FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA
Honor 7x
Win an Honor 7X!

[App] Cast Receiver app for Android

486 posts
Thanks Meter: 325
 
By HomerSp, Retired Recognized Developer on 10th October 2014, 10:28 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
15th October 2014, 03:38 PM |#11  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 72
 
More
I'm casting from a LG G3 and the Google Play services is on version 6.1.74
How can I send you the logcat? Can you PM me your email address?
 
 
15th October 2014, 05:08 PM |#12  
Senior Member
Flag Illinois
Thanks Meter: 295
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by rkirmeier

I'm casting from a LG G3 and the Google Play services is on version 6.1.74
How can I send you the logcat? Can you PM me your email address?

You can attach the logcat to your post, or use something like pastie.org or pastebin.com
15th October 2014, 06:59 PM |#13  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 72
 
More
Log attached to this post.
Attached Files
File Type: txt 2014-10-15-07-55-50.txt - [Click for QR Code] (76.4 KB, 73 views)
15th October 2014, 08:15 PM |#14  
HomerSp's Avatar
OP Retired Recognized Developer
Flag Stockholm
Thanks Meter: 325
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by rkirmeier

Log attached to this post.

Am I right in assuming that's from your phone? I would need one from the receiver (your X8) because the sender wouldn't output any logging if there was anything wrong, but the receiver will
15th October 2014, 08:35 PM |#15  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 72
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by HomerSp

Am I right in assuming that's from your phone? I would need one from the receiver (your X8) because the sender wouldn't output any logging if there was anything wrong, but the receiver will

That is correct. I'll work on getting the log from my minix and tablet tonight as they both have the receiver installed and do the same thing.
16th October 2014, 01:09 AM |#16  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 72
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by HomerSp

Am I right in assuming that's from your phone? I would need one from the receiver (your X8) because the sender wouldn't output any logging if there was anything wrong, but the receiver will

Minix log attached...

Thanks!
Attached Files
File Type: txt 2014-10-15-18-04-22.txt - [Click for QR Code] (50.2 KB, 47 views)
16th October 2014, 11:46 AM |#17  
HomerSp's Avatar
OP Retired Recognized Developer
Flag Stockholm
Thanks Meter: 325
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by rkirmeier

Minix log attached...

Thanks!

Okay, I know why it happens now, but not the reason unfortunately. Do you think that you would be able to get a new log when you restart the media shell service? You should be able to connect to the Minix through the local network using ADB Konnect (https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...abs.adbkonnect). Simply run ADB Konnect on the device and start the connection, then from your computer run:
adb connect <ip>
adb logcat

From another terminal run:
adb shell am force-stop com.google.android.apps.mediashell
adb shell am startservice -n com.google.android.apps.mediashell/.MediaShellCastReceiverService

The problem is that the signature that is used for device authentication is empty for some reason, and your log doesn't say why (the signature is generated when the service is first started).
16th October 2014, 04:26 PM |#18  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 72
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by HomerSp

Okay, I know why it happens now, but not the reason unfortunately. Do you think that you would be able to get a new log when you restart the media shell service? You should be able to connect to the Minix through the local network using ADB Konnect (https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...abs.adbkonnect). Simply run ADB Konnect on the device and start the connection, then from your computer run:
adb connect <ip>
adb logcat

From another terminal run:
adb shell am force-stop com.google.android.apps.mediashell
adb shell am startservice -n com.google.android.apps.mediashell/.MediaShellCastReceiverService

The problem is that the signature that is used for device authentication is empty for some reason, and your log doesn't say why (the signature is generated when the service is first started).

I'm mostly new to adb other then a dozen or so roots I have applied (by guide) so I'm not sure if I'm doing something wrong here or what. I can connect from both computers and on the device I enter logcat then replies with "- waiting for device -". I know I"m connected because if I try to connect again it says I'm already connected. From the other computer I get the same response for logcat and when I enter your other commands to stop/start the service I get "error: device offline"

Any ideas to work around these issues? I would really like to get you the logs as it seems to be a common issue.
16th October 2014, 04:39 PM |#19  
HomerSp's Avatar
OP Retired Recognized Developer
Flag Stockholm
Thanks Meter: 325
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by rkirmeier

I'm mostly new to adb other then a dozen or so roots I have applied (by guide) so I'm not sure if I'm doing something wrong here or what. I can connect from both computers and on the device I enter logcat then replies with "- waiting for device -". I know I"m connected because if I try to connect again it says I'm already connected. From the other computer I get the same response for logcat and when I enter your other commands to stop/start the service I get "error: device offline"

Any ideas to work around these issues? I would really like to get you the logs as it seems to be a common issue.

Is USB debugging enabled on the Minix? Settings > Developer options > USB debugging should be ticked.
16th October 2014, 04:59 PM |#20  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 72
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by HomerSp

Is USB debugging enabled on the Minix? Settings > Developer options > USB debugging should be ticked.

I confirmed USB Debugging is enabled. Wouldn't this be required to even make the connection?
16th October 2014, 05:10 PM |#21  
HomerSp's Avatar
OP Retired Recognized Developer
Flag Stockholm
Thanks Meter: 325
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by rkirmeier

I confirmed USB Debugging is enabled. Wouldn't this be required to even make the connection?

I'm not sure, I mostly use adb over a USB connection. But you are probably right.
Did you say you had the same problem using a Note running cm? Would you be able to connect it through usb to your computer and run those adb commands? Make sure you run adb disconnect first.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)
Message:
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes