[T95Z PLUS] Amlogic customisation thread (Firmwares, Mods, Recoveries, Etc)

Search This thread
D

Deleted member 2358282

When we first install TWRP we get the unmodified partition screen....What should we select there?

D

Deleted member 2358282

All I remember was abselction to keep read only...not sure

---------- Post added at 08:34 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:33 PM ----------

All I remember was a keep read only button

---------- Post added at 08:35 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:34 PM ----------

And something about being able to still allow updating

Ricky Divjakovski

Recognized Developer / Inactive RC
Feb 4, 2013
Sydney
All I remember was abselction to keep read only...not sure

---------- Post added at 08:34 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:33 PM ----------

All I remember was a keep read only button

---------- Post added at 08:35 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:34 PM ----------

And something about being able to still allow updating

you do not wanna keep system read only.

lenkosmrk

Jul 29, 2016
Hi.
Is there tool to pack files (SD upgrade metod) in image for USB Burning tool upgrading metod?
I have confidence and good expirinece in usb upgreading with that app.
Customization tool for nougat dosen't exist.

I have bad expirience with upgrading via network.

Thanks for answer.

Ricky Divjakovski

Feb 4, 2013
Sydney
Hi.
Is there tool to pack files (SD upgrade metod) in image for USB Burning tool upgrading metod?
I have confidence and good expirinece in usb upgreading with that app.
Customization tool for nougat dosen't exist.

I have bad expirience with upgrading via network.

Thanks for answer.

I have a ROM skeleton that can flash your upgrade through TWRP recovery, I'll upload it later, simply unpack the firmware with customisation tool, drag and drop the system folder into the .zip and rename boot.partition to boot.img and throw that inside the .zip too
There is no longer ANY need for USB burning tool.
With this method you can backup your device before flashing so if something does go wrong your device is completely recoverable

D

Deleted member 2358282

Has anyone had trouble with a wireless KeyBoard with the 7.1.2 software? I could not get the Enter key to work with most apps, especially browsers....so typing in addresses was useless..

Tried a Keyboard remapping app I saw because this was an issue in 7.1.1 and voila

External Keyboard Helper Pro

Last edited by a moderator:

john_semple

Jan 9, 2012
I've got a T95Zplus on the way (3GB/32GB version) I guessing these are one of the better android boxes and from what I can gather you can customize the firmware? (I've had a few android boxes before but never customised any so the whole custom firmware will be new to me)

papla83

May 13, 2012
toulon
Hello every body. How can I be sure to have a 32gb 3gb version? For example, can I try to test my ram with some apps like memtest on pc? Or maybe can I try to fill the space available on my box with somes large files to be sure it isn't a upgraded (fake) 3gb 32g version likes the SD card buy in China for 10$ to 128gb? What do you think about it?

ZeroZorro

Nov 24, 2008
Hello every body. How can I be sure to have a 32gb 3gb version? For example, can I try to test my ram with some apps like memtest on pc? Or maybe can I try to fill the space available on my box with somes large files to be sure it isn't a upgraded (fake) 3gb 32g version likes the SD card buy in China for 10$ to 128gb? What do you think about it?
CPU-Z should be able to give you that info (and more... ;)

Ricky Divjakovski

Feb 4, 2013
Sydney
Has anyone had trouble with a wireless KeyBoard with the 7.1.2 software? I could not get the Enter key to work with most apps, especially browsers....so typing in addresses was useless..

Tried a Keyboard remapping app I saw because this was an issue in 7.1.1 and voila

External Keyboard Helper Pro
Can also edit generic.kl file and change key 26 from dpad down to enter

Ricky Divjakovski

Feb 4, 2013
Sydney
I've got a T95Zplus on the way (3GB/32GB version) I guessing these are one of the better android boxes and from what I can gather you can customize the firmware? (I've had a few android boxes before but never customised any so the whole custom firmware will be new to me)
Thats because noone was able to get recoveries, make proper flashable roms etc until like 2 weeks ago when I put 100% effort into this project

Reactions: papla83

papla83

May 13, 2012
toulon
Hey every one. Just a little feedback about the test of my t95z plus 3gb 32gb in 1073.
Every tests are OK the built in storage is truly a 32gb (I fill it with no error to be sure) and the ram seems to be 3gb too (I use an app named fill memory to simulate a full memory use) and I do a memtest with no errors.
At this time we are 3 people with the same box 3gb 32gb in 1073 stock rom and for us and our box the only TWRP working is for the 2gb 16gb and the only rom booting is for 2gb 16gb too.

