Thanks Meter: 325

By HomerSp, Retired Recognized Developer on 10th October 2014, 10:28 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
15th August 2016, 03:20 AM |#461  
Thanks Meter: 2

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by fez vrasta

Does it still work on non rooted devices? I've a Philips Google TV, I've installed the signed version, but even after a full restart of the TV I can't see the "chromecast" on google cast capable app.

It worked for me on MBOX Mini M8X II. But only the Youtube cast from Laptop.

From my Chrome Browser, it does not show up in the list of available devices. Only for YouTube from laptop Chrome, it worked.

From my Phone (Samsung GS7), even YouTube did not work.

5th September 2016, 06:26 AM |#462  
Flag London
Thanks Meter: 46

More
On my Neuxs 10 I get: failed to copy 'libcast_shell_android.so' to '/system/lib//libcast_shell_android.so': No space left on device

This is when I am trying to install the system version :/
5th September 2016, 09:27 AM |#463  

More
I have tried to get this work on multiple devices and it never worked . But then I found this app . You map . Tried on kitkat and lolipop android tv boxs and it works great . Will require a restart of two . Also doesn't require any special install any apk installer should work

http://android-apk.org/apk/com.youma...cast+receiver/

Post back if it works
10th September 2016, 07:29 PM |#464  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ishan81

I have tried to get this work on multiple devices and it never worked . But then I found this app . You map . Tried on kitkat and lolipop android tv boxs and it works great . Will require a restart of two . Also doesn't require any special install any apk installer should work

http://android-apk.org/apk/com.youma...cast+receiver/

Post back if it works

On first run, it worked for YouTube. But now it is not showing YouMap in the list of Cast-To devices from YouTube.

Play Music app shows YouMap in the list of Cast-To devices. But the the casting doesn't work.

It could be that this app is not compatible with marshmallow. Or it could be due to the manual steps (of copying libcastshell).
15th September 2016, 02:29 PM |#465  
Thanks Meter: 36

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by mandar_h

It worked for me on MBOX Mini M8X II. But only the Youtube cast from Laptop.

From my Chrome Browser, it does not show up in the list of available devices. Only for YouTube from laptop Chrome, it worked.

From my Phone (Samsung GS7), even YouTube did not work.

Tried this with similar results, youtube worked but nothing else. I think loaded on the chromecast receiver official app which updated over the existing one. At this point (I was using my phone to cast to the Mini M8S II) other apps could find the box and tried to cast, but all failed (including youtube).
3rd November 2016, 02:36 AM |#466  

More
The weird thing is casting from iPhone to amlogic box works . But cast from android phone has issues . Youmap is no longer being developed . Amazon fire box works perfectly and its native uses something called whisper . If we could port this across from the fire tv it might be compatible as fire tv are also based on android 5.1

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ishan81 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift ishan81 Ad-Free
12th June 2017, 09:51 AM |#467  
Thanks Meter: 11

More
Hi. I found a way to cast without root. I just downloaded the original Google Cast Receiver from ApkMirror and installed it on the receiver. To cast successfuly you need OGYoutube, otherwise it crashes if you try from the official one. OGYoutube is discontinued and there is no place to download it from but I have reuploaded it. Note that you need to be on the same WiFi for this to work. Hope I helped you
https://drive.google.com/folderview?...W1zRklMRFRyTlU
2nd November 2017, 05:59 AM |#468  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Will it work with Hammerhead?
Hi!

Just looking for cromecast receiver for android phone. Will this work for Nexus 5 (Hammerhead)?
29th November 2017, 05:55 PM |#469  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
Guys, is this only working via wifi ?
i installed it on my CloudnetGo CR11s android box RK3188, it works on wifi but when used over the LAN, there is no service.
For those having issue making it work, make sure to test it through via wifi first...
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)