Thanks Meter: 482

By huisinro, Senior Member on 21st July 2015, 05:51 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
23rd July 2015, 07:29 PM |#21  
OP Senior Member
Flag Silicon Valley, California

More
Try to use chromecast app Screen Mirroring to search for the receiver, which works best .

You can disable miracast from display, cast screen to make sure

23rd July 2015, 08:05 PM |#22  
Recognized Developer / Recognized Contributor
Flag Halifax
Thanks Meter: 27,649

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by rayzor666

I get unable to play video. Please choose anouther. But other apps that cast video i get a black screen with sound. But when i push the back button i get video for a second befor the app closes. Could it be an issue with stagefright on my device. Ive done a bit of research and most of what ive found points to that. I dont know much about it though

Quote:
Originally Posted by huisinro

Yes, it's to do with Stagefright low level decoding API, which AMLogic does not support.

Quote:

When you use amlogic boxes, does YouTube casting work? What about chrome tab mirroring? What about android screen mirroring?

"Unable to play video. Please choose another."

Sounds like he's in the same boat as me, I described my results from tab mirroring and screen mirroring here:
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...&postcount=375
23rd July 2015, 11:06 PM |#23  
Thanks Meter: 13

More
For my amlogic box youtube shows the splash screen then error msg on video. Never tried chrome tab casting. Screen casting ends connection almost immediately and briefly flashes a black screen. Pandora works fine

Sent from my SM-G900I using XDA Free mobile app
25th July 2015, 10:04 PM |#24  
Thanks Meter: 86

More
Hi there! I'm using a n7000 intl. with CM12.1 as the Receiver but it doesn't work.

Casting my n9005's (also running CM12.1) screen via the Chromecast app only shows a black screen.
Casting Play Music from the device only shows the splash screen on the Receiver but doesn't play any music.

I'm really interested in this app. Is there any fix or workaround to this? I already tried disabling remote control because it wouldn't even display the splash screen with it being enabled...

Thanks!
26th July 2015, 01:35 AM |#25  
Flag Brisbane
Thanks Meter: 65

More
Sending music via Pandora to Youmap receiver is working quite well for me . One strange issue - everyday like clockwork right around 10am I can't cast from my android phones as they can no longer find Youmap receiver. Casting tabs from Chrome for Windows still works as it finds Youmap receivers (display only - no sound). A reset on the receiver devices allows android phones to detect and cast once again - until about 10am the following day that is.

Any idea what is going on here or how do I fix this? Thanks.
The Following User Says Thank You to Rufus For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Rufus Ad-Free
26th July 2015, 06:34 AM |#26  
OP Senior Member

More
One thing to check, make sure you don't have another server running at port 8008 and 8009. You can run "netstat“ from adb shell, before you install youmap receiver.

The chrome browser tab mirroring audio issue is a known problem that we are working on, next version should work.

About 10am clock issue, can you check if that is 0:00am GMT time? Every day at that time, our app needs to update something, that might be the cause, and there must be a bug there.
The Following User Says Thank You to huisinro For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift huisinro Ad-Free
26th July 2015, 06:48 AM |#27  
Flag Brisbane
Thanks Meter: 65

More
Quote:

One thing to check, make sure you don't have another server running at port 8008 and 8009. You can run "netstat“ from adb shell, before you install youmap receiver.

The chrome browser tab mirroring audio issue is a known problem that we are working on, next version should work.

About 10am clock issue, can you check if that is 0:00am GMT time? Every day at that time, our app needs to update something, that might be the cause, and there must be a bug there.

Yes, I am +10 hours GMT so it would be 0:00am GMT this is happening. Cheers
The Following User Says Thank You to Rufus For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Rufus Ad-Free
26th July 2015, 02:32 PM |#28  
Thanks Meter: 4

More
Just checked with another box (Himedia HD600A with Hi3798M running Android 4.4). Same situation as #20. Chromecast screen mirror works fine with Nexus 4 but not chromecast-enabled apps. The cast button didn't appear. Any help is appreciated.
26th July 2015, 02:43 PM |#29  
Thanks Meter: 21

More
The last trial update fixed all the crashing apps I was having with the iOS devices in my house. Coming along nicely for the fireTV. Thanks. I hope the Amazon gatekeepers left it through.

edit: If it won't make it through please consider releasing in unofficially.
26th July 2015, 04:14 PM |#30  
OP Senior Member

More
@Rufus, thanks for the update, will investigate the bug.
@digimon04, can YouTube find the receiver? It seems there is issues in the auto discovery code. We will add other methods for the discovery. I find Google Chromecast app, Cast Screen, is very powerful finding the receiver, once it finds the receiver, other apps will be able to find, did you try that? also try to turn off/on Wifi on your sending device.
@goodhur, will give it a try. If Airplay receivers can get to the store, I don't see reasons why this app will be rejected.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to huisinro For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift huisinro Ad-Free
26th July 2015, 04:18 PM |#31  
Thanks Meter: 109

More
Would you still release to the Amazon App Store even if they reject Fire TV support? It would still be useful for people who own Kindle Fire tablets and any android device with the Amazon App store installed on.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
android tv, chromecast, fire tv

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)