Chromecast app disconnecting after screen mirroring selected

3 posts
Thanks Meter: 0

By RaphaRevolution, Junior Member on 18th August 2014, 08:40 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
30th October 2016, 12:36 AM |#11  

More
Did anyone find a fix to the original problem? I'm having the same issue on my S7 Edge. It worked fine, then one day I tried to mirror my screen and it says "Connecting" then immediately afterwards it says "Disconnecting". However, Chromecast can mirror screen just fine on my S4 that's on the same network.

Setup: Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge (SM-G935T), Chromecast is connected via Mobile Hotspot. Samsung Galaxy S4 is connected to Mobile Hotspot as well. I DO NOT have a wireless router nor do I plan on getting one. Any fixes would be greatly appreciated.

8th September 2017, 02:53 AM |#12  

More
Hi,
Managed to fix this by allowing microphone in permissions for all Google apps including Google play services and Google play services for Instant apps.
Hope this fixes your problem.
8th September 2017, 03:54 AM |#13  

More
Hey! Found a fix for this on the S7 Edge. I think it did have something to do with the 5 ghz band.
1: Turn on your phone's wifi
2: Allow it to connect to your chromecast
3: Turn on Smart Network Switch
4: Allow Aggressive Switching
5: Turn on your Mobile Hotspot
6: Allow your Chromecast to connect
7: Once the Chromecast is connected to the Mobile Hotspot, Pull down menu and click to turn wifi off, wait one second, then turn back on.

You should be able to mirror and cast then.

Hope this helps. Not an engineer, can't tell you why this works, maybe there is a more simplified way. I've also heard of clearing the data and cache from the Google home app, but that stopped working for me as I'm sure this method will someday too.
But for now, enjoy!
Best Regards,
- The Gaffler
3rd October 2017, 03:51 AM |#14  
Thanks Meter: 302

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by KQC

Hi,
Managed to fix this by allowing microphone in permissions for all Google apps including Google play services and Google play services for Instant apps.
Hope this fixes your problem.

This is not a satisfactory solution for me. Why should I let Google spy on me with my microphone just to cast my screen?
11th October 2017, 03:05 PM |#15  
Thanks Meter: 218

More
I have 1gen and 2gen Chromecast and both stopped screen casting (mirroring) with Pixel running Oreo. Works fine on Nexus with 7.1.2
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)