[KERNEL] FiiO X5iii custom kernel (RK3188) | 2016MHz | ZRAM | ZCACHE | AROMA

41 posts
Thanks Meter: 13

By jkbuha, Member on 13th May 2019, 10:09 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
24th November 2019, 07:18 PM |#11  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Hello, i have a problem when installing kernel: "set_perm: some changes failed". In log file:
Installing Init.d Scripts
package_extract_file: can't open /system/etc/init.d/10Sqlite for write: No such file or directory
package_extract_file: can't open /system/etc/init.d/20Zipalign for write: No such file or directory
package_extract_file: can't open /system/etc/init.d/30FSTweak for write: No such file or directory
package_extract_file: can't open /system/etc/init.d/40EXT4Tweak for write: No such file or directory
package_extract_file: can't open /system/etc/init.d/50ReniceTimer for write: No such file or directory
package_extract_file: can't open /system/etc/init.d/55GoogleDrainFix for write: No such file or directory
package_extract_file: can't open /system/etc/init.d/60Main for write: No such file or directory
package_extract_file: can't open /system/etc/init.d/98SuperSUDaemon for write: No such file or directory
package_extract_file: can't open /system/etc/init.d/99AutoReboot for write: No such file or directory
package_extract_file: can't open /system/bin/renice.sh for write: No such file or directory
set_perm: chown of /system/etc/init.d/10Sqlite to 0 0 failed: No such file or directory
set_perm: chmod of /system/etc/init.d/10Sqlite to 0 failed: No such file or directory
script aborted: set_perm: some changes failed
set_perm: some changes failed

Installer Error (Status 7)
28th November 2019, 11:13 PM |#12  
Thanks Meter: 69

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by jkbuha

Dear xda community

Any queries, comments etc - please shout

Hi I just order my fiio x5iii generation and im looking into TWRP, Root, and I want to install viper4android into the latest firmware if possible because I heard they got rid of it. I see your program to install TWRP and the kernel but what about rooting do you know if Magisk or Supersu will root and is viper4android able to be installed? I would really appreciate any help. Thank You I look forward to using your Kernel and TWRP. Should I stay on the first firmware also. My main goal is viper4android 2.3.4 with high quality driver and magisk if possible.
29th November 2019, 03:25 PM |#13  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by fl1p17

Thanks a lot for your work, jkbuha. Some friends also have the Fiio X5 iii and they all use your Kernel now. The Player is much smoother and faster.
I use the 1704 MHz version. For me its the best compromise of speed and battery lifetime.
With the 2016 MHz version my player gets very hot. Does your player also generate so much heat with this version?

Hi, Im new to fiio x5iii player but ive rooted and flashed tons of android phones. Im getting lost in all the directions online. If I have a brand new never updated fiio x5 player how would you recommend going about things? Should I flash TWRP and the kernel without updating the firmware? Im trying to get Twrp, Root, Kernel, and Viper4android 2.3.4 installed I know the fiio music has some viper options you have to pay for but id rather get all of them with 2.3.4 installed.
29th November 2019, 11:28 PM |#14  

More
I would really appreciate some help. I've never used a high resolution player. I've rooted a dozen Androids and I know they can all have differences so that's why I'm curious.

Here's my plan

Install twrp from the 2.6 windows zip on stock firmware that's on it when I get it.
Make a backup
Flash SuperSU
Make another backup with root.
Install viper4 Android apk not zip
Install BusyBox

If there's some specific firmware I should be on for twrp to flash properly I would like to know.
If I want to upgrade firmware do I need to reinstall stock recovery or can I just update it using the update tool?
30th November 2019, 03:00 PM |#15  
OP Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Speniopantollor

Hello, i have a problem when installing kernel: "set_perm: some changes failed". In log file:
Installing Init.d Scripts
package_extract_file: can't open /system/etc/init.d/10Sqlite for write: No such file or directory
package_extract_file: can't open /system/etc/init.d/20Zipalign for write: No such file or directory
package_extract_file: can't open /system/etc/init.d/30FSTweak for write: No such file or directory
package_extract_file: can't open /system/etc/init.d/40EXT4Tweak for write: No such file or directory
package_extract_file: can't open /system/etc/init.d/50ReniceTimer for write: No such file or directory
package_extract_file: can't open /system/etc/init.d/55GoogleDrainFix for write: No such file or directory
package_extract_file: can't open /system/etc/init.d/60Main for write: No such file or directory
package_extract_file: can't open /system/etc/init.d/98SuperSUDaemon for write: No such file or directory
package_extract_file: can't open /system/etc/init.d/99AutoReboot for write: No such file or directory
package_extract_file: can't open /system/bin/renice.sh for write: No such file or directory
set_perm: chown of /system/etc/init.d/10Sqlite to 0 0 failed: No such file or directory
set_perm: chmod of /system/etc/init.d/10Sqlite to 0 failed: No such file or directory
script aborted: set_perm: some changes failed
set_perm: some changes failed

Installer Error (Status 7)

Sounds like the /system partition didn't mount properly or you're out of free space. Try and mount it manually in TWRP and see if you can free some space and/or run the installer again
30th November 2019, 03:04 PM |#16  
OP Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Techguy777

Install twrp from the 2.6 windows zip on stock firmware that's on it when I get it.
Make a backup
Flash SuperSU
Make another backup with root.
Install viper4 Android apk not zip
Install BusyBox

If there's some specific firmware I should be on for twrp to flash properly I would like to know.
If I want to upgrade firmware do I need to reinstall stock recovery or can I just update it using the update tool?

