FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[ROM] XTMOD-ATV X96 Max - GT1 and some U211 devices - S905X2 Android 8.1 [Android TV]

3,043 posts
Thanks Meter: 469

By Xannytech, Retired Recognized Developer on 21st January 2019, 05:32 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
So it's Android Tv time.
It's a frankenfirmware, so there is not a clear base, i adapted it to X96 Max and GT1 Mini devices but it shoud run on many other device based on U211 motherboard so S905X2.
Probably if it's not clearly meant for your device you'll have to change the remote config file in vendor/etc., and you'll get some lack on functionality on led or accessory devices, you have just to test it, but be careful:

WARNING:
I'm not responsible and nor the forum that hosts my ROM is, of any damage or malfunction caused on your device, during the flash or the use of my ROM.
You'll take the responsibility of what you do.
My Roms cannot brick your device, but you can flashing it improperly. I'm not a chinese box help center i hope you'll understand what i mean

Apks included:
  • Opengapps Atv
  • App Drawer from LineageOs
  • Totalcommander
  • Magiskmanager
  • Aptoide ATV
  • Netflix
  • Kodi
  • VLC
  • AmazonPrime Video for atv though it doesn't work on level 3 devices
Then you know me is optimized, tweaked and tested, i personnaly use these firmwares.

Known Bugs:

- X96 Max 2/16: Youtube native app gives greenish video, it's a core problem of this device i hope manufacturer will solve this in short.

This is not a real bug but a lack of these low cost devices:
Amazon Prime doesn't start cause lacking of Level 1 Widevine certification.

Flash it with Amlogic Usb Burning Tools 2.1.6.8: load the fw, then, after the file check is completed click start, plug the usb male to male cable in the blu usb (3.0) and wait for completion.

XTMOD Android TV 3 Changelog:
- Fixed Android Tv remote App;
- Fixed Chromecast;
- Fixed Webview little bug;
- Fixed wrong link to Netflix app
- Removed Chrome in favor of Firefox for Android TV;
- Updated many Android Tv apps;
- Updated Magisk root to 18.1 and app to v 7; (reboot once to activate it)
- Standard Topbar and Navbar are present but not visible swipe up swipe down (some users asked me for that);
- as the previous version double click on home button brings up recent app;
- Reverted back remote behaviour to power off instead to sleep.
- Fixed AOSP keyboard disappearing on some languages;
- Generic.kl reverted to stock due some user complaining (i use an airmouse);
- Huge changing in framework...i used some dirty tricks... but it's better;
- Many things i forgot to note in the process.

- it's pratically a whole new release, so some new bug it's possible

Download Links:
NOTE:
If you woul like to report bug, issue ot whatever, write clearly which device and do not ask for things that are not included in actual Amlogic sources, i can do something but i cannot create gold without lead

Enjoy!
If you like my works and would you like to offer me a beer a coffe, a new pc or a sign of appreciation :
The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to Xannytech For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Xannytech Ad-Free

21st January 2019, 11:29 PM |#2  
Thanks Meter: 9

More
Flashing was correct. Rom loaded properly, yet during configuration I am not able to go to pairing mod by pressing Back and Home buttons of my remote for 6, 7, 8 or whatever seconds I wait. I tried different buttons configurations with same luck. I am able to escape from this screen to go trough google configuration and after introductions screens system is preparing my home screen and at the end returning to pairing mod screen when I should press those buttons I am stacked. My device is x96 max 4/64. Help
22nd January 2019, 07:52 AM |#3  
OP Retired Recognized Developer
Flag Rome

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by rsteelion

Flashing was correct. Rom loaded properly, yet during configuration I am not able to go to pairing mod by pressing Back and Home buttons of my remote for 6, 7, 8 or whatever seconds I wait. I tried different buttons configurations with same luck. I am able to escape from this screen to go trough google configuration and after introductions screens system is preparing my home screen and at the end returning to pairing mod screen when I should press those buttons I am stacked. My device is x96 max 4/64. Help

You don't need to pair IR remote, the initial setup it's for other kind of remote, just press back then approve also google location services, probably it's disabled by you, normal behaviour in this case.
The Following User Says Thank You to Xannytech For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Xannytech Ad-Free
22nd January 2019, 08:31 AM |#4  
Thanks Meter: 9

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xannytech

You don't need to pair IR remote, the initial setup it's for other kind of remote, just press back then approve also google location services, probably it's disabled by you, normal behaviour in this case.

