FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

Anyway to root and custom ROM with cs918 plus

250 posts
Thanks Meter: 57

By ISITBRICKED, Senior Member on 4th March 2015, 07:42 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
Just ordered one of these just wondering if they are rootable and if theres any custom ROM support. Browsed this forum didn't see anything so quessing no but thought I'd ask. Thanks.

Sent from my SGH-M919 using XDA Free mobile app

6th April 2015, 04:05 AM |#2  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
There are few on other web sites, most command that either remote isnt working or wifi malfunction.
I also just ordered 2days ago, any chance chamge to 3 foot power socket?
20th June 2015, 11:34 AM |#3  

More
Hi,

The device is rooted by default.
Still waiting for custom rom. Seems it will take a time.

Can anyone please provide me with a backup of a stock recovery image to cs918 plus? I have replaced the original one with TWRP and now I cannot update the device with new firmware because I cannot find the stock recovery anywhere.
You can easy make a backup copy of stock recovery with Flashify app then put it into the internet and give me a link so I can download it and flash it into my CS918 plus.
Thanks in advance guys!
Please help
20th June 2015, 07:36 PM |#4  
OP Senior Member

More
I can't upgrade my firmware either cuz I can't even figure out how to get into recovery, I'll get you a copy of stock recovery when I am home tomorrow.

Sent from my unknown using XDA Free mobile app
21st June 2015, 12:10 PM |#5  

More
To flash a new firmware use that instruction:

To get a new firmware type in google: "csrk3288p 20150609", enter the link location and download the file from the web site.
(Unfortunately I cannot put the exact link because I am a new user)

Then put the unpacked downloaded file into the main directory of your external sd card (/mnt/external_sd/) and change the file name from t031_8723bs_CSQ_splaire_20150609.img on update.img.
Then turn on the device but first hold down the button at the bottom of device and keep holding it until you willl get into recovery or install the "Reboot recovery" app.
Then you can choose "data/factory reset" but you don't have to - be careful that will erase all your apps and data installed but will not erase your external sd card.
Then choose "update rkimage from external storage" to flash new firmware.

PS. To navigate in recovery I'm using external keyboard connected to one of USB ports.

If you will have any troubles just ask.

I would be grateful for the stock recovery image for CS918 PLUS device.
24th June 2015, 07:32 PM |#6  
Developer Committee / Senior Moderator / Recognized Developer / Did Atlantis Exist ?
Atlantis
Thanks Meter: 9,150

Donate to Me
More
Does anyone know if there even is a Source drop for this device ? What methods are used to flash a new rom/firmware ?

I don't have the device but can look at the code.
25th June 2015, 07:44 AM |#7  
Thanks Meter: 3

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Perseus

Does anyone know if there even is a Source drop for this device ? What methods are used to flash a new rom/firmware ?

I don't have the device but can look at the code.

I don't have the firmware of cs918 plus, but I know how to flash the firmware. I think the procedure is same with cs918 and all rockchip based android tv box.

Using the RKBatch Tool to flash the firmware.
1. Connect to your computer with micro usb cable when device is off
2. Hold reset and power on
3. If one of connected device turn green, browse to the firmware (*.img)
4. Press "Restore" button and wait. Remember "Restore" button, not "Upgrade"
27th June 2015, 11:10 AM |#8  

More
Does anyone can provide me with stock recovery image?
30th June 2015, 01:38 AM |#9  
OP Senior Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by grzesior

Can't you pull the recovery from the firmware update IMG? I figured out how to update firmware from SD card but used a app called reboot to get into recovery because there's no button on the bottom of my device. That firmware from 0609 called splaire is horrible as is the 2nd newest firmware. I with I had never updated mine it was better before...

I just spent an hour trying to get the recovery for u using flashify, it says it backed it up to SD card but its nowhere to be found on it, it says it backed up to dropbox but the folder it created on Dropbox is empty... Any other way to backup the recovery for u?
2nd July 2015, 12:50 AM |#10  
OP Senior Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by grzesior

Here you go bro

https://www.dropbox.com/s/bfbu0d1r5z...s918p.img?dl=0

6th July 2015, 06:46 AM |#11  

More
Perfect!
Thank you very much. Works well.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)