FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

Cast movies/TV shows from iPhone?

122 posts
Thanks Meter: 8

By aaronfrickinaustin, Senior Member on 15th August 2015, 09:31 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
I searched and didn't find anything, so I'm asking now
Can I cast movies/TV shows I've synced to my iPhone 6 to my Chromecast? Or should I just buy the Apple TV?

15th August 2015, 11:30 AM |#2  
Flag okeechobee
Thanks Meter: 148

More
I'm sure it can be done with the correct app. Although I get the Chromecast connection with OPlayer lite (videos in mp4 as per their directions), it doesn't cast. Rocket cast (? name) won't let me access my PC or RavPower streaming device without an upgrade. It does show the two macs in the house, but I didn't try to access them. Hopefully someone who has done this will tell us which app. I have Android devices which work perfectly with all my local and web streaming, but half of the family is Apple so I'd like to know (I'm the tekky).

Sent from my Nexus 9 using Tapatalk
15th August 2015, 02:31 PM |#3  
Flag Silicon Valley, California
Thanks Meter: 479

More
The best way to do this is through an android device as a proxy, i.e., use AirPlay to send stuff from iOS to the android proxy, which then converts and sends to chromecast. The proxy does not display anything, just as hidden bridge.
15th August 2015, 06:17 PM |#4  
Flag okeechobee
Thanks Meter: 148

More
OK. I was approaching this from DRM free videos which I'd already set up as mp4's, but I think you are talking iTunes' purchases for which Apple TV is the easy solution due to the Apple infrastructure. I think the Android proxy server idea may break you out of the Apple stronghold. I just want an app that will let me discover local then cast local (not local to the device but to the Wi-Fi environment) videos--if that's possible.

Sent from my Nexus 9 using Tapatalk
15th August 2015, 08:04 PM |#5  
Flag Silicon Valley, California
Thanks Meter: 479

More
For casting local videos from iOS to Chromecast, it should be very easy, I am surprised that you couldn't find an app on that.

The approach I am talking about is more of generic one, basically AirPlay to chromecast, we are developing such an app. It is AirPlay receiver , in the meantime also a proxy to chromecast
25th September 2017, 10:16 AM |#6  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Cast iTunes movies/TV shows to Chromecast
If you video files are iTunes movies and TV shows, there is a easy way for you to cast them to Chromecast with the help of DRmare M4V Converter. For detailed tutorial, you can search DRmare M4V Converter on Google, and you will get the video tutorial.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)