FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[ROM][5.0.2] Unofficial CyanogenMOD 12 for MK808B-Plus - WeTek Gift

535 posts
Thanks Meter: 409

By Christian Troy, Senior Member on 22nd January 2015, 08:33 PM
Post Reply Email Thread

Release notes

Hello guys, I guess most of you have noticed that, right now, I'm just working on WeTek products (and couldn't be anything different since I really like doing this kind of stuff for them).
To prove you that WeTek Electronics cares about community and since we don't have any AMLogic S805 product, we decided to make users of MK808B-Plus happy by releasing a CyanogenMOD 12 build for them.

Userspace and kernel code has been upgraded to Amlogic's Lollipop SDK dated 2015-01-31 (they removed Widevine DRM support in Lollipop so apps like Play Movies won't be able to stream, I'm sorry).

First install instructions

* As really first thing I suggest you to flash stock "109k4" rom using "AMLogic Burning Tools" in case you're not already using that ROM or Finless' 1.1.
* Grab CWM from here, unzip it and copy "recovery.img" file to a MicroSD.
* Power off your device and unplug the AC power cord.
* Get the latest available ROM and GAPPS version from the links below and copy them to a MicroSD card.
* Now insert the MicroSD card in your HDMI stick.
* Plug the AC power cord while you keep pressed the little reset pinhole (located on the top left of the device) until you see the "Google TV" logo.
* Once the device has booted to recovery perform a factory reset and flash the ROM's zip for first followed by the GAPPS zip.
* Reboot and enjoy CyanogenMOD brought to you by WeTek.

Update instructions

* Get the latest available ROM and GAPPS version from the links below and copy them to a MicroSD card.
* Now insert the MicroSD card in your HDMI stick.
* Enable "Developer options" following this tutorial and from it enable the "Reboot to recovery" option.
* Bring up power menu by keeping F5 (if you have a keyboard plugged in) and select "Reboot -> recovery", otherwise use the pinhole method adove.
* Once the device has booted to recovery flash the ROM's zip for first followed by the GAPPS zip.
* Reboot and enjoy your updated CyanogenMOD.

Downloads

* ROM 2015-04-19
* GAPPS 2015-01-07 (LITE)
The Following 19 Users Say Thank You to Christian Troy For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Christian Troy Ad-Free
22nd January 2015, 08:35 PM |#2  
OP Senior Member
Flag Venice (IT)

Donate to Me
More
Reserved for later use
The Following User Says Thank You to Christian Troy For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Christian Troy Ad-Free
23rd January 2015, 12:25 AM |#3  
Flag Pescara - Adriatic coast
Thanks Meter: 24

More
My God! You said it and you have done it! This little beast with Lollipop! Couldn't even imagine this happening when I decided to go for Aml 805!!!!!
Thanks a lot!
The Following User Says Thank You to vn800art For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift vn800art Ad-Free
23rd January 2015, 07:08 AM |#4  
OP Senior Member
Flag Venice (IT)

Donate to Me
More
Who used one of the tablet that I used to support better (a lot of Allwinner A10/A31 and Amlogic 8726-MX) knows that if there's a way to make it, I will find it
23rd January 2015, 07:31 PM |#5  
Flag Dallas
Thanks Meter: 192

More
First off let me say this is amazing. I bought this little thing last week and in that time you have brought 2 amazing roms. Thank you so much!

My question is are there any benefits to 5.0? I realize it is newer and has improvements, but I fail to see what it actually adds to a device like this.
The Following User Says Thank You to me_is_rushin For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift me_is_rushin Ad-Free
23rd January 2015, 08:06 PM |#6  
OP Senior Member
Flag Venice (IT)

Donate to Me
More
Beauty, after using a full material design rom, holo is so damn ugly to me.
The Following User Says Thank You to Christian Troy For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Christian Troy Ad-Free
26th January 2015, 01:47 PM |#7  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Hi everyone!

I want to ask if there is a way to set up this ROM as an Android TV one, using for example the GAPPS for ATV or if I need a specific Android TV Rom. Thank you!
26th January 2015, 06:04 PM |#8  
OP Senior Member
Flag Venice (IT)

Donate to Me
More
You need a specific build, there are some things that have to be configured at build time.
3rd February 2015, 11:36 PM |#9  
Flag Edi
Thanks Meter: 13

More
Hi Christian

Is possible change default framebuffer 1280x720 to 1920x1080 ?
4th February 2015, 07:02 AM |#10  
OP Senior Member
Flag Venice (IT)

Donate to Me
More
No.
7th February 2015, 12:40 PM |#11  
Thanks Meter: 39

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Christian Troy

No.

Hi Christian,

I flashed this on my MXQ S85 (same m201 board and SoC), it seems to work quite well already, thanks a lot!

A few things I noticed:
- Only 2 of 4 cores show up in Android, not sure why.
- The driver for wired Ethernet seems to be missing in the kernel, is there a chance to recompile the kernel with that?

//Update
In adb I can see this during Antutu benchmark:
<5>[ [email protected]] CPU1: shutdown
<7>[ [email protected]] CTS_CPU_CLK 1536 --> 1250 (MHz)
<7>[ [email protected]] CTS_CPU_CLK 1250 --> 768 (MHz)
<7>[ [email protected]] CTS_CPU_CLK 768 --> 1536 (MHz)
<7>[ [email protected]] CTS_CPU_CLK 1536 --> 768 (MHz)
<7>[ [email protected]] CTS_CPU_CLK 768 --> 384 (MHz)
<7>[ [email protected]] CTS_CPU_CLK 384 --> 1536 (MHz)
<4>[ [email protected]] CPU1: Booted secondary processor
<7>[ [email protected]] -----hotplug:2
<4>[ [email protected]] IRQ93 no longer affine to CPU1
<5>[ [email protected]] CPU1: shutdown
<7>[ [email protected]] CTS_CPU_CLK 1536 --> 384 (MHz)
<7>[ [email protected]] CTS_CPU_CLK 384 --> 768 (MHz)
<7>[ [email protected]] CTS_CPU_CLK 768 --> 1536 (MHz)
<4>[ [email protected]] CPU1: Booted secondary processor
<4>[ [email protected]] CPU3: Booted secondary processor

Does that mean it completely shuts down the cores that are not in use and removes them the user's visibility?
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)