MK808B Plus TV Stick error '403 Forbidden' when downloading from XDA?

Search This thread

acrawle3

Oct 30, 2019
Hello,
Wondering if you can help please? I'm relatively new to XDA labs so hoping i have the correct forum?

I looking to download an XDA app to my recently purchased TV Stick 'MK808b plus' I have created an XDA account and can successfully download apps to both my Xiaomi M1 A1 phone and also an old Android Hudl Tablet. However, I'm having major problems downloading XDA apps to my Andriod TV Stick (MK808b plus).

I'm specifically after the AAGatway app on the device which I intend to use as a slave to allow wireless connectivity to Android Auto. However, despite many attempts to download this (and any other XDA app) to the TV Stick I receive a pop-up error "Download Failed! Something went wrong".

NOTE: I can install apps from the play store to the stick so it's appears to be something specific to XDA and the interaction with the TV Stick? I've cleared all cache and even reset the device but it makes no difference. The download appears to start but then fails with the error after circa 10 seconds giving a pop-up error "Download Failed! Something went wrong".

I have managed to grab the below from the log files. The log entries are created at the time of an attempted app download form XDA so I presume the entries are linked to the failed download;

11-08 08:57:24.754 I/DownloadManager( 2921): Download 8 starting
11-08 08:57:24.804 W/DownloadManager( 2921): Aborting request for download 8: Unhandled HTTP response: 403 Forbidden
11-08 08:57:24.844 I/DownloadManager( 2921): Download 8 finished with status 403

Has anyone come across this before? I'm probably missing something obvious The author of AAGateway app notes he's used an MK808b stick as the slave for wireless Android auto so I presume it's possible to download from XDA to the TV stick?

Apologies for my naivety but hoping someone can point me in the right direction?
thanks in advance.
acrawle3

Marcus38

Feb 15, 2020
Conseguiste instalarlo?

Hola que tal, has conseguido instalar aagateway app en la tv stick?

Hello,
Wondering if you can help please? I'm relatively new to XDA labs so hoping i have the correct forum?

I looking to download an XDA app to my recently purchased TV Stick 'MK808b plus' I have created an XDA account and can successfully download apps to both my Xiaomi M1 A1 phone and also an old Android Hudl Tablet. However, I'm having major problems downloading XDA apps to my Andriod TV Stick (MK808b plus).

I'm specifically after the AAGatway app on the device which I intend to use as a slave to allow wireless connectivity to Android Auto. However, despite many attempts to download this (and any other XDA app) to the TV Stick I receive a pop-up error "Download Failed! Something went wrong".

NOTE: I can install apps from the play store to the stick so it's appears to be something specific to XDA and the interaction with the TV Stick? I've cleared all cache and even reset the device but it makes no difference. The download appears to start but then fails with the error after circa 10 seconds giving a pop-up error "Download Failed! Something went wrong".

I have managed to grab the below from the log files. The log entries are created at the time of an attempted app download form XDA so I presume the entries are linked to the failed download;

11-08 08:57:24.754 I/DownloadManager( 2921): Download 8 starting
11-08 08:57:24.804 W/DownloadManager( 2921): Aborting request for download 8: Unhandled HTTP response: 403 Forbidden
11-08 08:57:24.844 I/DownloadManager( 2921): Download 8 finished with status 403

Has anyone come across this before? I'm probably missing something obvious The author of AAGateway app notes he's used an MK808b stick as the slave for wireless Android auto so I presume it's possible to download from XDA to the TV stick?

Apologies for my naivety but hoping someone can point me in the right direction?
thanks in advance.
acrawle3