OK. That is probably it Yet, could you do something about those location services to be controlled by the user/admin not by the system? Just not to be mandatory to use this ROM. I just do not like something is not fully control by me Is Selinux in permissive mod in here as same as in normal XTMOD? What about other tweaks and tricks? Will you be preparing some changelog for it? Thank you Xanny, it looks very promising. I will test it with pleasure.
22nd January 2019, 09:10 AM |#5  
Flag Rome

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by rsteelion

OK. That is probably it Yet, could you do something about those location services to be controlled by the user/admin not by the system? Just not to be mandatory to use this ROM. I just do not like something is not fully control by me Is Selinux in permissive mod in here as same as in normal XTMOD? What about other tweaks and tricks? Will you be preparing some changelog for it? Thank you Xanny, it looks very promising. I will test it with pleasure.

It's the official google setup, i can just try to avoid wrong user choice pre modding user data, they want you to approve locations so they will not reccommend you movies for the wrong region.

Yes the fw has permissive mode and is magisk rooted.
The Following User Says Thank You to Xannytech For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Xannytech Ad-Free
22nd January 2019, 05:58 PM |#6  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
Hi friend, after (hope proper) flashing my ☓ 96 Max 2/16I have not signal on my TV.. I try to change hdmi in, try to flash again and try flash factory fw and nothing happend.. Only no signal.. I have signal on my device display , have boot after that I have clock on display, but I haven't signal on TV.. Do you have some suggestion? Thank you and best regards
P. S. Burnig tool show me that flashing is ok and flashed
22nd January 2019, 11:51 PM |#7  
Flag Rome

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by deki032

Hi friend, after (hope proper) flashing my ☓ 96 Max 2/16I have not signal on my TV.. I try to change hdmi in, try to flash again and try flash factory fw and nothing happend.. Only no signal.. I have signal on my device display , have boot after that I have clock on display, but I haven't signal on TV.. Do you have some suggestion? Thank you and best regards
P. S. Burnig tool show me that flashing is ok and flashed

i tested every firmwares and i know they work properly. So something happened during flash if you own a X96Max 2/16 you should have downloaded this firmware: XTM_X96_2_16_ATV_1_0 .img
If the firmware is correct we have to check:
Amlogic burning tool 2.1.6.8

and the parameters used during flash:
leave them as the program propose without unthicking anything, then click start and connect your device.

If nothing helps honestly dunno cause the fw is working right now on my device
23rd January 2019, 04:44 AM |#8  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xannytech

i tested every firmwares and i know they work properly. So something happened during flash if you own a X96Max 2/16 you should have downloaded this firmware: XTM_X96_2_16_ATV_1_0 .img
If the firmware is correct we have to check:
Amlogic burning tool 2.1.6.8

and the parameters used during flash:
leave them as the program propose without unthicking anything, then click start and connect your device.

If nothing helps honestly dunno cause the fw is working right now on my device

I do it everything as you describe it, fw is correct, burning tools also, downloaded earlier (i can't download it from your link), didn't unthick anything.. Have no errors during flashing, show everything is ok, flash is done.. Only unusual for me is when connect device on my pc I heard multiple sound of connect and disconnect, but burning tool don't give me any errors.. Look my friend it's ok, i have no doubt in your fw and it's my choice to try it, sometimes bad things just happen.. I count on your experience, suppose that you see many things whit devices and maybe you can help me.. Best regards
23rd January 2019, 07:41 AM |#9  
Thanks Meter: 2

More
Work for me, X96 max ram 4gb, thank @Xannytech. Very smooth, beautiful interface, not personalized, everything works well
The Following User Says Thank You to xmannv For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift xmannv Ad-Free
23rd January 2019, 08:39 AM |#10  
Flag Rome

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by deki032

I do it everything as you describe it, fw is correct, burning tools also, downloaded earlier (i can't download it from your link), didn't unthick anything.. Have no errors during flashing, show everything is ok, flash is done.. Only unusual for me is when connect device on my pc I heard multiple sound of connect and disconnect, but burning tool don't give me any errors.. Look my friend it's ok, i have no doubt in your fw and it's my choice to try it, sometimes bad things just happen.. I count on your experience, suppose that you see many things whit devices and maybe you can help me.. Best regards

If everything gone well, it must works ... The only question now: is your tv resolution?
23rd January 2019, 08:51 AM |#11  
Thanks Meter: 2

More
@Xannytech: A minor bug: on the favorite, although it removed the favorites or arranged the application personally, but when reboot, the application will return to the same way.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
amlogic, android tv rom, custom firmware, s905x2, xannytech

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)