[APP] Screen Stream Mirroring - Mirror to Chromecast, media players, web browsers....

Search This thread

Aquarius169

Oct 3, 2010
Dead Island
I tried to connect my android to my chromecast and will not connect it ask for wifi connectivity. Is there a method or app because i need help setting this up.Also is there way to setup threw xbox one too

Sloosh

Jan 7, 2011
I tried to connect my android to my chromecast and will not connect it ask for wifi connectivity. Is there a method or app because i need help setting this up.Also is there way to setup threw xbox one too

Can't you create a hotspot from your Android device and connect your Chromecast to this hotspot ?
Yes I know some people use it with xbox one through UPnP / DLNA.
You can select this mirroring method from application menu, then your xbox should appear in the list, click on it and it should mirror to the xbox if it is available.

Aquarius169

Oct 3, 2010
Dead Island
I cannot create a hotspot unless i doing something wrong and i tried to connect chromecast. I saw you posted it will work with xbox onr over hotspot. Is there some type of setup

nipsicle

Nov 4, 2015
hotspot streaming

Hello. I have been trying for a few weeks now to get my chromecast to mirror using hotspot workaround. I get bubbleupnp and others to work streaming just fine.
While attempting to use the app i get it to connect to chromecast but will only get paused or stopped without any actual screen projecting. Am i doing something wrong? Would gladly pay for app if i can get it working

Sloosh

Jan 7, 2011
Hello. I have been trying for a few weeks now to get my chromecast to mirror using hotspot workaround. I get bubbleupnp and others to work streaming just fine.
While attempting to use the app i get it to connect to chromecast but will only get paused or stopped without any actual screen projecting. Am i doing something wrong? Would gladly pay for app if i can get it working

what app version do you have, and what device and Android version please ?

Sloosh

Jan 7, 2011
Scrern stream mirroring 2.1.8d
Samsung note 3
Android ver 5.0

Well it really should work with your device !
I'd recommend to restart Chromecast or your device and try again, reset settings to default to be sure you did not set a wrong setting.
By the way an app update is coming soon tomorrow, it will improve a lot of things and one of the improvement will be latency with Chromecast.

Sloosh

Jan 7, 2011
@Sloosh
What about a fullscreen camera option?

I will make a different app for this, focused on Camera because the app using screen mirroring contains a lot of technical and complex stuff no needed for camera.
For your information the next app update coming tomorrow will improve the use of camera by fixing crashes, lags and dark camera that where happening on some devices.

nipsicle

Nov 4, 2015
Well it really should work with your device !
I'd recommend to restart Chromecast or your device and try again, reset settings to default to be sure you did not set a wrong setting.
By the way an app update is coming soon tomorrow, it will improve a lot of things and one of the improvement will be latency with Chromecast.

I will post picture hyperlinks on saturday that capture what is occuring and show what steps i am doing.
I kinda found another backdoor fix by sending the dlna link to bubbleupnp or localcast (worked with both) but delay was horrendous.... 2 to 3 minutes delayed

Stogie87

Oct 3, 2015
Berlin
OnePlus 9 Pro
Hello, is it possible to add Miracast Support to your app? I have the Microsoft Display Adapter Stick, but the screencast function doesn't work on cyanogenmod 12.1. So l bought your app and it works perfectly with my Lg TV (a little bit slow screentransfer, but it's ok for me), but i think with the Miracast Stick the screentransfer would work much smoother.

Sloosh

Jan 7, 2011
Hello, is it possible to add Miracast Support to your app? I have the Microsoft Display Adapter Stick, but the screencast function doesn't work on cyanogenmod 12.1. So l bought your app and it works perfectly with my Lg TV (a little bit slow screentransfer, but it's ok for me), but i think with the Miracast Stick the screentransfer would work much smoother.

Yes you are right, it might give less latency with Miracast.
This is something I would like to add in a future version, but it requires a lot of work so I need to find enough time to work in this.

gdroid666

Feb 23, 2016
OnePlus Nord N200 5G
Yes you are right, it might give less latency with Miracast.
This is something I would like to add in a future version, but it requires a lot of work so I need to find enough time to work in this.

are there any apps that do this?
and what is the exact protocols that the MS display adapter uses, or protocols? is there some other technical term besides miracast or wireless display?

gdroid666

Feb 23, 2016
OnePlus Nord N200 5G
should work... but you can try with free version and see if that works.

