FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[ROM] [r02 - 2015-12-13] Flashcast-AutoRoot

777 posts
Thanks Meter: 1,487

By ddggttff3, Recognized Contributor / Recognized Developer on 13th December 2015, 08:16 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
19th December 2015, 09:13 PM |#11  
Flag Brno
Thanks Meter: 107

More
@ddggttff3, thank you so much for this!

I try this few times on my 2nd CC. First time from Eureka ROM, then from stock rooted.

I receive two errors, one during the first flash (regarding recovery), other during flashing from rooted stock. I guest, they all right, but just to be sure:

Code:
First block failed verification at byte 8 of 10743808. Wrote 11 replacement blocks to recovery.
Code:
/cache/install.sh: line 67: EurekaSettings: not found
expr: syntax error
Also have a two questions:

What's the difference between recovery used in previous Eureka ROM and the one used in this rooted stock?
And once new OTA for stock CC arrives, I should run this command manually again, to receive it, right?

20th December 2015, 09:17 PM |#12  
Thanks Meter: 363

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Srandista

@ddggttff3, thank you so much for this!

I try this few times on my 2nd CC. First time from Eureka ROM, then from stock rooted.

I receive two errors, one during the first flash (regarding recovery), other during flashing from rooted stock. I guest, they all right, but just to be sure:

Code:
First block failed verification at byte 8 of 10743808. Wrote 11 replacement blocks to recovery.
Code:
/cache/install.sh: line 67: EurekaSettings: not found
expr: syntax error
Also have a two questions:

What's the difference between recovery used in previous Eureka ROM and the one used in this rooted stock?
And once new OTA for stock CC arrives, I should run this command manually again, to receive it, right?

I got the first error the same as you but it did not seem to have any affect since the unit completed the rest of the install and is working just fine.

I dod not get the second error you mentioned though.
21st December 2015, 02:33 PM |#13  
Flag İzmir
Thanks Meter: 21

Donate to Me
More
Should we run this every time we want to update Chromecast, or is it automatically updating itself when new firmware released?
21st December 2015, 09:18 PM |#14  
OP Recognized Contributor / Recognized Developer
Flag Minnesota
Thanks Meter: 1,487

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Srandista

The errors you saw are normal, and are nothing to worry about. As for the questions, the recovery on this has some custom scripts (can be seen in the repo) that do the entire process, so once google pushes an update to your device using the stock update binary, this special recovery will automatically root it during installation.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kefallo

Should we run this every time we want to update Chromecast, or is it automatically updating itself when new firmware released?

Completely automatic, so there is nothing you need to do.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to ddggttff3 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
22nd December 2015, 03:14 AM |#15  
Thanks Meter: 55

Donate to Me
More
Awesome work, I'm not sure if I want to update my device with this yet since we have the current Eureka rom, but if that was the last this is an excellent way to allow future versions and keep root, thanks for your work!
23rd December 2015, 12:43 PM |#16  
Thanks Meter: 18

More
Hi,
Just found this thread and about to SSH in do the update. Unfortunately I've lost the user/pass.
Help please.
Cheers
Geoff

Edit>> took a guess and was correct. User: root, no need to enter password.
Updating now .....
23rd December 2015, 12:55 PM |#17  
Quote:
Originally Posted by ghowse

Hi,
Just found this thread and about to SSH in do the update. Unfortunately I've lost the user/pass.
Help please.
Cheers
Geoff

Edit>> took a guess and was correct. User: root, no need to enter password.
Updating now .....

Try reflashing Eureka rom

Enviado desde mi GT-I9506 mediante Tapatalk
23rd December 2015, 01:23 PM |#18  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by josefede_tenor56

Try reflashing Eureka rom

Thanks, I was able to do the update via SSH.

Like an earlier poster, I don't know how to boot the web interface. I'll be doing some research, but hopefully someone will give some hints.
Cheers
Geoff

Edit>> I'm trying to learn about using sed to edit the script file(s). Am I on the right track?
24th December 2015, 04:25 AM |#19  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ghowse

using sed to edit the script file(s).

Sed is available on the CC but looks a bit dangerous. I don't want to brick my device. I'm still looking for another editor. There is no nano, pico, vi etc that I can see.

Still trying .....
26th December 2015, 03:01 PM |#20  
Thanks Meter: 55

Donate to Me
More
I ran this on my eureka rom Chromecast last night and the script seemed successful and then said rebooting, I saw flashcast on my tv but now it just shows white "chromecast..." letters on a black screen. I had it plugged into power on the TV's usb port during the process is there a chance it needed more power during the flash and got corrupt? Any ideas to try to revive it?
26th December 2015, 03:33 PM |#21  
Thanks Meter: 454

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ImCoKeMaN

I ran this on my eureka rom Chromecast last night and the script seemed successful and then said rebooting, I saw flashcast on my tv but now it just shows white "chromecast..." letters on a black screen. I had it plugged into power on the TV's usb port during the process is there a chance it needed more power during the flash and got corrupt? Any ideas to try to revive it?

What white chromecast?
How long did you wait in recovery (flashcast)?
This new method is taking 5-10 minutes inside the recovery in order to flash an update. It used to take less than a minute, but I this auto-root method is more demanding.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)