FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA
Honor 7x
Win an Honor 7X!

[APP] Screen Stream Mirroring - Mirror to Chromecast, media players, web browsers....

179 posts
Thanks Meter: 45

By Sloosh, Senior Member on 22nd October 2014, 09:52 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
1st March 2016, 11:33 PM |#41  
OP Senior Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by gdroid666

ok this is just really frustrating i wish there was a video that shows it working so i know what to expect also a good addition would be some animation when it is searching for devices to connect to
what do you mean easier than"live" what is live"

also the app and the description seems to cater to people who want to use this with things like twitch and youtube but it has little to no explaination or instructions for people who just want tot use it to stream to a TV
i'm using a custom rom and miracast is broken in it i have no option for miracast on my device so i was hoping this would be an alternative i don't see why it wont work the TV is wifi direct/miracast, wireless display enabled and it had DLNA also
all teh documentation goes on and on about twitch but says nearly nothing about screen mirroring

I understand your frustration.
But there not much to say about connecting to TV: if your TV has DLNA it should appear in the devices list from the "Chromecast / UPnP / DLNA" app menu. Once you click on it it will immediately initiate a connection to the TV and should display your device screen on your TV.
If this doesn't happen properly it probably means your TV cannot handle the stream.
You can try to change the UPnP streaming format preferences from MPEG-TS to MKV, and/or change the resolution value preference and see if your TV prefers one of them.
I'll also try to improve compatibility with different TV in future updates.

2nd March 2016, 01:40 AM |#42  
Account currently disabled
Thanks Meter: 3

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sloosh

But there not much to say about connecting to TV: if your TV has DLNA it should appear in the devices list from the "Chromecast / UPnP / DLNA" app menu. Once you click on it it will immediately initiate a connection to the TV and should display your device screen on your TV.
If this doesn't happen properly it probably means your TV cannot handle the stream.
You can try to change the UPnP streaming format preferences from MPEG-TS to MKV, and/or change the resolution value preference and see if your TV prefers one of them.

why do you think it's the tv that can;t handle it and not he tablet? isn't there standard for DLNA?
the tablet is only an amazon fire 7 with custom rom
2nd March 2016, 09:33 PM |#43  
Account currently disabled
Thanks Meter: 3

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sloosh

"You can try to change the UPnP streaming format preferences from MPEG-TS to MKV, and/or change the resolution value preference and see if your TV prefers one of them."

nm found them but now it won't connect at all like it was before
this thing is totally unreliable and unstable
i deleted and reinstalled it 20 times and every time on every setting it say server 500 error
it was not not doing that before "set URL failed: action set Av transport url failed HTTP response was 500 internal server error"

every single time now even after i delete and reinstall it before it was at least connecting een though it was a black screen
it also was giving some other error

this app is pure garbage in fact 9 1/2 out of 10 streaming apps are all garbage
11th May 2016, 10:18 PM |#44  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
Just read about the new rooted-only Audio feature and went to test it.
While it worked well, I'm mirroring to a Chromecast and the delay is unbearable, like almost 2s. When I use Google Cast, it's almost lag-free but can't keep audio on the phone...
Fix pls?
11th May 2016, 10:34 PM |#45  
OP Senior Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by slayer418

Just read about the new rooted-only Audio feature and went to test it.
While it worked well, I'm mirroring to a Chromecast and the delay is unbearable, like almost 2s. When I use Google Cast, it's almost lag-free but can't keep audio on the phone...
Fix pls?

Fix about latency ? Latency with Chromecast with the method we use depends a lot on the device. Some device give very low latency.
We do not have same perf as Google Cast app because the tech they use is not the same, and is not accessible to others.
But you could try a kind of "trick" that "might" improve your latency: try to pause the stream for a few seconds and play it again, your latency might be reduced by doing this.
11th June 2016, 12:28 AM |#46  
Thanks Meter: 1,102

More
👍.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to nafyy For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift nafyy Ad-Free
13th October 2017, 08:05 PM |#47  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
How could i stream screen to instagram live
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)