FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[ROM] XTMod_EX (ROOT/XPOSED/TWRP/INIT.D) - UPDATED TO 3.0

3,046 posts
Thanks Meter: 473

By Xannytech, Retired Recognized Developer on 6th December 2016, 09:46 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
Hi to all, i'm an old and Retired XDA Rom developer, i hope someone remember me here recently i buyed a Mini M8S II, and i found some bugs, and i hate the customization so i looked into...

That's what i got... a superspeed rom, customized with all the new fixes and utility you need.

It's for Mini M8S II, but should work on any P212 Motherboard based TvBox, and some other with 2Gb of Ram, obviously i did not a test with all devices but you can read in forum.

Reported Working also on:
- Tanix TX5 Pro
- Mini MX + S905x 1Gb
- TX95
- TN95
- X96 this is the remote.conf
- Nexbox A5 2G/16G
- Nexbox A95x s905x 1g 8g
- and many others

Using a different device just remember to put the correct Remote.Conf in /system/etc ; in my custom rom /system/Media i gave to you a directory with some remote.conf i found around:
Code:
REMOTE INCLUDED TO BE COPIED IN /system/etc/ (give permissions 644):- Nexboxa5
- Nexboxa95x
- V88 Pro
- TanixTX5Pro
- X96
So this Rom is:
Code:
- Deodexed
- Zipaligned
- DeBloated
- Xposed Framework prebuilt in and activated
- Init.d support built-in
- Kodi bloated addon removed + Kodi/SPMC optimizations Built-in
- SuperSu updated to latest stable
- Many refinement and optimizations
- Selinux in Permissive mode
- SquareHome2 set has system launcher, you need to customize it by yourself, but i like it badly. ;)
App Removed:
Code:
- OpenWNN and relative libs 
- PPPoe 
- Filebrowser 
- Browser 
- Videoplayer

Bugfixes:

Code:
- USB keyboard ENTER bug corrected;
- RGB FIX go in Android settings/display/set colorspace choose RGB then Unplug and replug HDMI cable!
- Brightness bug fixed;
- R/W working;
- Wifi: i bougth a litte 6db gain antenna with cable(1,5 $) soldered it removing the ****ty antenna inside of the box.
 - Passthrough Fix  - Thanks Pharjister !Passthroughfix.apk Instructions: You had to go to android settings/more settings/apps privileges and turn on storage privileges then notifications and give it priority. Launch the app and use reboot button ad approve root privileges for it. From then on after rebooting wait until you hear the notification sound and check if the app has received root privileges. Normally it takes few seconds after the system is loaded. Sometimes you should reboot several times to complete the procedure.
Preinstalled apps:
NOTE: none of the apps included in my ROM it's pirated or modded: all free versions!
Code:
ADAway              You should not need to open it because hostfile is yet ready to block ADS
Chrome + Webview
Google Voice Search
SPMC 16
Netflix (Edit build.prop change service.bootvideo=0 for a unknown reason netflix in some country give error 0013 if that prop is setted to 1)
MxPlayer             In /system/Media there are the better codec from XDA Thread, just set it in preferences.
Total Commander + 3 useful plugins
YouTube
Terminal Emulator
BootManager (to be activated in Xposed installer)
XposedInstaller 3.11 + BootManager plugin
Reboot app
If you're scared to lose OTA updates, don't worry, if a update will come out i'll upload a new upgraded mod.

WARNING:
I'm not responsible and nor the forum that hosts my ROM is, of any damage or malfunction caused on your device, during the flash or the use of my ROM.
You'll take the responsibility of what you do.

My Roms cannot brick your device, but you can flashing it improperly. I'm not a chinese box help center i hope you'll understand what i mean

To burn my Rom you need Amlogic_USB_burning_tool_2.0.8 and a male to male USB cable, 1 male to your pc, the other on the usb port near the HDMI.
you can follow this guide: http://androidpcreview.com/how-to-use-the-amlogic-usb-burning-tool-to-manually-update-firmware/3749/
Or you can use Sd cardMaker and on terminal type reboot update though i prefer you'll use Usb flashing:

Amlogic Usb Burning tool 2.1.2:
https://mega.nz/#!i8pxACKC!EIP9DucLY...7-j3r-NKDBEjFs

TF/SD Burn Card Maker 2.0.3:
https://mega.nz/#!SowFiSID!mEk8gp5qN...xYS5xviDNSUdE8

XTMOD EX 3.0 standard version

RELEASE NOTE/MODIFICATION FROM PREVIOUS VERSION:

