FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA
H10 Turbo

Mobdro to Chromecast problem

1 posts
Thanks Meter: 1

By Jeff29239, Junior Member on 27th September 2017, 01:22 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
Hi everyone, this is my first post here, so thank you in advance to any help provided to me on this issue!!

I bought a Google Chromecast dongle from Bestbuy the other day so I could stream Mobdro from my phone to the Chromecast. Everything works when I press cast in Mobdro, however the stream always cuts out roughly 10 mins in.... if I watch on my phone then it streams with no issues.

I went into the settings from the Google home app and cannot change anything that would be relevant to this. I've tried it on my wife's phone with the same problem. My modem is in the same room with 50mbps download and 10mbps upload and I have no other connection issues with any other device on my network. Lastly, I've also tried it on another tv with the same outcome.

Any solutions or ideas on this issue would be GREATLY appreciated as this is driving me nuts!!!
The Following User Says Thank You to Jeff29239 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Jeff29239 Ad-Free

28th February 2018, 03:38 AM |#2  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Ever figure out a fix for this? I'm having the same issue, and it's infuriating.

---------- Post added at 04:38 AM ---------- Previous post was at 03:43 AM ----------

To add a little more context:

It's only Mobdro that has this issue for me. Every other app I've tried with Chromecast support can stream for hours.

I've tried it on two different Chromecasts (a regular and an ultra) on multiple networks (including through ethernet on the Chromecast ultra) on two different TVs and from two different devices (my phone and tablet).

Screen mirroring and using Mobdro works without interruption, as well as just streaming Mobdro on my phone. It's only when I use Mobdro with the in-app Chromecast feature that this problem occurs. Sometimes I'll get five minutes, other times I'll be able to watch almost a full 45 minutes of football.

All this being said, I've narrowed it to two things: the Mobdro Chromecast API implementation is somehow faulty (which would result in way more forum posts about this that I can't seem to find), or both of my wireless networks hate the combination of Mobdro and Chromecast (which seems even less likely).

I'm at a complete loss...
9th June 2018, 04:10 AM |#3  
Thanks Meter: 66

More
By any chance have either of you figured out what the issue is or how to fix it? Have the same exact problem and can't find a fix for it either.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)