FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[ROM] [r02 - 2015-12-13] Flashcast-AutoRoot

778 posts
Thanks Meter: 1,488

By ddggttff3, Recognized Contributor / Recognized Developer on 13th December 2015, 08:16 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
21st April 2017, 05:27 AM |#141  
Thanks Meter: 303

More
I was able to fix mine by flashing Eureka and then reflashing autoroot, but getting it into the flashcast mode took a couple dozen tries. Seems like the timing between plugging it in and pressing the button has to be just right.

21st April 2017, 05:52 AM |#142  
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter: 1,011

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ahecht

I was able to fix mine by flashing Eureka and then reflashing autoroot, but getting it into the flashcast mode took a couple dozen tries. Seems like the timing between plugging it in and pressing the button has to be just right.

It's always worked for me to hold down the button then plug in power. It's easier if you connect the power adapter to a surge protector or another switchable outlet.
21st April 2017, 08:04 AM |#143  
Thanks Meter: 3

More
I managed to fix it too by doing flashcast -> eureka -> flashcast-autoroot
21st April 2017, 01:46 PM |#144  
Flag Springfield
Thanks Meter: 828

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by fink.nottle

Same here. Looks like the update came in today (US) and borked it. Any way to fix it ?

oh, looks like its not just me then. good to know
22nd April 2017, 12:20 AM |#145  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
I fixed 2 using Flashcast, one is ok. The other boots up with eureka on the TV then the display goes away, no signal. Any fix for this?
22nd April 2017, 11:15 PM |#146  
Thanks Meter: 367

More
Ok, this finally hit my unit...
Fix was easy but does require the original Hubcap Eureka image on a USB stick. You do not need to re-root the device or use the Teensy to recover....

Unplug the unit, Using the Powered OTG cable, Put your USB Eureka Image into the cable and the Power.
Then plug it into the unit and let Eureka re-flash.

When it is done, Telnet into the unit and re-do the Autoroot.

It took a few tries before it would work again (got a solid red led). So you may have to re-do the routine a few times.
Eventually got a good boot and then it said it had to do an update which worked.

Not sure what the issue was but it is fixable!

Fortis - retry autorooting the one that has the screen problem...If Eureka is booting then the Telnet should still be available.
The Following User Says Thank You to Asphyx For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Asphyx Ad-Free
23rd April 2017, 02:53 AM |#147  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Asphyx

Fortis - retry autorooting the one that has the screen problem...If Eureka is booting then the Telnet should still be available.

Unfortunately I did a factory reset so the device is not connected to my network. Any other way to communicate with it?
23rd April 2017, 03:08 AM |#148  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by fortis91

Unfortunately I did a factory reset so the device is not connected to my network. Any other way to communicate with it?

To connect to network simply use Google Home to set up the device.

If that doesn't work.....
Just reflash the Eureka with a USB drive.
(You will need the powered OTG cable and the Eureka image on a USB drive.)
It should reflash Eureka and even if the screen is not working the Telnet and web server built into Eureka should.
23rd April 2017, 06:20 PM |#149  

More
Quote:

To connect to network simply use Google Home to set up the device.

If that doesn't work.....
Just reflash the Eureka with a USB drive.
(You will need the powered OTG cable and the Eureka image on a USB drive.)
It should reflash Eureka and even if the screen is not working the Telnet and web server built into Eureka should.

Can't use Google Home to setup, doesn't show up.
After re-flashing a few times it does not appear as if the device is completely booting up, it does show the Eureka logo briefly but it goes away.
During flashing FLASHCAST network is available but as soon as the device finish flashing and reboot the network goes away so there's no way to connect to it.

Here's the last log from flashcast:
Code:
Reading recovery parameters
Looking for mods on /dev/sda1
Clearing OTAs
Copying /usr/share/flasher/remove-ota to /tmp/tmp.fHBXJT
Flashing mod at /tmp/tmp.fHBXJT
Mounting cache (mtd4) at /tmp/tmp.ZQ5ch8
Removing temp-ota.zip and ota.zip from cache partition (/tmp/tmp.ZQ5ch8)
Unmounting /tmp/tmp.ZQ5ch8
Removing temporary mod directory /tmp/tmp.fHBXJT
Mounting /dev/sda1 to /tmp/tmp.EsohJQ
Removing old temporary directories
Using runtime directory /tmp/tmp.EsohJQ/flashcast-data/6
Opened log file /tmp/tmp.EsohJQ/flashcast-data/6/log.txt
Created large temp directory /tmp/tmp.EsohJQ/flashcast-data/6/tmp
Found eureka_image.zip, using
Extracting /tmp/tmp.EsohJQ/eureka_image.zip (zip) to /tmp/tmp.rWXZDA
Archive:  /tmp/tmp.EsohJQ/eureka_image.zip
  inflating: boot.img
  inflating: imager.sh
  inflating: recovery.img
  inflating: system.img
Flashing mod at /tmp/tmp.rWXZDA
EurekaROM-44433.001: Imager.sh now running
EurekaROM-44433.001: Flashing Kernel...
Flashing ./boot.img to kernel (mtd2)
EurekaROM-44433.001: Flashing Recovery...
Flashing ./recovery.img to recovery (mtd6)
EurekaROM-44433.001: Flashing System...
Flashing ./system.img to rootfs (mtd3)
EurekaROM-44433.001: Script Finished!
Removing temporary mod directory /tmp/tmp.rWXZDA
Flashing succeeded
Rebooting
Removing large temp directory
Unmounting and removing /tmp/tmp.EsohJQ
23rd April 2017, 06:34 PM |#150  

More
You shouldn't be using Flashcast first off...
Use the Eureka Image from the Hubcap release.
All you need to do is put the USB into the OTG (with Power) and plug it into the unit after Power and USB is connected.
The unit should eventually flash white if the flash is working. If you look at the screen, you should see the page that says it is flashing.

That should put Eureka on the device. Once it is there, connect it to the Network if it doesn't connect automatically with Home.

I'm pretty sure you need to have setup the network in order for Autoroot to work since it downloads the package from the network.
If you can't even get a screen using the Hubcap Eureka image then the unit is probably faulty.
23rd April 2017, 08:45 PM |#151  

More
Quote:

You shouldn't be using Flashcast first off...
Use the Eureka Image from the Hubcap release.
All you need to do is put the USB into the OTG (with Power) and plug it into the unit after Power and USB is connected.
The unit should eventually flash white if the flash is working. If you look at the screen, you should see the page that says it is flashing.

That should put Eureka on the device. Once it is there, connect it to the Network if it doesn't connect automatically with Home.

I'm pretty sure you need to have setup the network in order for Autoroot to work since it downloads the package from the network.
If you can't even get a screen using the Hubcap Eureka image then the unit is probably faulty.

Either I'm doing something wrong or my device is just defective...
Formatted a new USB and dowloaded image from https://forum.xda-developers.com/sho....php?t=2578653
Both the device as you said, the screen say it was flashing the image and will reboot after completing, it stayed up for while. Once it rebooted, I'm back in the same situation again.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)