- Updated Google Play Services;
- Updated Google Play (market);
- New app list: - Amazon Prime;
- Adaway
- Aptoide (very useful sometimes, but be careful);
- Google Chrome;
- Google Calendar;
- Google Play Music;
- Google Play Videos;
- Google Voice Search;
- Terminal Emulator;
- MX Player;
- Netflix;
- SPMC;
- Total Commander;
- XposedInstaller + Youtube Adaway + BootManager Modules;
- Youtube.
All the apps are at the last version available during compilation.
- Fixed a stupid bug in kernel, it was just a typo;
- Some automatic script revised or removed;
- Pre-Setted some apps (Mxplayer, Xposed Total Commander and SQHome Launcher);
- New Bootlogo, New Bootvideo, New Bootanimation, New Wallpaper;
- Many thing very important that i forgot to write down (because pratically i ported my PERSONAL rom).
DOWNLOAD LINKS:
XTMOD 3.0 for TvBoxes with motherboard P212 with wifi chipset : AP62X2, AP4354, AP4356, AP6212, AP6212A, AP6255, AP6335, AP43458, AP6330, 8723xx (Bluetooth not working), 8188XX, 8189XX, 8192XX, 8812XX
If you have a 9377 wifi chip device flash the image, then after the first boot is complete, go to recovery and install this file:
- wifi 9377 twrp file

- XTMOD 3.0 for D4X16 Motherboard
Some new Mini M8SII comes out with a new motherboard, is green, there is a label D4X16, you can see that label just opening the device, for the one and just for the one with such motherboard, do not flash it on normal Mini M8SII.

- XTMOD 3.0 for NexBox A95x 2/16 (should work also for 1/8) repacked by ssarava9 with remote power functional.
(in message #1887 he posted a description of what he did to eventually try yourself)

For the users that got Google Play Bug i prepared a zip to be flashed trough twrp.
I tested myself but let me know if all it's ok
XTMOD3_MARKETFIX

NOTE: I WILL NOT REPLY TO STUPID QUESTION ABOUT WICH WIFI CHIP MY DEVICE HAS AND SIMILAR GOOGLE IT'S YOUR BEST FRIEND

PLEASE DO NOT USE THIS ON NORMAL MINI M8SII OR YOU'LL BRICK YOUR DEVICE.
Enjoy!

If you like my works and would you like to offer me a beer or a coffe or simply a sign of appreciaton for me: SEND ME A DONATION
The Following 68 Users Say Thank You to Xannytech For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Xannytech Ad-Free

6th December 2016, 10:36 PM |#2  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
Hi, impressive job. well done. Is there a way to upgrade without a windows pc?
6th December 2016, 11:45 PM |#3  
OP Retired Recognized Developer
Flag Rome

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by nowaard

Hi, impressive job. well done. Is there a way to upgrade without a windows pc?

Yes, i hope tomorrow i'll upload a zip version
7th December 2016, 12:20 PM |#4  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xannytech

Yes, i hope tomorrow i'll upload a zip version

My first cup of cofee has been sent to you!
The Following User Says Thank You to nowaard For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift nowaard Ad-Free
7th December 2016, 01:26 PM |#5  
Flag Rome

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by nowaard

My first cup of cofee has been sent to you!

ZIP file added, let me know.
EDIT: better not to use the zip cause 1 user found an error in the updater script, i will investigate and i'll repost a zip file ASAP maybe next week, i have too much project opened now. sorry.
The Following User Says Thank You to Xannytech For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Xannytech Ad-Free
8th December 2016, 12:07 PM |#6  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xannytech

ZIP file added, let me know.
EDIT: better not to use the zip cause 1 user found an error in the updater script, i will investigate and i'll repost a zip file ASAP maybe next week, i have too much project opened now. sorry.

I have used it! and It works like a charm. The process takes some time but it ends well. I've used a USB instead of SD card.
Thanks a lot.
8th December 2016, 01:33 PM |#7  
Flag Rome

Donate to Me
More
Thanks a lot for your support and your report
The Following User Says Thank You to Xannytech For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Xannytech Ad-Free
8th December 2016, 05:32 PM |#8  
Flag Doneck
Thanks Meter: 6

More
Zip version for twrp?
Quote:

Workaround for Brightness bug

details can be?
8th December 2016, 06:46 PM |#9  
Flag Rome

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by DenisDeneck

Zip version for twrp?

details can be?

Few dirty tricks with the brightness, nothing more, it's a problem of colorspace unavoidable if your TV hasn't the right setting.
8th December 2016, 07:40 PM |#10  
Flag Rome

Donate to Me
More
Some Updates:
I got some freetime today so i checked the zip... ok i understand what appened... 7zip for a strage reason used an old script that could cause some issue.
During that examination i add very nice (but untested) feature to my zipfile script. So now it copy the old (i hope working) remote.conf from /system/etc/ copying back at the end of the flashing.
But i removed the device chek so please if you flash that zip in a uncompatible device it's not my fault
TWRP:
I decided to add TWRP Recovery by default, work well but you need a wired mouse to operate with recovery...

Everything online!
Enjoy
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Xannytech For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Xannytech Ad-Free
10th December 2016, 08:42 PM |#11  
Flag Rome

Donate to Me
More
Update:
I checked v109Fw from VONTAR for MINI M8S+ it's IDENTICAL to V106 so it's a VONTAR custmization of the V106 fw it has just the USB Kb fix and a fix in Kodi setting yet in mine custom, so there is nothing new, and something in setting.apk that seem lightly different.
So i will not work on a custom rom of it, it has no upgrade in system, no upgrade in fixes.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
custom rom minim8sii, firmware, mini m8s ii, s905x, tv box

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)