How can I return to stock OS?

420 posts
Thanks Meter: 542

By Ramis, Senior Member on 12th September 2015, 05:19 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
19th January 2019, 03:08 AM |#91  
Thanks Meter: 42

More
I am trying to flash back to Stock firmware and having some issues. I cannot figure out how to copy the stock files to my chromecast. I can SSH into the chromecast but I cannot use WinSCP or pscp to transfer any files over. WinSCP tells me "Cannot execute SCP to start transfer. Please make sure that SCP is installed on the server and path to it is included in PATH. You may also try SFTP instead of SCP.
Command failed with return code 127.
"
It seems like SCP is not installed on the remote side and I do not know how to install it. Would really appreciate any help on this.

19th January 2019, 08:57 AM |#92  
Thanks Meter: 4

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by JeremyNSL

I am trying to flash back to Stock firmware and having some issues. I cannot figure out how to copy the stock files to my chromecast. I can SSH into the chromecast but I cannot use WinSCP or pscp to transfer any files over. WinSCP tells me "Cannot execute SCP to start transfer. Please make sure that SCP is installed on the server and path to it is included in PATH. You may also try SFTP instead of SCP.
Command failed with return code 127.
"
It seems like SCP is not installed on the remote side and I do not know how to install it. Would really appreciate any help on this.

IIRC, you need to re-flash the stock rom just as if you were flashing the eureka rom from stock via an OTG cable & USB drive. Maybe the video in this post will help.
https://forum.xda-developers.com/sho...7&postcount=22
19th January 2019, 02:39 PM |#93  
Thanks Meter: 42

More
Thanks for the post. But I no longer have the OTG cable. Is there no way to do it without the cable?
Quote:
Originally Posted by cancunia

IIRC, you need to re-flash the stock rom just as if you were flashing the eureka rom from stock via an OTG cable & USB drive. Maybe the video in this post will help.
https://forum.xda-developers.com/sho...7&postcount=22

19th January 2019, 02:43 PM |#94  
Thanks Meter: 4

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by JeremyNSL

Thanks for the post. But I no longer have the OTG cable. Is there no way to do it without the cable?

Not so far as I know. Maybe someone else will.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)