Post Reply Email Thread
16th October 2014, 04:10 PM |#21  
OP Retired Recognized Developer
Flag Stockholm
Thanks Meter: 324

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by rkirmeier

I confirmed USB Debugging is enabled. Wouldn't this be required to even make the connection?

I'm not sure, I mostly use adb over a USB connection. But you are probably right.
Did you say you had the same problem using a Note running cm? Would you be able to connect it through usb to your computer and run those adb commands? Make sure you run adb disconnect first.

16th October 2014, 04:13 PM |#22  
Thanks Meter: 72

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by HomerSp

I'm not sure, I mostly use adb over a USB connection. But you are probably right.
Did you say you had the same problem using a Note running cm? Would you be able to connect it through usb to your computer and run those adb commands? Make sure you run adb disconnect first.

Yes, same issue on the Note 12.2. I'll try it on the note tonight.
16th October 2014, 04:41 PM |#23  
Flag Stockholm

More
Quote:

Yes, same issue on the Note 12.2. I'll try it on the note tonight.

You could get the log from the device without using adb as well, just start the log (using catlog or similar), go in to Settings > Apps > All > Android Media Shell and click Force stop. Then go to Settings > Date & time and uncheck and check automatic date & time (or if it's already unchecked, just check it). That should start the service, so give it a minute or two to settle, then stop the log and upload it here
16th October 2014, 05:01 PM |#24  

More
Quote:

You could get the log from the device without using adb as well, just start the log (using catlog or similar), go in to Settings > Apps > All > Android Media Shell and click Force stop. Then go to Settings > Date & time and uncheck and check automatic date & time (or if it's already unchecked, just check it). That should start the service, so give it a minute or two to settle, then stop the log and upload it here

I killed it but it's not starting back up automatically. I tried the unchecking and checking the automatic date & time option.

I then opened a terminal and ran the command but get an error back. Any other ideas?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg startservice.jpg - [Click for QR Code] (47.2 KB, 311 views)
Attached Files
File Type: txt 2014-10-16-10-47-09.txt - [Click for QR Code] (96.7 KB, 30 views)
16th October 2014, 05:32 PM |#25  
Flag Stockholm

More
Quote:

I killed it but it's not starting back up automatically. I tried the unchecking and checking the automatic date & time option.

I then opened a terminal and ran the command but get an error back. Any other ideas?

You need to run su before running that command (it needs to be run as root)
16th October 2014, 05:37 PM |#26  

More
Quote:

You need to run su before running that command (it needs to be run as root)

Told you I was a novice...
su/root worked and I have attached the log.
Attached Files
File Type: txt 2014-10-16-11-34-33.txt - [Click for QR Code] (24.4 KB, 59 views)
16th October 2014, 05:42 PM |#27  
Flag Stockholm

More
Quote:

Told you I was a novice...
su/root worked and I have attached the log.

The service was not started correctly, check the spelling please (you spelled android with two n's )
16th October 2014, 05:46 PM |#28  
Thanks Meter: 11

More
Awesome work

I'll test it later today, but I'm not sure it will work, as I have a tronsmart Vega, which has the same SoC than the n8h that rkirmeier is having troubles with

Just one question, Do you guys know if this works trough Ethernet connection?

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk
16th October 2014, 05:47 PM |#29  

More
Quote:

The service was not started correctly, check the spelling please (you spelled android with two n's )

I was browsing the log and noticed that too. I thought it worked as I didn't get any error back. Looks like it worked this time as I can see the app/service running now. New log attached...
16th October 2014, 06:00 PM |#30  
Flag Stockholm

More
Quote:

I was browsing the log and noticed that too. I thought it worked as I didn't get any error back. Looks like it worked this time as I can see the app/service running now. New log attached...

To not make the thread too long I have sent you a PM where we can continue this discussion
16th October 2014, 06:04 PM |#31  
Flag Malmö
Thanks Meter: 18

More
dont fit the tv screen
Hello ! When I cast my screen from my moto g to my TV the picture is a little outside off the TV screen . Is there any fix for it ? I have tested it on diffrent tvs but with same result.
My moto g is 1st gen
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)