Yes that approach is correct (the custom kernel also includes busybox so that last step is redundant). However V4A doesn't work system-wide on any FiiO firmware; you'd need to play around with the audio_policy.conf to make it work, and if you do I'd be happy to integrate your work into the latest kernel as an option install. Just be mindful of the loss in audio fidelity; you'd probably be better off using Neutron as I've explained on the head-fi forum.

TWRP works on all FiiO firmwares. For audiophiles, the recommended firmware is 1.2.3 (latest is 1.2.5) as the audio libraries seem to be the best though you can select which library you want in the custom kernel installer.

To upgrade firmware you need to install stock recovery. FiiO's update tool doesn't work with TWRP, which is understandable.
30th November 2019, 06:46 PM |#17  

More
Quote:

Yes that approach is correct (the custom kernel also includes busybox so that last step is redundant). However V4A doesn't work system-wide on any FiiO firmware; you'd need to play around with the audio_policy.conf to make it work, and if you do I'd be happy to integrate your work into the latest kernel as an option install. Just be mindful of the loss in audio fidelity; you'd probably be better off using Neutron as I've explained on the head-fi forum.

TWRP works on all FiiO firmwares. For audiophiles, the recommended firmware is 1.2.3 (latest is 1.2.5) as the audio libraries seem to be the best though you can select which library you want in the custom kernel installer.

To upgrade firmware you need to install stock recovery. FiiO's update tool doesn't work with TWRP, which is understandable.

Awesome I cant wait to get started. Its sounds like the fiio is pretty good for rooting and modding. If I can just install twrp and then if I want to update later use your tool to reinstall stock recovery to update it sounds pretty good.
If I can get viper to work ill let everyone know. Its fine if I lose fidelity a little for one backup then ill keep one with stock to go back to if I want.
The Following User Says Thank You to Techguy777 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Techguy777 Ad-Free
30th November 2019, 11:38 PM |#18  

More
Quote:

How does viper effects sound in the fiio music app? I've installed it on my phone and it's weird no music will play on it. I see that it has every setting I like except for headphone surround sound. My favorite settings are gain , clarity, dynamic system or bass but usually dynamic system, and headphone surround sound is all I need anyway. Wonder why they didn't include that. I also don't understand how it'll know you paid for the settings if you uninstall it or flash a new firmware. I paid for 2 day shipping and it hasn't even shipped yet cause of the holidays I can't wait.
1st December 2019, 11:22 AM |#19  
OP Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Techguy777

How does viper effects sound in the fiio music app? I've installed it on my phone and it's weird no music will play on it. I see that it has every setting I like except for headphone surround sound. My favorite settings are gain , clarity, dynamic system or bass but usually dynamic system, and headphone surround sound is all I need anyway. Wonder why they didn't include that. I also don't understand how it'll know you paid for the settings if you uninstall it or flash a new firmware. I paid for 2 day shipping and it hasn't even shipped yet cause of the holidays I can't wait.

FiiO Music is hard wired to play only on FiiO Players. Which of course is understandable. I'm sure someone could figure out to hack it if it's really worthwhile...

Viper on FiiO Music sounds the same as you'd expect on other players
The Following User Says Thank You to jkbuha For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift jkbuha Ad-Free
1st December 2019, 12:43 PM |#20  

More
Quote:

FiiO Music is hard wired to play only on FiiO Players. Which of course is understandable. I'm sure someone could figure out to hack it if it's really worthwhile...

Viper on FiiO Music sounds the same as you'd expect on other players

Thats what i thought that the fiio app is probably hackable and if someone could do so its possible it would play on all androids without root maybe. Do you have a copy of the stock kernel by itself unrooted? I like to have a clean copy of everything. Also after flashing twrp and kernel what does "reset device" do does it go into twrp or reboot and wipe device?

I found a stock firmware 1.1.0 and got the boot img out of that. I cant find a firmware for 1.0.9 on fiios firmware its just a pdf manual and it says 1.0.9 but it isnt or purist rom 1.0.9 has been removed from all the links.

---------- Post added at 12:43 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:59 AM ----------

I dont know if you guys know it but poweramp and neutron play DSD files on android. Matter of fact they play the top 256 no problem. This is new to me so im not sure if its the same. 512 is only on 5 songs so thats not necessary and 1024 doesn't exist yet.
9th December 2019, 07:07 PM |#21  

More
If anyone has the first firmware the fiio came on or a copy of the boot img aka kernel in a backup I would take that to. We might be able to get magisk to work maybe I think its not true but im willing to try. 1.0.9 firmware has been removed from the fiio site and no one has a copy there rumours that the early kernel can be rooted with magisk but we need a copy so if anyone can help out please do thank you. If we get magisk running it would be possible to systemless get viper to work system wide. That doesnt mean it'll work with Fiio stock sound though it might just sound the same as a phone with viper because thats what it does with bluetooth but bluetooth isnt setup like headphones on the fiio the bluetooth always sound the same in my opinion. Im over the codecs they dont sound any different I havent tried LDAC though. No bs either I dont want some kid to come on here and say I got it and it worked but im not going to give you the kernel cause we know your lying and I hear that every day on XDA because if anyone did do it they would be bragging they figured it out.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
#rk3188 #fiio #lollipop

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)