricky Divjakovski

Feb 4, 2013
Sydney
Updating in within the next hour

Changes
-Customization tool performs partition verification checks on unpack
-Much faster and unpacking in customization tool
-Optimized code for customization tool

-Added new opensource tool - AMLUnpacker(executable and C# class)

Im not adding the abillity to repack as im unable to see how the first 4 bytes of the file generate the .img files CRC32 hash

Reactions: flipmode_11

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Program crashes at startup, running Windows 11.

Attached event logs, couldn't see/find any other generated logs
    Customization Tool 8.2.0 (All versions of android)

Download from my official website - Download
    Note: There is a free and a paid version. Free version still works fine for most uses.

The only thing i request is that my software is not mirrored or uploaded anywhere else
    Wanna create your own ROM? Check out my Android guides on Youtube Here

Latest changes-
    • Added full support for android 4.x.x, 5.x.x, 6.x.x, 7.x.x, 8.x.x, 9.x.x, 10.x.x, 11.x.x, 12.x.x and so on..
    • Fixed crashing
    • Improved logging
    • Redesigned unpacking method
    • Redesigned packing methon
    • Removed packing choices (only supports full)
    • Added vendor support
    • Added odm support
    • Added oem support
    • Added product support
    • Added system_ext support
    • Added bootvideo playback
    • Added meson1 support
    • Added support for boot.img with no ramdisk
    • Added support for system.img with ramdisk
    • Updated make_ext4fs source
    • Updated simg2img source
    • Updated img2simg source
    • Updated imgextractor
    • Changed to python 2 (minimal package)
    • Removed need to sign zip file
    • Added gunzipped logo support
    • Redesigned device tree blob unpacking method
    • Fixed boot animation FPS
    • Fixed boot animation label with size and FPS
    • Added better checks for success/failure
    • Fixed crash on non existing files in advanced tab
    • Fixed enable/disable bootvideo (creating blank lines)
    • Added updating display ID in product info
    • Added display build number in product info
    • Added display build ID in product info
    • Added display product in product info
    • Added is ramdisk in system in product info
    • Added added contains vendor in product info
    • Added vendor partition info in product info
    • Created update routine for vendor build.prop in product info
    • Added multi dtb in product info
    • Added gunzipped bootup.bmp in product info
    • Updated support the project button
    • Updated support email
    • Added online licensing system
    • Added vendor support for advanced
    • Extended remote configuration to (remote.conf and remote.cfg)
    • Fixed typos in code
    • Fixed apps not showing
    • Added multi selection for app removal
    • Fixed not clearing info when unpacking new firmware
    • Added support for embedded app directories ($app/$app.apk)
    • Now displays version number
    • Application is now installable
    • Added OTA updates for customization tool
    • Added DTB editor
    • Added Patch tab
    • Added Fix enter key bug patch
    • Added Install Widevine L3 netflix patch
    • AmlogicTools 8.x.x is now a paid software
    • New font/size
    • Fixed spinner bug
    • UI improvements
    • Multithreading improvements
    • Added add init.d patch
    • Added install Viper4Android patch

XDA:DevDB Information
    AMlogic tools, Tool/Utility for the Android Stick & Console Computers

Contributors
    Ricky Divjakovski

Version Information
    Stable

Created 2018-05-07
    Last Updated 2020-09-26
    Hi all, after a few medical issues and pc issues i now almot have my new build up and running, all thats left is a decently priced GPU, i may consider makig a return to amlogic!
    If anyone needs the donate version now that the original website domain expired, I've put backups up on some file hosts just to be safe:

⚠ I HAVE UPLOADED THE ZIP I DOWNLOADED DIRECTLY VIA RICKY'S SITE VIA GOOGLE CACHE. HIS SITE PROVIDED THE MEGA LINK, AND I DOWNLOADED DIRECTLY VIA THAT. I DO NOT OWN THIS SOFTWARE, I DID NOT VERIFY THIS SOFTWARE, ETC ⚠

Ricky's Website Project Downloads Page Via Google Cache:

Mega URL for a backup I re-uploaded:

Mega URL on the Google cached page from Ricky's site:

Google Drive:

gofile.io Link:

Direct Link via Gofile.io:

Also attatched to this post as well

Ive basically got the Customization Tool finished,will be uploaded in a few hours with fixed functions
    Current changelog(V3.0.0)

-playing/changing bootanimation, changing wallpaper, unpacking(Level 1, Level 2 and Level 3 - used for storing raw bootanimation, wallpaper and logo),
    -fixed splitting logo.PARTITION
    -Bootanimation playback now shows dimensions + FPS,
    -More info is shown in the info tab
    -unpacking is significately faster
    -added pack to flashable .zip

I still havent decided
    -if im gonna allow the tool to repack to an AMLogic upgrade package
    -if im going to implement the option to convery the recovery.img to a TWRP ported recovery.img
    A new version will come out soon, these will be branded AMLogic tools X and will support both android 9 and 10 with donate features.