[KERNEL] FiiO X5iii custom kernel (RK3188) | 2016MHz | ZRAM | ZCACHE | AROMA

42 posts
Thanks Meter: 14

By jkbuha, Member on 13th May 2019, 10:09 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
9th December 2019, 07:07 PM |#21  
Thanks Meter: 79

More
If anyone has the first firmware the fiio came on or a copy of the boot img aka kernel in a backup I would take that to. We might be able to get magisk to work maybe I think its not true but im willing to try. 1.0.9 firmware has been removed from the fiio site and no one has a copy there rumours that the early kernel can be rooted with magisk but we need a copy so if anyone can help out please do thank you. If we get magisk running it would be possible to systemless get viper to work system wide. That doesnt mean it'll work with Fiio stock sound though it might just sound the same as a phone with viper because thats what it does with bluetooth but bluetooth isnt setup like headphones on the fiio the bluetooth always sound the same in my opinion. Im over the codecs they dont sound any different I havent tried LDAC though. No bs either I dont want some kid to come on here and say I got it and it worked but im not going to give you the kernel cause we know your lying and I hear that every day on XDA because if anyone did do it they would be bragging they figured it out.
18th December 2019, 07:33 PM |#22  
Thanks Meter: 79

More
A heads up guys this kernel will not work if you go over 1400mhz. It will freeze and lock up everytime. Its not very safe and if I was you I would do what I do and stay on stock. This isnt a game you can hard brick your device with bad software. But most likely you end up with hours of restoring just to have it happen again. I can appreciate the effort but this is not new he knows it messes up and he blames it on your device being poor quality. It happens to everyone dont listen your device is fine. THanks anyway though love the effort.
20th December 2019, 12:52 AM |#23  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
Thanks for your work! My x5iii has drastically improved! However, I do have some questions. Is this an overclock? Is this something that's considered harmful over long periods of time? Also, I followed your instructions by first installing twrp and installing the custom kernel via bootloader mode. How do I install fidelizer? Do I just follow the standard steps? Thanks!
The Following User Says Thank You to straubreyyy For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift straubreyyy Ad-Free
20th December 2019, 06:40 PM |#24  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 14

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by straubreyyy

Thanks for your work! My x5iii has drastically improved! However, I do have some questions. Is this an overclock? Is this something that's considered harmful over long periods of time? Also, I followed your instructions by first installing twrp and installing the custom kernel via bootloader mode. How do I install fidelizer? Do I just follow the standard steps? Thanks!

Thanks! So a few points:

RK3188's have a default clockspeed of 1800MHz. However the actual proper clockspeed for the FiiO will depend on the other passive components on the board. FiiO downclocked the max speed to 1416MHz however I've found that quite a good range of these players support clockspeeds of 1704 and even 2016 (some can get even higher but they are very rare to find).

Fidelizer is easy to install - the developer has created a great update.img that you can install just using the normal FiiO windows tool. However you'll probably need to reinstall twrp and my kernel again on top of fidelizer. I don't recall if the latest version (1.2.5) overwrites all partitions but let me know if so!
10th January 2020, 07:50 PM |#25  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
This sw works great for me, so I want to say thanks for it.

It improved responsiveness for me, I was thinking about selling my X5, but after installing this sw I decided to keep the X5 for now.

I did have one question.
I'm using bluetooth, and when I'm out walking I get a lot of glitches with bluetooth in aptX.
Was wondering if there is anyway to turn off aptX?

I enabled developer mode, but there are no bluetooth options that I could see there.

Thanks
Randy
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
#rk3188 #fiio #lollipop

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)