---------- Post added at 08:37 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:37 AM ----------

Hey every one. Just a little feedback about the test of my t95z plus 3gb 32gb in 1073.
Every tests are OK the built in storage is truly a 32gb (I fill it with no error to be sure) and the ram seems to be 3gb too (I use an app named fill memory to simulate a full memory use) and I do a memtest with no errors.
At this time we are 3 people with the same box 3gb 32gb in 1073 stock rom and for us and our box the only TWRP working is for the 2gb 16gb and the only rom booting is for 2gb 16gb too.

whiteak

Jan 29, 2018
Gold Coast

I'm thinking it is because you are still on the 7.1.1 firmware, do a twrp backup, and then flash the stock 7.1.2 through the USB Burning Tool , flash twrp and then try and flash the custom 3/32 rom.

Stock 7.1.2 and the USB Burning Tool can be downloaded here:

https://mega.nz/#F!650ClYYK!_z59kpdp4GFfOUDCxzAiAg

papla83

May 13, 2012
toulon

I'm thinking it is because you are still on the 7.1.1 firmware, do a twrp backup, and then flash the stock 7.1.2 through the USB Burning Tool , flash twrp and then try and flash the custom 3/32 rom.

Stock 7.1.2 and the USB Burning Tool can be downloaded here:

https://mega.nz/#F!650ClYYK!_z59kpdp4GFfOUDCxzAiAg

OK thanks. The only one things afraid me about that it's if the box don't restart after USB flashing have we got a solution or not?
And second point where can I found the good wire to do that?

whiteak

Jan 29, 2018
Gold Coast

Ricky Divjakovski

Feb 4, 2013
Sydney
Uploading POISON ROM now!
Also i found another way to implement init.d without kernel modification
Heres a sneekpeek of what to expect along with blazing fast performance and a crapload of apps removed, roms only 450mb.
28275151_566192413750111_1727693017_o.png

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    This is just a little thread ive made to share details, support, roms, etc for the T95Z Plus.

Guide to making a rom
    Wanna create your own ROM? Check out my Android guides on Youtube right Here

Firmware
    7.1.2 for the 3/32GB T95Z variant

Flash instructions
    1.Use the USB burning tool.

Recovery
    So far we have a working recovery(TWRP) thanks to @rrvuhpg
    You can download it from HERE for the 2/16GB T95Z variant(Mirrored and renamed custom-recovery.img for the sake of flashing instructions)
    HERE for the 3/32GB T95Z variant(Mirrored and renamed custom-recovery.img for the sake of flashing instructions)

Flash instructions
    1. Download ADB and install it on your pc(not explaining this, there are 5 second installers) then open a command prompt in the directory of the custom recovery
    2. Enable USB debugging, go to settings>about and click build number about 10 times, then go back to the main settings menu and you will see developer options, enter it and check allow USB debugging.
    3. Connect to your device via IP address. go to settings>about>status and get your IP address. it should be something like 192.168.25.19
    4. In CMD type the following commands, replace YOURIPADDRESS with the address we got from step 3
    Code:
     adb connect YOURIPADDRESS
    adb push custom-recovery.img /sdcard/
    adb shell su -c dd if=/sdcard/custom-recovery.img of=/dev/block/recovery
    adb reboot recovery

ADDITIONAL
    To revert, Download the stock recovery from HERE and do step 4 again, this time replacing custom-recovery.img with stock-recovery.img
    Code:
     adb connect YOURIPADDRESS
    adb push stock-recovery.img /sdcard/
    adb shell su -c dd if=/sdcard/stock-recovery.img of=/dev/block/recovery
    adb reboot recovery

Modified Launcher
    Heres a modified sunvell launcher i made, the UI is ugly when you first get the device so this makes it alot smoother, custom wallpapers are currently semi working so i didnt include it in this version.
    But heres what it will look like.
    Screenshot_20180113-015022.png

Custom launcher download

Instructions-
    1. Place on device
    2. Rename the file SunvellWin8Launcher.apk
    3. Place the file in /system/app/SunvellWin8Launcher/ and overwrite the existing SunvellWin8Launcher.apk
    4. Set the permissions to 644(rw-r-r)
    5. Reboot

ADDITIONAL
    To revert follow the same steps but with the stock launcher

Stock launcher download

Init.d
    Here is a recovery flashable zip file that enables init.d support.

Amlogic Init.d enabler download

Instructions
    1. Place on device
    2. Reboot into TWRP recovery
    3. Flash the Init.d-Injector-v1.6-T95Z.zip file
    4. Reboot into system and enjoy init.d

More to come soon, i have alot of fixes like statusbar, dark kodi, internet speed etc i will upload when stable.
    Here is the link to my google drive T95Z PLUS folder, catch the latest mods and updates HERE first
    Uploading POISON ROM now!
    Also i found another way to implement init.d without kernel modification
    Heres a sneekpeek of what to expect along with blazing fast performance and a crapload of apps removed, roms only 450mb.
    28275151_566192413750111_1727693017_o.png
    A quick update, we are moments away from releasing the first .zip flashable ROM for the T95Z plus
    Keep an eye out for POISON ROM!
    Its almost done!
    CONFIRMED! We have a working recovery flashable rom for the T95Z plus! :D
    Mission complete!!