this app is terrible it does absolutely NOTHING
what is it that thing is supposed to do?
you description tell us nothing 0/10
the instructions tell us nothing 0/10

ok i launch the app it connects to my tv and it says it is mirroring to my smart tv but all i see is a black screen is that what it is supposed to do?
is it supposed to mirror everything on my screen like miracast?
or is it just supposed to mirror video it detects from the browser or other apps?
awful awful awful description and awful instruction 0/10
confusing layout , confusing description and no instructions on how to use it
no description that tells you exactly what it is supposed to do
it just says mirroring but i see nothing on the TV

i have used other apps like tubio and web video caster i can figure them out in 2 seconds but this thing makes no sense what so ever , the description sucks you have a nice pretty video that is 100% pointless and that tells me 100% nothing about your app nice professionally produced video that tell me NOTHING

device is rooted says it is mirroring TV shows some small control icons int he bottom left corner for 2 seconds then goes black
reinstalled it 20 times , this thing is pure garbage
does not does what it says you should remove screen mirroring from thename it may be able to stream to twitch and TY but i don't use that crap but one thing is for sure it is 100% useless for streaming to a TV

Last edited:

Sloosh

Jan 7, 2011
this app is terrible it does absolutely NOTHING
what is it that thing is supposed to do?
you description tell us nothing 0/10
the instructions tell us nothing 0/10

ok i launch the app it connects to my tv and it says it is mirroring to my smart tv but all i see is a black screen is that what it is supposed to do?
is it supposed to mirror everything on my screen like miracast?
or is it just supposed to mirror video it detects from the browser or other apps?
awful awful awful description and awful instruction 0/10
confusing layout , confusing description and no instructions on how to use it
no description that tells you exactly what it is supposed to do
it just says mirroring but i see nothing on the TV

i have used other apps like tubio and web video caster i can figure them out in 2 seconds but this thing makes no sense what so ever , the description sucks you have a nice pretty video that is 100% pointless and that tells me 100% nothing about your app nice professionally produced video that tell me NOTHING

device is rooted says it is mirroring TV shows some small control icons int he bottom left corner for 2 seconds then goes black
reinstalled it 20 times , this thing is pure garbage
does not does what it says you should remove screen mirroring from thename it may be able to stream to twitch and TY but i don't use that crap but one thing is for sure it is 100% useless for streaming to a TV
Please don't be so angry, it just doesn't seem to work with your TV or device.
Yes it should do mirroring, just like what does Miracast, but it isn't Miracast. If you just want to stream some videos you should use other apps, this is something completely different and easier to stream to TV than "live".

gdroid666

Feb 23, 2016
OnePlus Nord N200 5G
Please don't be so angry, it just doesn't seem to work with your TV or device.
Yes it should do mirroring, just like what does Miracast, but it isn't Miracast. If you just want to stream some videos you should use other apps, this is something completely different and easier to stream to TV than "live".
ok this is just really frustrating i wish there was a video that shows it working so i know what to expect also a good addition would be some animation when it is searching for devices to connect to
what do you mean easier than"live" what is live"

also the app and the description seems to cater to people who want to use this with things like twitch and youtube but it has little to no explaination or instructions for people who just want tot use it to stream to a TV
i'm using a custom rom and miracast is broken in it i have no option for miracast on my device so i was hoping this would be an alternative i don't see why it wont work the TV is wifi direct/miracast, wireless display enabled and it had DLNA also
all teh documentation goes on and on about twitch but says nearly nothing about screen mirroring

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hi guys,

I just wanted to let you know that my app is already out for a while now and I still haven't posted about it here.
    Maybe some Chromecast owners could find it useful :)
    This is Screen Stream Mirroring, it allows you to fully mirror your Android device to Chromecast, media players, web browsers, Chromecast, online broadcast...
    Mirroring feature to Chromecast is out for a while, it was out even before Google announced their Mirroring feature :cool:
    The app works from Android 4.0, and gives high quality results from Android 4.3 or higher.
    Fo now for Chromecast the issue there is compared to other targets is that there is few seconds of delay introduced by Chromecast, I'll do my best to improve this if possible...

Main features are:
    • Mirror to Chromecast
    • Mirror to media players with RTSP
    • Mirror to web browsers with HTTP
    • Broadcast online to Twitch, Ustream, Youtube, and others ...
    • Mirror full audio if you have a rooted Android device (or microphone for all)
    • A lot of settings to change quality and speed

There is a free version: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.mobzapp.screenstream.trial
    If you like it, want to support my work and purchase, here is the link to full version:
    https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.mobzapp.screenstream

Main app thread on XDA is here: http://xdaforums.com/android/apps-games/app-screen-mirroring-broadcasting-to-t3102378

App web site is here: http://mobzapp.com/mirroring
    I hope I could have any feedbacks from XDA users.
    Thanks !